Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Tech Support and Chat / Re: Error 193 - Unable to open halo
« Last post by BFM_Mil on March 26, 2024, 08:06:27 AM »
I guess I didn't google hard enough to reach THAT solution :LOL: Glad you managed to fix it!
« Last post by BFM_Tails on March 26, 2024, 01:35:01 AM »
After searching the issue some more I found that someone solved this problem by installing the game to another drive other than thier C drive, so i changed the install directory and boom, game launches and problem solved. Thank you for responding anyway Mil!
« Last post by BFM_Mil on March 25, 2024, 12:53:40 PM »
I did try that but il try your tags as well tonight and post results

Only the -vidmode is important here, the other 2 are irrelevant. The -novideo just skips the intro video when you open halo and the -console is for the rcon stuff in online servers.
I googled the problem and some of the solutions found there suggest either downloading some .dll files or deleting them. It's better if you check for yourself and see if it works (oh and don't download anything that you're not sure of).
« Last post by BFM_Tails on March 25, 2024, 12:11:11 PM »
I did try that but il try your tags as well tonight and post results
« Last post by BFM_Mil on March 25, 2024, 08:15:14 AM »
Did you try Octanes solution in that thread? I currently have these at the end of the target line: -novideo -console -vidmode 3840,2160 (adjust these 2 numbers to your own screen resolution).
Tech Support and Chat / Error 193 - Unable to open halo
« Last post by BFM_Tails on March 25, 2024, 01:43:30 AM »
Hi all, trying to open halo and I get this error 193.  it says exactly

Unable to load HAC! Error code: 193

Nothing has really changed on my PC since I ran halo last a few years ago so im not really sure what the problem is

I have uninstalled and re installed, fully patched to 1.10 and no difference. I can open the game in safe mode but it locks it to the lowest resultion and im unable to change it, and its basicly unplayable. any advice would be great. it seems very similar to octances problem in this thread from a few years ago http://www.bfmracing.net/forums/index.php/topic,61793.0.html, where it tries to open, changes the resolution and closes. any advice would be great, ive googled the problem and there is a few videos in spanish on youtube but they didnt help me. Thanks guys

Oh and im running windows 7. Still. They are gonna pry this OS from my cold dead hands I swear  :siderofl:
Announcements / Re: Forum testing post
« Last post by BFM_Slim on March 22, 2024, 10:10:43 PM »
Testing 1  2   3  ?
Seems to be working ok Slim   :winkgrin: ::)

:siderofl:
Announcements / Re: Forum testing post
« Last post by Wic on March 22, 2024, 06:26:43 PM »
Testing 1  2   3  ?
Seems to be working ok Slim   :winkgrin: ::)
General Board / Re: Blast from the Past
« Last post by BFM_Slim on March 18, 2024, 12:32:23 AM »
Zeek, I need to check these boards more, hope you are still racing and are doing well.
Announcements / Forum testing post
« Last post by Slim testing on March 18, 2024, 12:16:03 AM »
:cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10