Print 

Author Topic: Line Rider with classical accompaniment  (Read 3406 times)

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Line Rider with classical accompaniment
« on: October 26, 2018, 11:57:34 PM »

Line Rider was briefly popular a few years ago, if anyone remembers. There's a Youtuber who's made a few videos using Line Rider and syncing it to popular classical songs.

This one's my favorite, mostly because I like Grieg's In the Hall of the Mountain King:

I think these are pretty fun to watch, they're so artistic and Line Rider is an unwieldy medium. I guess the guy who makes these spends a few months doing each video. It's all trial and error, redoing each line until the rider does exactly what it's supposed to do.

In these next ones, he got the creator of Line Rider to program multiple riders. I can't even get the thing to travel down a single hill, and this guy is juggling multiple riders, synced to music, sometimes with the riders and their sleds off screen for several seconds. It's a delight to watch! The time and patience it would take to make these blows my mind.

This is Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy from The Nutcracker play/ballet:

And Beethoven's 5th Symphony:

Offline BFM_Fuzzy

• Major
Re: Line Rider with classical accompaniment
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 01:36:56 AM »
Wow that's great!

I like In the Hall of the Mountain King as well, but it's sort of hauntingly inexorable quality keeps me from listening to it too often.  ;D

This guy sure has a lot of patience to work out something like this.

Offline BFM_Crimson

• BFM Admin
    • I'm copying JANE...
Re: Line Rider with classical accompaniment
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 03:03:07 PM »
Imagine having the patience to do that. Wow.

Also, line rider seems to have a lot more tools now than it did 10 years ago. Like, there was no tool to draw a straight line so you had to left click then right click to bring up the context menu which let you move the mouse to where you wanted the line to end then left click again.

Now there's, like, 3 different types of lines!

.       Thanks JANE, LËÕ, Lucky, MiG and Tails for rendering signature services!

Print