Print 

Author Topic: Internet Browser problems *NOT Fixed*  (Read 1089 times)

Offline BigShot

• Regular Poster
  • its when you're not looking that the shot hits
Internet Browser problems *NOT Fixed*
« on: February 04, 2009, 05:01:10 PM »
ok so on my main PC, the only i play halo on, none of my brousers are working, firefox, internet explorer, and google chrome. they just keep saying that its loading the web page, for anywhere i go to. i cant even get into my router's acess page. i was getting another error earlier today, saying something along the lines of the connection resetting everytime the brouser tried to connect. i reset my modem and cable box multiple times and that went away but the infinite loading cycles are still here. this happened last night as well but stopped for some reason after a while. please help me as i'm totally stumped, xfire and vent work on the pc so its still connected to the internet.

*POSSIBLE FIXAGE* I changed the cable i used from the router to the USB ethernet adaptor, i also changed the port on the router i was using. one of those must have been bad because not everything seems to work, keeping my fingers crossed for the scrim tonite!

*FAILED*
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 02:50:30 PM by BFM_BigShot »

team sig by Slayton, thanks a ton!

My virtues: be silent but strong, never attack in anger, uphold all just laws, and stay 100% loyal to your choices and friends

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: Internet Broser problems
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 05:56:17 PM »

1) Um, I assume that you're posting the above ON ANOTHER COMPUTER then, yes?!?!  ::)

2) When you "reset everything," did you do it correctly?

3) Open your "Network Connections" and see what it shows as "Enabled," "Connected," Firewalled," or whatever.  (Perhaps post a screenie of your "Network Connections" window?)
[Open "Network Connections" thusly: Start -> Control Panel -> RIGHT-click "Network Connections"]
(To take a screenshot of just ONE WINDOW, make it active, then do <Alt>+<PrtScn> to capture an image of the active window. Then open MS Paint and "Paste" it, then File -> "Save As" it as a JPG file.)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BigShot

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 06:22:39 PM »
yea, i'm on another pc. i cant take a scereenie on that PC and have you see it due to my problem. the connection is unfirewalled and is active, sending and recieving data. as for resetting the router, i just held the reset button on the router for 30 seconds, i'll try what you said.

i tried how you said so shutdown and restart my pc and riouters, it didnt work. its still the same problem where its just waiting for the website.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:48:13 PM by BFM_BigShot »

My virtues: be silent but strong, never attack in anger, uphold all just laws, and stay 100% loyal to your choices and friends

Offline BigShot

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 02:06:29 PM »
ok well, after i clicked firefox literally half an hour ago, it popped up and the internet is working on it. I tried going into IE but that still didnt work. whatever the problem is, i think firefox is causing it.

Offline BigShot

• Regular Poster
Re: Internet Browser problems *NOT Fixed*
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 02:53:11 PM »
this is an update as well as a bump.

i tried replacing the cables and that didnt work. just now, about 30 mins ago, my internet was doing the same thing. i decided to clean out the processes via the task manager. I must have hit what what was causing my internet problems because right after i closed it, xfire updated, and i could get onto the internet in my browser again. so i've come to this conclusion: there is a program somewhere on my PC that is blocking my internet and it is non vital. does anyone know how i can find this program without going through each process in the task manager one by one?

Offline BFM_Skedog

• Lieutenant
Re: Internet Browser problems *NOT Fixed*
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 04:27:48 PM »
this is an update as well as a bump.

i tried replacing the cables and that didnt work. just now, about 30 mins ago, my internet was doing the same thing. i decided to clean out the processes via the task manager. I must have hit what what was causing my internet problems because right after i closed it, xfire updated, and i could get onto the internet in my browser again. so i've come to this conclusion: there is a program somewhere on my PC that is blocking my internet and it is non vital. does anyone know how i can find this program without going through each process in the task manager one by one?
ummm... Hope you get lucky?? I really cannot think of any way to find the program causeing the problem, other than going through your task manager, and closing each one, one by one. Be careful though, you dont want the Blue Screen Of Death :P

BFM_Skedog

By priceslaytonv at 2011-03-05

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a few seconds, set him on FIRE and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

A GREAT leader has the ability to combine knowledge, passion, caring, and wisdom into a focused energy that perpetuates the desire to do GREAT in those who are following.

Print