Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Didn't know that, that's cool!

You should make a return to Halo PC, we get together on Saturdays consistently.

BTW, QOTSA rocks!  One of my favorite bands.

Announcements / Halo Master Chief Collection for XBox One - Team Race Custom game
« Last post by Qotsa on December 11, 2017, 11:11:01 AM »
Hey Guys!

Been a very long time... doubt anyone here remembers me from over a decade ago.

Recently purchased a copy of Halo MC Collection, and much to my pleasure, they have Team Race as a custom playlist!

Is anyone here interested in getting some a race together on XBone? I would be more than happy to coordinate the effort in the hopes of getting something routine going!

Will check back regularly in hopes there is some interest here
Announcements / Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, December 9th - 8PM CST
« Last post by BFM_Mil on December 03, 2017, 05:37:10 PM »
Hey guys,

Today December 3rd was the 1 year anniversary since the first race scheduled on this topic. Can't believe it has been this long and we're still going strong! Thanks everyone that shows up every week. People like MacAir, Boredom, Invert, Bob Marley! Jeez, you're always here :love: It's a very old game and we still get full servers! So much fun every time :yesyes:

See you next week!
Gaming and Halo-themed Games / Steam Sale - Ends Nov 28th
« Last post by BFM_Fuzzy on November 22, 2017, 02:28:34 PM »
The Steam Autumn sale is running from now to the 28th. Grab some deals if you want them!

Post what you got!
Tech Support and Chat / Re: Your Rig (Lets see them!)
« Last post by BFM_ËQINÖX on November 18, 2017, 09:00:11 AM »
Guess I will post my rig to. I have only had one major upgrade since my old build on Page 18. Haha also found my old old rig on page 7.

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16 Core (XFR Enabled)
Mobo: ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080Ti AORUS Xtreme Edition (OC 2050Mhz Core; 12000MHz Memory)
Storage (Primary): OCZ 500GB SSD
Storage (Secondaries): 2x4TB WD Black + 1x3GB Seagate (Currently disconnected) + 3x2TB WD Black
PSU: Corsair HX1000 1000W Platinum Modular Power Supply
Case: Lian Li PC-X2000
Sound: ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Networking: ASUS PCE-AC88 AC3100 Wireless Adaptor
Cooling: Corsair 115i CPU Cooler + 4x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm PWM Fans (3 intake 1 exhaust)

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth 2016 Mech Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Razer Mamba Tournament Edition Chroma RGB Laser Gaming Mouse
Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT770Pro 32ohm + Zalman clipon Mic

Monitors: Dell Ultrasharp U2410 IPS (24in) + BenQ XL2410T 120Hz (24in)

Notes:
  • This PC has 2 main purposes. First is a gaming machine and second is a virtual machine host. I can create multiple VM's for network protocol and application testing which I can allocate 4-8 threads each and 3-4GB memory, hence the 16 core CPU instead one better for just gaming.
  • My CPU I can OC all cores to 3.9GHz before thermals get to ~75-80C under Prime95, however I leave it with just XFR enabled because that automatically overclocks the first 4 cores to 4.2GHz, which is better for just gaming.
  • My 3TB is disconnected because when I bought my Mobo I thought it would have 8 SATA ports and it only had 6 -__-. Need a PCie SATA Card.
  • Next upgrades are the monitors. I am waiting for the Acer Predator X27 to be release early next year :). The other upgrade planning is the primary SSD which I am looking at the Samsung 960 PRO M.2 drives

That looks like a pretty good PC and I must say I was tempted by the Threadripper but then i relised just gaming on it would be a waste lol.

As for the water loop its not really hard to drain and i thought of that when building it as the Mayhems pastel coolent is recomended to be replaced at around 6 months,  to make it easier to fill and bleed I have a fill port that goes through the top of the case and as you can see in the pic I have a drain tube at the very bottom of the loop that goes to the basment of the case that has a tap on it, So if i want to drain it i just take of the back panel lossen the fill port at the top then open the tap at the drain tube and it drains the system with no mess in a few seconds.
MultiMedia / Re: It's my brithday again!
« Last post by Taipan™ on November 18, 2017, 08:12:41 AM »
Happy birthday for earlier this week :P. Close enough
« Last post by Taipan™ on November 18, 2017, 07:59:48 AM »
Guess I will post my rig to. I have only had one major upgrade since my old build on Page 18. Haha also found my old old rig on page 7.

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16 Core (XFR Enabled)
Mobo: ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080Ti AORUS Xtreme Edition (OC 2050Mhz Core; 12000MHz Memory)
Storage (Primary): OCZ 500GB SSD
Storage (Secondaries): 2x4TB WD Black + 1x3GB Seagate (Currently disconnected) + 3x2TB WD Black
PSU: Corsair HX1000 1000W Platinum Modular Power Supply
Case: Lian Li PC-X2000
Sound: ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Networking: ASUS PCE-AC88 AC3100 Wireless Adaptor
Cooling: Corsair 115i CPU Cooler + 4x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm PWM Fans (3 intake 1 exhaust)

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth 2016 Mech Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Razer Mamba Tournament Edition Chroma RGB Laser Gaming Mouse
Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT770Pro 32ohm + Zalman clipon Mic

Monitors: Dell Ultrasharp U2410 IPS (24in) + BenQ XL2410T 120Hz (24in)

Notes:
  • This PC has 2 main purposes. First is a gaming machine and second is a virtual machine host. I can create multiple VM's for network protocol and application testing which I can allocate 4-8 threads each and 3-4GB memory, hence the 16 core CPU instead one better for just gaming.
  • My CPU I can OC all cores to 3.9GHz before thermals get to ~75-80C under Prime95, however I leave it with just XFR enabled because that automatically overclocks the first 4 cores to 4.2GHz, which is better for just gaming.
  • My 3TB is disconnected because when I bought my Mobo I thought it would have 8 SATA ports and it only had 6 -__-. Need a PCie SATA Card.
  • Next upgrades are the monitors. I am waiting for the Acer Predator X27 to be release early next year :). The other upgrade planning is the primary SSD which I am looking at the Samsung 960 PRO M.2 drives
« Last post by Taipan™ on November 18, 2017, 07:04:55 AM »
I am getting older now. Seems like forever when BFM was a big part of my life :P.

I still hate LED's on computers. I even tape any lights so I cant see them and haven't plugged in the Power LED pins. Prefer my PC a silent box
MultiMedia / It's my brithday again!
« Last post by BFM_JANE on November 13, 2017, 05:03:36 PM »

Here's a video of me "celebrating" another year   

« Last post by BFM_JANE on November 09, 2017, 05:22:04 PM »

You sound like an old man, Taipan.  I drain full loops for the fun of it. I have a water cooling loop just sitting on the desk, not even attached to anything. Drained twice today. Loved it.

:evil:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10