Print 

Author Topic: Branching off to modern warfare2  (Read 3052 times)

Offline anokkona

• Newbie Poster
  • haha
Branching off to modern warfare2
« on: December 26, 2009, 05:42:31 PM »
Is BFM going to do that?

TY TO MiG

TY TO Terra

Offline Danger

• Junior Poster
Re: Branching off to modern warfare2
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 07:11:56 PM »
Not responding for BFM here, but it's pretty much impossible for a clan to branch off to mw2, with its lack of dedicated servers, which translates to no personal clan servers, which means no controlled environment with any set of rules.

Offline BFM_ColWlkr

• BFM Admin
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 07:54:45 PM »
Not responding for BFM here, but it's pretty much impossible for a clan to branch off to mw2, with its lack of dedicated servers, which translates to no personal clan servers, which means no controlled environment with any set of rules.

Quite right.

MW2 does not allow dedicated servers, so we would have to find someone who was willing to host from their own computer 24/7.  As almost all Internet providers have a 'no server' clause for residential/personal high-speed accounts, it would cost a small fortune to get a 'dedicated server' that would go around Infinity Ward's multiplayer setup in MW2.

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 02:43:42 AM »
col walker beat me to it. I didn't look for reponses lol (its 4.45AM leave me be!) :P

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 02:46:59 AM »
Our first plan was to go to Modern Warfare2 and be ahead of the game. Once we found out there werent using dedicated servers that we could control, we decided not to go in this direction and to move in the direction of COD4. So far it has proven to be a good move for BFM and its members.

Offline anokkona

• Newbie Poster
  • haha
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 11:20:58 AM »
thanks elvis

TY TO MiG

TY TO Terra

Print