Print 

Author Topic: anyone got a ps3?  (Read 7764 times)

Offline BFM_Rèápër

• BFM Admin
  • BFM_Weapa owns you!
anyone got a ps3?
« on: January 10, 2008, 06:35:19 PM »
if you have a ps3 my user is The1Reaper add me and see if you can beat me XP (Posted from my ps3)  :P :P

Got halo: 01/04/2006
Accessed forums: 02/12/2006
Vent: 03/05/2006
Little Tags: 06/24/2006
Big Tags: 10/05/2006
Left BFM: 03/12/2008
ReRecruitment: I think around 09/06/2009
Vent: 10/14/2009
ReRecruited for little tags: 01/05/2010
ReBig tags: 05/09/2010

Offline Rázgrìz

• Senior Poster
  • I am the Razgriz
Re: anyone got a ps3?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 10:21:09 PM »
i gots a 360 :)

Offline Gryphon

• Regular Poster
  • If you hear the roar, it means it's too late.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 11:23:46 PM »
Sadly, I do not have one as the prohibitive cost and the fact that there are only 2 maybe three good exclusives games for it have kind of forced me to wait and see on the PS3.

Offline TeiN!~

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 10:47:11 PM »
im waiting for the prices to go down atm.... maybe in like 2 or 3 years to buy it.... i need money fro books hahaha this thing costs almost a racking 300 dollars!

gfx r nice tho.... its pimpin :D

Mess WiT The BesT, DiE LyKe The ResT

Offline FlameDragon

• Junior Poster
  • hack and slash my way to victory.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 06:30:33 AM »
ps3 is just sonys sry excuss for a game system who needs a ps3 with only a few good games and yes the 360s graphics can match the ps3 and why have a ps3 when you can have  a computer with a 8800 ultra or the soon to be 9800 graphics that can blow it away and then do more than a ps3

Offline Fralalala

• Regular Poster
  • This One Time I Was BFM_British...
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 08:54:59 AM »
ps3 is just sonys sry excuss for a game system who needs a ps3 with only a few good games and yes the 360s graphics can match the ps3 and why have a ps3 when you can have  a computer with a 8800 ultra or the soon to be 9800 graphics that can blow it away and then do more than a ps3

So you DON'T have one then.

Am i the only one thats tired of these Fan-Boy/Girl wars?

If you have a 360. Good for you.
If you have a PS3. Congratulations.

All this arguing makes you sound jelous...

Offline BFM_ImaybeU

• BFM Admin
  • Got Ping? I do!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 11:43:11 AM »
Here's something for them to be jealous of.  We just got PS-3 (80 gig version), XBox 360 (Elite) and Wii for our son's birthday.  We still also have PS-2, Gamecube, and Nintendo 64.    We are not on-line with any of the systems yet.  Just playing the games in-house.  Our son has some severe disabilities and does not have the cognitive/emotional tools for dealing with some of the personalities out there.  Sorry, Reaper, if we were on-line, I would definitely add you to our buddy list.

All the consoles are great in their own way and each have fun games.  My only complaint about PS-3 is it's lack of backward computability with PS-2.  The first generation PS-3 (60 gig version) was compatible, then they stopped making it and is incredibly hard to find.   Right now, we're working through all the Rachet & Clank titles.

The Nintendo Wii is totally compatible with the Gamecube games and hardware.  Besides the wireless controllers, you can also plug in the Cube's old controllers and memory modules.  They did it right.

^^Thanks Warlord for the great sig!

Offline FlameDragon

• Junior Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 12:56:26 PM »
yes i must admit the wii is one of the most well made game systems made things abought as light as my nintendo ds

