Print 

Author Topic: Crysis 3  (Read 3673 times)

Offline Caboose.

• Newbie Poster
Crysis 3
« on: August 12, 2012, 06:53:39 PM »
Did my best to keep this as story line spoiler free as possible. No major ones

So i was sitting down the other day wondering what games that are coming out in the future that i would like to get. When Crysis 3 came to mind. And I was really stuck wondering if i wanted this game. The first Crysis game was hands down one of the best games i have ever played in my entire life. I would almost say it is my favorite game. Taking a Halo suit and kicking it up a notch and releasing you in a forested island. And within the first 10 mins you know there is something weird on the island. And the game play was awesome. It wasn't a game that gave you 1 path to go and you had to follow that path with no deviation (COD is a good example). You could go stealth mode to your objective. or just blast your way in, guns blazing. And the end of the story left me thrilled for Crysis 2. *sigh* and this brings me to why I am hesitant to buy Crysis 3. Crysis 2... was hands down one of the worst sequels to a game i have ever played in my entire life. To start off, the start of the game made no sense whatsoever. After you get the suit and the cut-scene right after that happened I was left going, " what?........ WHAT!?" story lines are important to me as a gamer. And I was really hoping for it to pick off close to where the first one left off. The start of this one made me feel like i had missed 1 or 2 games in the series. And as for game play. you had a set path to go 80% of the time, you drove a vehicle for like a grand total of 10 mins through the entire game. in the first one i got 10 mins within the first 30 mins of the game. so without a vehicle that meant you had even less options you could use to deviate from doing the same thing over and over. The enemies that took New York, weren't even the same as in the first. I could understand if they were added on. But you didn't even see the enemy models from the first one. they completely changed them. They weren't even the same color. i know thats a pointless fact. But a way to look at is, they did so bad, they couldnt even keep the color the same. It would have been a good game... if it wasn't suppose to be a sequel to another one. And now the Crysis 3 trailer. Right off the bat it seems that your main weapon...... is a crossbow..... year 2020 or somewhere in that area. In a trillion dollar suit....... and the best weapon you could find....... was a crossbow..... *insert Katniss Everdeen joke* After that, the main thing they seemed to fix was the, set path problem. By giving you multiple paths ofc. The rest of the trailer didn't really show much. in the end, I probably will buy this game just because of how much i liked Crysis 1. But I most certainly will not be going to any midnight releases.
   Good Job Shivrz! Thank you! ;D   Thank you speedy Trael and (ØßØ)¶éàÐé® for the sigs :D and thanks to zakpak for putting them together

Print