Print 

Author Topic: Mind-share  (Read 13673 times)

Offline BFM_Fénix

• BFM Admin
  • I shall be reborn from the ashes
Re: Mind-share
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 08:01:28 AM »
Well, it is obvious each study reports different amount of sleep. Pretty much as metabolism, the process of sleep differs. I need around 7 hours of sleep for a normal rest, being 7.5 the best (empirically proven). It's all about the amount of energy you use throughout the day, your body's condition (i.e. illness) and how fast can your body replenish itself (teenagers are under the effect of lots of hormones, increasing the biochemical processes and, in consequence, affecting the sleep). It's your own little world after all...
2000th member of the BFM forums.
According to Hlao, and Hlao's word is law.

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
Re: Mind-share
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2011, 05:19:47 PM »
I always feel sleepy when I'm at work.  But it's not normally because I don't get enough sleep (being in college and waking up at 5:30am every day??????), it's more because my posture is horrible (my work is simple - sit down and watch others do their work).  Having my body slouched on a swivel stool causes my back to fold like an accordian and cut off my circulation, causing me to yawn and nod off.

Since I'm on the subject, your spinal cord is key for several parts of your body and bodily functions.  Slouching at work or in a chair can do more than just stress your back.  Things like your appetite, immune system, and reflexes are connected to your spinal cord and having bad posture will affect these areas.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Print