Print 

Author Topic: Skyrim (The time is here!)  (Read 42193 times)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: Skyrim (The time is here!)
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2011, 11:17:51 PM »

Wow.

I just spent a very engaging and exciting 15-/20-odd minutes in my toughest raging battle yet: The "Containment" quest in the College of Winterhold quest series.

As if it wasn't bad enough being attacked by those dozen-odd Ice Wraiths, I had a Frost Dragon there AT THE SAME TIME! (Anyone else that does that quest please let me know if that's "normal" for that quest, because if it is, it's a DOOZIE!)

Despite the help from the two college mages the wraiths killed my steed ("Frost," which I got from another quest) in the heated battle.... :'(

First time I've ever had to use potions to refill my Magika, too! (And mine regen's at 125%+....  :o )

*edit* Oh yaaaah!  Lookit who's Archmage of the college NOW!   :yesyes:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 03:34:03 AM by MrMxyzptlk »
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 05:15:13 AM »
Spent 4 hours playing it yesterday... Then I passed out. I had done the early shift on 2 hours sleep so...  But hey putting the game as priority over sleep just puts it into perspective!, BUY THE GAME.  :LOL:

I took on Mxy's idea of storage places. For now i just have the one at the Riverside hotel place. That one chest is a valuable chest lol.

I keep killing my horses... What, so theyre not warthogs. But its burning holes in the pocket!

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 06:48:08 AM »
I just started playing Skyrim yesterday.  Bethesda used a similar engine as Fallout 3/NV (one of my favorite games) so Skyrim felt very familiar.  I recognized some of the recycled audio from Fallout too  :LOL:

I did not know the skill of the mobs though, so I picked a fight with a mammoth at level 4 and had to kite it around for about 5 minutes shooting arrows back at it.

Edit:  They aren't joking when they say 7,000 steps...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:51:40 AM by BFM_Lucky »

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 08:56:59 AM »
I just started playing Skyrim yesterday.  Bethesda used a similar engine as Fallout 3/NV (one of my favorite games) so Skyrim felt very familiar.  I recognized some of the recycled audio from Fallout too  :LOL:

I did not know the skill of the mobs though, so I picked a fight with a mammoth at level 4 and had to kite it around for about 5 minutes shooting arrows back at it.

Edit:  They aren't joking when they say 7,000 steps...

Nope they are not. Although I'm level 15 and finally got around to running up them :P

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 09:38:02 AM »
I defo need to look for more side-quests.  I'm done getting the horn for the Graybeards and I'm only level 6 because I've rushed the main questline so much.

Offline BFM_Skedog

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 12:39:38 PM »

Wow.

I just spent a very engaging and exciting 15-/20-odd minutes in my toughest raging battle yet: The "Containment" quest in the College of Winterhold quest series.

As if it wasn't bad enough being attacked by those dozen-odd Ice Wraiths, I had a Frost Dragon there AT THE SAME TIME! (Anyone else that does that quest please let me know if that's "normal" for that quest, because if it is, it's a DOOZIE!)

Despite the help from the two college mages the wraiths killed my steed ("Frost," which I got from another quest) in the heated battle.... :'(

First time I've ever had to use potions to refill my Magika, too! (And mine regen's at 125%+....  :o )

*edit* Oh yaaaah!  Lookit who's Archmage of the college NOW!   :yesyes:

Oh lucky you. No, I was not fortunate enough to have the Dragon there at the same time, thank goodness. It was quite a tough little battle, and its awesome being Arch-Mage huh? :yesyes:

By priceslaytonv at 2011-03-05

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a few seconds, set him on FIRE and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

A GREAT leader has the ability to combine knowledge, passion, caring, and wisdom into a focused energy that perpetuates the desire to do GREAT in those who are following.

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 06:37:46 PM »
One word. Wabberjack. :)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2011, 07:20:11 PM »
Spent 4 hours playing it yesterday... Then I passed out. I had done the early shift on 2 hours sleep so...  But hey putting the game as priority over sleep just puts it into perspective!, BUY THE GAME.  :LOL:

I took on Mxy's idea of storage places. For now i just have the one at the Riverside hotel place. That one chest is a valuable chest lol.

I keep killing my horses... What, so theyre not warthogs. But its burning holes in the pocket!

