Print 

Author Topic: Music from iPod to iTunes.  (Read 19959 times)

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
Re: Music from iPod to iTunes.
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2008, 09:09:11 PM »
PFF. Hasn't anyone here ever heard of *********:cop:

Fix'd.

Zom Lavacano. Why you have to go and bring back the memory of my nooby post...  :doh:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 06:03:54 PM by BFM_Hydra »

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 03:05:08 PM »
PFF. Hasn't anyone here ever heard of ********?  :cop:

I only use ******** if I can't find what I'm looking for on Itunes, and I immediately get rid of any of the copies that I have of the song that are not on my Ipod or Itunes   :shobon:

I would be very careful with trading programs like ********.  The RIAA has recently stepped up and is handing fines out to people who have illegal copies of music.  Buying the music (via iTunes, CDs, Amazon, etc.) is okay and very legit, it's when you trade it to other people that it becomes illegal.  You can be fined up to $100 per song, and the average out-of-court settlement (before it gets to court) is around $3-4k.  Already 5 people at my university have been fined.

My university has a contract with Ruckus, which is a free-download music company.  What makes it safe is that the music is downloaded in a filetype that only the Ruckus Player can recognize, and is therefore not transferable and near impossible to trade.  This was made as an alternative from ******** so that you don't get busted by the RIAA.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:09:00 AM by BFM_Hydra »
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline Rypto

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 05:30:45 PM »
I use a software called iDump. It automatically takes all the music from your iPod, copies them to your computer safely and in an organized manner, and adds all of the songs to your iTunes library as well!

Offline BFM_LËÕ

• Sergeant
  • Brohoof
    • My Sigs
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 08:02:16 AM »
PFF. Hasn't anyone here ever heard of *******?  :cop:

all p2p programs are more hazardous than any thing else
i like to put it this way
a new song = $0
a new game = $0
a new pc = $1000
your old pc = worthless... :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:09:15 AM by BFM_Hydra »
There is no Them. There are only facets of Us.

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 06:03:28 PM »
This talk of illegal downloading programs will stop IMMEDIATELY please...It was ok when it was mentioned and then killed with the posts about it being hazardous but we don't want to bring it up again as the negatives have already been discussed. I have removed the name of the program, as BFM does not condone such illegal behaviour.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2008, 12:47:10 PM »
Point taken.

But just for reference, that program is not illegal, in fact it is a very legit program.  It is a program that trades files between users, much like email attachments.  It's what people trade that sometimes cause themselves to dig a deep hole.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2008, 02:15:18 PM »
Can we let this sink back to the depths where it belongs please?

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2008, 03:26:56 PM »
I don't know what all is between my first post and this one, but this thread helped me a lot. I thought all my tunes were gone and was really bummed about it for a few months.

Offline Tåndêm

• Senior Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2008, 06:26:03 PM »
Lock?

We have the info here now...have had it for a long time.
Congratulations!
If you see this signature on a recent post, you've spotted an elusive Tåndêm!
You are not eligible for an award because I have no money, however you are free to have bragging rights.

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2008, 11:42:55 PM »
It's best to keep this thread open for those who follow my method and have questions on that.
~Former BFM Sergeant ~
~ Arrived 20/08/2007 - 23/11/2009 Departed... ~

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2010, 10:51:09 PM »
Wow, this thread... old memories...

*snaps out of nostalgia feeling*

Ahem, anyway. You can also make backups of your music on CD-R disks, if you like doing things old-school that is. I had to transfer 250+ songs from my dads computer (where all my music originally was) to my laptop, where it now resides. Keep in mind that the more music you have the more blank disks you will need. Of the 250+ songs I had I used two CD-R disks.

Print