Offline BFM_Rèápër

• BFM Admin
  • BFM_Weapa owns you!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 08:53:44 PM »
did u know there is no pc faster then a ps3 right now? because where do you see a pc booting up in 1 second or less unless u have a goverment pc then maybe but i dought it and y does it boot up so fast because it uses a linux based OS which requires only .1 khz (killahertz) to open the OS loading uses .5mhz (megahertz) and no system can match a ps3 because if u put a ps3 on ANY screen the game uses every pixle the screen has to the smallest detail i've tried to skrew with it but even the pc moniters make it look good O.o and the sound is better because it's not compressed like pc/360/wii only because of the 50gig blueray dvd's id doesn't have to be compressed and every ps3 game is around 20 to 40 gig some even more on the disk (no way to burn to dvd lol) and the sound is some of the reason also the hd dvd is going out of business because of it's problems selling products and the errors on the dvd's/dvd players but not to go one sided but also yes the 360 has great graphics on it's dvd 9 disks i've played it at my friends (love gears of war) and i like both systems but based on the facs the ps3 is the highes quality for the lowest price (try buying a blueray player same price as ps3 or close) and if you can buy a ps3 i prefure BUY the 60gig ps3 it's the best one out the 80 gig only supports ps2 games that don't download stuff like FF11 can't work on it (might i dought it though) because it needs installing and stuff around there another great factor is ps3 is free online so buy the game and own people no xbox live waiting to sign in or you have to sign in to play this game but instead go strait to the game and the connection speed is way faster then 360 because it's not another program on the hdd slowing the system down but on the cd instead :P the wii uses only dvd's because of this reason they could make it small and light (now blueray can be the same as a dvd player as in mass too) and at the time of blueray it wasn't advanced enough to launch the wii with blueray plus they just wanted it to be a family system and it has great games decient graphics but very fun all 3 systems have there goods and bads and all 3 are great and now the ps3 has a lot of great games around 64 or so on the market and maybe more but unreal tournament 3 really got me on the graphics and entertainment (launched on ps3 first dono if on pc and 360 yet) and the best part is installing it on the ps3 so the loading screens are even less then half the speed of any system or pc because of 2 things loading the game, the hdd and the blueray disk at the same time but like i said looking for a great system with great stabibility and great games go with the ps3 looking for great games and decient stabibility go with the 360 looking for great games and great stabibility go with the wii looking for graphics ps3/360, it all depends on how u like games but if i must say i put a 360 next to my ps3 (friend brought theirs over) and we loaded the same exact game mine came out loading at 2 times the speed (orange box was the game) and the sound was higher pitched and to me sounded more real on the ps3 and the graphics on the HD tv were no better on the ps3 or the 360 the only difference was the fps the ps3 had almost 2 times the fps then the 360 but the 360 had the original sound and quality of the game as on the pc (original ment production was ment for pc first but wanted on ps3) and the ps3 only had higher pitch on the portal storm (for lightning sounds) and on the twisting of the metal (loud screeches and squeeks) so there isn't much difference it is almost the same but i like to joke with my friend and ask him how the jet is doing :P because my stealth bomber is doing great :P (360 my friends jet and ps3 my stealth bomber) lol so buy what you want for the games not the system but if u want my opinion yes it's the ps3 cus it's so fun using the controler to stear but then using the anologs to stear instead when u get mad at the game because you crash too much (and no the ps3 didn't steel it from the wii it's the other way around if anything because sony told everyone it was going to be a six axis remote that could sence when being tilted in 6 directions "actually more but ya" even before the nentendo said they had motion sensing)

don't listen to what i said just choose your system i'd have the 360 if it was more stable the wii is too kidish for what games i like even though mario RULES lol

Got halo: 01/04/2006
Accessed forums: 02/12/2006
Vent: 03/05/2006
Little Tags: 06/24/2006
Big Tags: 10/05/2006
Left BFM: 03/12/2008
ReRecruitment: I think around 09/06/2009
Vent: 10/14/2009
ReRecruited for little tags: 01/05/2010
ReBig tags: 05/09/2010

Offline AR~Toby

• Newbie Poster
  • SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 11:13:52 AM »
yes i hve, name is viper1991, i sent friend request 2 u reaper

Offline HastaLaVista

• Senior Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 08:11:11 PM »
Wow... Reaper I wanted to read your post, but... paragraphs man! Paragraphs!!!

I also have a PS3, ID... Loqii of course!

It's an amazing machine, no doubt about it. And we have not even begun to see it's potential...

-Loq

Offline FlameDragon

• Junior Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 06:51:42 AM »
truse me u will see a downfall in the pc it may use a unix based os that reqiers littel power but still its potentail is limited it has littel to no upgrade potential and games on consoles are on lower resolutions

Offline Rázgrìz

• Senior Poster
  • I am the Razgriz
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 05:04:15 PM »
ok guys, lets stop bashing the 360 and the PS3. please

Offline HastaLaVista

• Senior Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 05:10:40 PM »
truse me u will see a downfall in the pc it may use a unix based os that reqiers littel power but still its potentail is limited it has littel to no upgrade potential and games on consoles are on lower resolutions

Flamedragon... I assume when you say "PC" above you mean PS3...

And I'm sorry, but you are flat out wrong. I ignored your earlier rant, and almost ignored this one too.

The PS3 is a very powerful system that has not even started to come into it's maturity. It has superior hardware to the Xbox, that can't be denied. Games like Assasins Creed or Crysis require ridiculously high hardware specs on a PC... Only a small fraction of PC users are even able to run these games. Not to mention that a console gaming experience is inherently different than a PC gaming experience. PS3 has it's share of exclusive titles that are attractive to some. (Metal Gear, Ratchet and CLank, Resistance Fall of Man, Little Big Planet, etc...)

In addition, the recent success that Blu-Ray has had over HD-DVD in the high def wars have placed the PS3 as the best priced, and upgradeable high definition dvd player on the market today.

I understand if your preference is for another console, or PC gaming experience, but that is YOUR preference. What is the point of all your PS3 bashing? If you prefer PC gaming to PS3.. fine! If you prefer Xbox to PS3... fine! But understand that others see it differently, and this "downfall" you see coming is just your opinion, and not fact.

-Loqii
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 09:16:17 PM by Loqii »

Offline Ben-BSH

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 06:33:38 PM »
can i just say, Im a BIIIGGG computer fan, but when it comes to the PS3, its better, ive played 360. PS3 and comp, and still find the PS3 better for gaming...
youd need something along the lines of a quad core, with insane GFX to get near the kind of things a console will be able to do.. (not forgetting that you cant run a game on a pc, you run the game on the operating system)

Print