Print 

Author Topic: Very Strange AMD Driver Issues  (Read 2154 times)

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
Very Strange AMD Driver Issues
« on: March 05, 2015, 04:08:39 AM »
Hey Guys! Long time no see,

I thought I would come to you with a tech issue I had, seeing as you are all pretty knowledgeable.

So I was playing CS:GO yesterday, and I changed my res from 4:3 to 1920x1080, and both of my screens turned into orange and yellow small stripes for a second, and then went back to the game. After that though the screen was "split" in half so basically the right half was on the left, and the left half was on the right, for example, if I moved my mouse to the right edge of the monitor, it would appear on the left edge if you know what I mean. The edge of the actual screen however was in the middle.

I restarted my PC, and it went back to normal, but then after like 30 secs of playing GO again it did the same thing. After restarting the computer a couple more times, I tried to update/re-install the graphic card drivers, which then pretty much stuffed up the computer. When I rebooted the PC after installing them, the windows loading screen would show up
(this thing),

and then the screen would just go completely blank, it was as if the display wasn't responding to the GPU or something. I opened up the case and looked to see if anything was unplugged, or out of place, and I spent a bit of time dusting out the case to make sure it wasn't getting clogged up or anything. I put it all back together, but it was still doing the same thing. I could however boot it up in safe mode.

Also I should mention now that I had already tried using different cables, and had plugged in a different monitor, so it is definitely computer sided.

This morning I re-installed windows and re-formatted my HDD in case there was something seriously broken with the drivers, and it all installed fine, but when I went and downloaded the drivers again and rebooted to finalise the process, the same thing happened. I would boot it up, and it would go to black. I decided to fully take apart my GPU and clean it thoroughly, which I did. I then put it back in the case, booted up and this time it would turn on for a second, turn off, then windows would load, and it would go back to a black screen. After trying a couple of times and the same thing happened, I got a BSOD after the black screen was up for a little bit. So pretty worried that something was completely broken, I launched it in safe mode again, and used Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to completely remove all drivers.

After I did that, it would launch fine in normal mode, but obviously the res was like 800x600 or something because I didn't have any drivers apart from the default windows ones. I tried doing this multiple times, all with different versions of the drivers, but the same thing would happen over and over.

Now, after deleting the drivers once more, and booting normally, it would come up with the BIOS page, where it says something like "press DEL to enter BIOS settings" or something, like it normally does, and then after that the windows loading screen didn't appear like it was before, it went straight to a black screen with a white flashing "dash/underscore" type thing in the top left.

To get past this, I had to boot windows using the Windows 7 install disc, and run the memory diagnostic thing, and then cancel it, and Windows booted normally. So now I am sitting here typing on a 1400x1050 res, with no graphics drivers installed, and I have no idea how I can install these drivers without completely stuffing up my computer. I am completely lost pretty much. I don't think the GPU is "dead" per se, because wouldn't I not be able to see anything on the screen at all? Especially not be able to run windows normally? (Without the drivers of course).

Anyway, sorry for the really long post, I just wanted to make sure you guys have all the details, and see if you can help me out.

Just an FYI, my specs are:

GPU: Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 6870 SuperOverclocked
CPU: Intel i5 2500K (Sandy Bridge I think)
HDD: Some Western Digital 1TB one
Motherboard: Asus P8687-M Pro

Any help is much appreciated
Cheers

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Print