Print 

Author Topic: Gears of War 3  (Read 9747 times)

Offline -Ajax-

• Junior Poster
Re: Gears of War 3
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 01:47:37 PM »
And when i said Stroud, i ment Major Stroud, Anys's mom

I don't know but i expect not...

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 09:09:08 PM »
May buy it. I'm more of a Battlefield kinda guy :P Watched someone playing the Beta and it looked pretty mad. ;D

Offline -Ajax-

• Junior Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 02:15:05 PM »
I probably should have mentioned the GoW 3 Beta is running NOW up until the 15th May...
If you have Bulletstorm then you can get a code from somewhere, (i don't know the specifics unfortunately) or you can get a code by pre-ordering GoW 3 which will give you the Beta access for the remainder of its time online :)

i don't know about you... but I'm going to go buy a new game tomorrow ;D

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 07:10:01 AM »
CHAINZSAWZ....

Offline -Ajax-

• Junior Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 03:57:22 AM »
MORE GEARS NEWS

- New playable characters are Samantha Byrne, Anya Stroud, Bernadette Mataki, Jace Stratton and Griffin (who is one of the many Stranded still around).
- You may remember the Characters Carmine from Gears 1 and 2: there's another one!! Clayton Carmine appears in Gears 3 and there was a massive vote to decide whether he lived or died in this series... (unknown outcome lol)

A synopsis of the game: Eighteen months after the fall of Jacinto, the Gears have moved to the island of Vectes and are living aboard a converted aircraft carrier called the Raven's Nest. The Cog has disbanded and the imulsion that powered Sera's cities has infected and mutated members of the Locust, causing them to become Lambent. The Lambent are evolving into a new enemy that threatens both the Locust and humanity. The Stranded also live on the island along with other survivors from E-Day.

Oh and Tanxs1: there's more to Gears than "CHAINZSAWZ", there are shotguns too  :siderofl:

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2011, 04:09:04 AM »
:D

I've neva played GoW. When it comes out, I'll look on a few youtube vids and see if I want it :).

CHAINSAWZ, SHOTGUNZ, CHAINSAWZ, SHOTGUNZ....

:zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

Offline OBOLeader

• Regular Poster
  • Established thread killer
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 08:01:44 PM »
BEFORE you get the third, i highly recommend you play the first and second, as i am almost postive, you WILL be a bit lost in the GoW 3 Story..

and W00t, Mataki! I know her from the book! Great sniper. :yesyes:

Also, if the mulit is anything like the others, CHAINSAWZ arent the most effective method of killing opponents, go for SHOTGUNZ, look at GoW 2 vids to see what i mean

And i hope carmine lives THIS time...
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/NewTooru/
Discord: Tooru#1375
Battle Net: Tooru#11787

Offline -Ajax-

• Junior Poster
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 03:14:38 AM »
Also, if the mulit is anything like the others, CHAINSAWZ arent the most effective method of killing opponents, go for SHOTGUNZ, look at GoW 2 vids to see what i mean

And i hope carmine lives THIS time...

I have to agree with the shotguns in Multi Player, the Gnasher is quite effective up to about 15 metres, but then you still need a lancer or hammerburst for the longer range. Or maybe a torque bow... or digger launcher... or boomshot... or mortar. So many people got annoyed when i had the mortar  d_b
In all fairness (taking into account the new Double Barreled Shotgun, i'd still take the Gnasher due to clip size, quick reload and the D.B. Shot is only effective if you are standing next to someone, then again they canboth be one hit kills, and if you miss with the D.B you have no chance of shooting again before you get dead

And good call saying to get the others :) i've been playing them both lately (mostly Gears 2) without recapping from Gears 1 so i'm getting myself confused with the storyline  ;D

Oh... and let Carmine live!!! This Carmine looks cool compared to the others lol

Offline OBOLeader

• Regular Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 10:00:40 AM »
Even for short to medium, the shotgun is my choice of weapon. For longer ranges. i'll take a sniper. BOOM Headshot!

Thought i should point out that for the D.B. Shotgun, if the reload time is as short as i beleive it is, either melee your opponent or jump out of the way before they shoot you to a pulp

Offline -Ajax-

• Junior Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 11:02:12 AM »
Even for short to medium, the shotgun is my choice of weapon. For longer ranges. i'll take a sniper. BOOM Headshot!
Thought i should point out that for the D.B. Shotgun, if the reload time is as short as i beleive it is, either melee your opponent or jump out of the way before they shoot you to a pulp

I have to agree with the sniper tactic, but i also recommend the new digger launcher :) which can get some lovely multi-kills

The D.B. Shotgun reload time is literally 5 seconds and it only has a one shot capacity... so i'm sticking with the Gnasher which to be honest has been a very good weapon through all the Gears games

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 04:05:32 AM »
I might get it :D

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline -Ajax-

• Junior Poster
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2011, 09:19:45 AM »
Does it still have old horde from GoW2 though?

Yes there is Horde Mode!! :)

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
  • Passive but NOT aggresive
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 08:15:21 AM »
Does it still have old horde from GoW2 though?

Yes there is Horde Mode!! :)

:DDDDD

Offline OBOLeader

• Regular Poster
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2011, 09:32:42 AM »
W00T! I was going to be very mad if they took our horde, even with beast mode something tells me being a ticker would take some getting used to.. as i always hit em and shoot em out of the air with pistol.. SO much fun! :siderofl:

Offline -Ajax-

• Junior Poster
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2011, 01:43:30 AM »
The good thing is after a while playing Beast Mode, because it is "class" based, you can play as a BESERKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Print