Print 

Author Topic: Oh! Hello everyone.  (Read 5054 times)

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
Oh! Hello everyone.
« on: January 31, 2018, 05:42:49 AM »
Hi everyone!

In october i held traffic up a little bit on the M56 motorway... both ways... Slightly

5 ribs broken on the front, 8 on the back, basically i broke the right half of my ribcage off. The ribs that were not plated up were that badly damaged they had to be left to heal on their own. Punctured lung and broke the other side of my collarbone. There was a head injury too, but i dont feel any stupider... Apparently i was lucky. Looking at the bike, she game out of this better off thats for sure.

Xray @ https://i.imgur.com/0OoxcmC.jpg
Accident shot @ https://i.imgur.com/fG8HK31.jpg

As of the 28th just gone, me and my partner have a son. 2 days before my birthday. Best birthday present ever. Now i feel lucky. He has a poorly heart so will be staying in hospital for a bit but he is doing well.

I  hope you are all well and still lurking this place now and then. I see that some of the guys are still organizing racing nights. Hopefully one day ill be back on vent and catching up, beating everyone on the track like i used to :p  ;D

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: Oh! Hello everyone.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 02:36:00 PM »

It's Octane! Happy birthday, hope you're well!

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 02:46:28 PM »

Just kidding, I read all that. Aaaand, I'm pretty sure that the last time I wished you a HB, you said you'd been in a motorcycle accident then, too. I've never been on a motorcycle, but it must be pretty amazing if you keep getting on them... :P

But hey, with half your ribs broken, it should be easier to squeeze into narrow places. Something fall behind the fridge? No problem! Can't afford another seat on plane trip? We'll just fold you into a suitcase!

No, seriously, be careful next time. And happy birthday to you and the little guy, your shared birthday parties are going to be fun   :toot:

Offline BFM_Crimson

• BFM Admin
    • I'm copying JANE...
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 04:22:12 AM »
[flashback]Octane flies (motor accident)[/flashback]

Octane! You didn't even make it 4 years! I'm starting to think you might do better with a couple more wheels  :winkgrin:

Congratulations! Both on surviving and on the son ;D

How soon til you're back on the bike?

.       Thanks JANE, LËÕ, Lucky, MiG and Tails for rendering signature services!

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 12:58:55 PM »
Yikes, glad you came out of that ok Octane.

Heal up and make some good memories with your son.

Hop on the tracks sometime when you're free

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 08:39:09 PM »
Thanks guys

Actually Crimson ive had another accident in between this one and that one lol. The 2nd cash being the reason for the left collarbone clavicle break. I wont be back on the bike for a lil while, but its not off the cards by any means, the motorcycle club wouldn't like that much i dont think lol. My new family comes first though. Our son be due for heart surgery soon (Tetralogy of Fallot - heart problem).

Ive logged on once or twice but that halo lobby echoes these days. Hopefully ill catch people on at the right time sometime.

Offline Soul

• Senior Poster
  • Be back in 5 minutes, If I'm not, read this again.
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 12:34:38 AM »
So, anything else? Hopefully not.

=P

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 08:05:00 AM »
I cut my lip on an ice cube. A square one. No edges.

Kyson's heart surgery was a success, hes doing great (apart from common cold/croup at the moment) and is due the next stage of surgery soon.

Apart from the PTA amnesia I'm doing better physically, back in work and having the time of my life with my family.

A busy year and the new life, still managed to get the garage time in though (woot!)  ;D

Offline BFM_Crimson

• BFM Admin
    • I'm copying JANE...
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 12:17:56 AM »
Can it really be called a garage if it doesn't have at least one old printer box in it?

You cut your lip on an ice cube?

An ice cube?

Your lip?

Cut?

Man I thought maybe it was just riding a motorbike that you weren't all that crash-hot at (get it?), but seems you can't drink without injuring yourself either!

Glad to hear the first op went well, heart surgery is never all that fun (what is fun is going swimming years later and people asking what the scar is from and making up all sorts of accidents and attacks, when I was a kid I milked the scar for all it was worth, so tell him he's got that to look forward to)

Bike's looking good!

.       Thanks JANE, LËÕ, Lucky, MiG and Tails for rendering signature services!

Print