I just noticed the text in red: One of the notes that appear at game start warn players against storing stuff anywhere but in their owned houses, as items stored otherwise are NOT necessarily going to be there later....  :o

::)

(This is why I store it all in my HOUSE (Breezehome.)  (Also, I don't store stuff in my other houses, since that makes finding things later nigh-on impossible!)

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2011, 07:29:46 PM »
That takes me back to Fallout 3...  When I had about 2 tons of stuff in one locker next to my door in my Megaton house <3

Haven't gotten to play Skyrim much this week, I'll pretty much be playing it all weekend though.  I'll have an update then.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »

Yes: Patch v1.2 has been released....

However:

The official PS3 Skyrim forum is reporting that every type of resistance is no longer recognized in the new 1.2 patch
"Magic resistance, elemental resistance, and poison resistance simply don't happen anymore. Your mage with 85% magic resist has 0%. Your Nord that has 50% frost resist now has 0. Your vampire that's supposed to be immune to poison can get poisoned.
Apparently true for NPCs and creatures, too. You can kill a Flame Atronach with fire now."

* PC players: Turn off auto-update in Steam by right clicking Skyrim properties>update tab>do not automatically update game. *

If you saved your game with the 1.2 patch; deleting it will not help. It will require the patch for it to load up.  (I.e. If you've installed the 1.2 patch, you're stuck with it now....)

Bethesda is aware of the problem

Among other problems, apparently....

P.S. This is why I wait and get patches a looong time after the first release of (virtually any) software I use, and also why I do NOT allow ANY "automatic" changes to my system, ever. (Once I've done a regular full backup I manually activate updates and downloads, checking them all before installing them....)

« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:51:40 PM by MrMxyzptlk »

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2011, 09:51:25 PM »

Hey, Loqii: It's all about the preparation, right??

:winkgrin:

Also...: Folks, check out this hilarious dragon Thu'um video

P.S. I prefer to gather lot's o' goodies before enchanting stuff, and I've been filling soul stones all along, as well. (I have a chest that's nothing but soul stones!  :o )

Offline BFM_Xtr3me

• BFM Admin
  • Without me, it's just aweso.
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2011, 10:19:47 PM »
i just saw that video and i am really sad now because the graphics are soo much better on the pc :'(
(though if i had a hd tv, graphics might look 1/2 decent ;p)

Xtr3me's Timeline in BFM
01/Jul/10 - First attempt at recruitment
07/Nov/10 - Second attempt at recruitment ;D
19/Dec/10 - Given Vent
30/Jan/11 - Given Little Tags
13/Mar/11 - Given Big Tags
26/Aug/11 - Promoted to Corporal
07/Feb/12 - Promoted to Sergeant
02/Nov/12 - Promoted to Lieutenant

Thankyou Lucky and Slayton

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2011, 10:09:39 AM »
In one side quest in Riften I had to collect debts, someone wouldn't pay. So instead of going to the guy who they owed money to get info to hold against them (i.e break their prised urn to make them pay), i killed him, but managed to get away!  But couldn't finish the side quest as a result. (i didnt want some side quest listed for the duration of the game that i couldn't even complete).

So I had hit level 14 but because of the above have had to back track on my saves to level 11 so I could get this quest it done right.

Im looking after my horses better now... But its so fun to glide off cliff edges.  ;D

Offline BFM_Xtr3me

• BFM Admin
  • Without me, it's just aweso.
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2011, 08:05:27 PM »
lowkey, i think that is the reason i am up to about 500 saves xd

I am in the process of collecting the dragon claw's as I love the look of them ;p

Xtr3me's Timeline in BFM
01/Jul/10 - First attempt at recruitment
07/Nov/10 - Second attempt at recruitment ;D
19/Dec/10 - Given Vent
30/Jan/11 - Given Little Tags
13/Mar/11 - Given Big Tags
26/Aug/11 - Promoted to Corporal
07/Feb/12 - Promoted to Sergeant
02/Nov/12 - Promoted to Lieutenant

Thankyou Lucky and Slayton

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2011, 09:53:38 PM »
lowkey, i think that is the reason i am up to about 500 saves xd

I am in the process of collecting the dragon claw's as I love the look of them ;p

Use F5 - quicksave!!! :P

Print