Print 

Author Topic: Halo Racing nights @ Wednesdays & Saturdays - 8PM CST (info inside)  (Read 73839 times)

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, July 1st - 8PM CST
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2017, 11:43:29 PM »
07/01/2017 Report: Glad to have BFM_Dstroyer join in on the fun today. Good to see the BFMers and veteran racers all having a challenging race. Had some players from non-rules based servers too, which at times made a mess, but that is what it is. The turnout is slowly growing. A couple months ago, I would not have thought that we would be able to even hold races every other week. Now we have races once a week. How cool is that?  ;D

However, it takes considerable effort to keep this up. We need more support from our fellow clan members. For a clan with over a hundred members, some of you attending once in a while would help immensely. Since the forums doesn't have the reach to all the members like it had in the past, please help spread the word via any way possible about Halo Racing Nights on BFM servers every Saturday.  :)
[img

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, July 15th - 8PM CST
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2017, 05:00:28 AM »
I updated the topic a little bit. Keep showing up guys ;D

Offline BFM_Invert

• Major
  • The best laps are finished upside-down! ( Tx fuse)
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, June 24th - 8PM CST
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2017, 03:31:09 PM »
06/24/2017 Report: Belated apologies to Bob Marley, Justatarget, and others during a competitive race that night. I developed a bad habit of spam-nading and getting unnecessary kills while on foot. I can attribute it to playing on race servers where slayer is typically the priority. It's not an excuse, but please let me know if I continue being a nuisance.

Otherwise, the turnout Saturday was good. Continuing on a weekly basis gives more members and guests a better chance to race competitively once again on our awesome servers. Though, I still can't figure out why Invert and Ben1 chose a chain hog instead of rocket hog at the start of Sidewinder.  ;D

For everyone frequenting this forum, please help spread the word that we plan on racing every Saturday. It's always more fun when we have more racers. Thanks for everyone's time.

I've been racing a lot in Lickity's server on Friday evenings.  As many of you may know the server has been modified so no matter what hog your in, it's a rocket hog.  It was an honest mistake.  I just have to remember which server I'm in.  And Ben1 followed me because he recognizes talent when he sees it.    ;D

Time is free, but it's priceless.  You can't ownit, but you can use it.  You can't keep it, but you can spend it.  Once you've lost it you can never get it back.

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, June 24th - 8PM CST
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2017, 04:56:32 PM »
I've been racing a lot in Lickity's server on Friday evenings.  As many of you may know the server has been modified so no matter what hog your in, it's a rocket hog.  It was an honest mistake.  I just have to remember which server I'm in.  And Ben1 followed me because he recognizes talent when he sees it.    ;D

I must admit, we nearly lost because we were simply blinded by your awesomeness. However, Bob didn't have a problem though.  :winkgrin:

Hahaha, I remember that, I was right behind them.  They got lit up that game too :).

[img

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, July 15th - 8PM CST
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2017, 11:13:04 AM »
I can see how you made the mistake, was game over right when you stepped on that gas tho ;).

Another fun Saturday racing, let's keep it up!!

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, July 29th - 8PM CST
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2017, 05:24:58 PM »
How is this looking for a weekly basis in August? For me, it is vacation time but how about y'all? Still looking to race in August or do we put it on hold? Or back to the bi-weekly?

Thanks.

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, August 5th - 8PM CST
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2017, 09:54:05 AM »
A lil bump here. I prob won't be around during August so I've put all the dates in there. We also have a cool announcement on the forum banner, that looks cool!

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2017, 01:57:16 PM »
A lil bump here. I prob won't be around during August so I've put all the dates in there. We also have a cool announcement on the forum banner, that looks cool!

Thanks to Jane for the banner.  :yesyes: We need everyone's support to keep this going. Attendance has been dwindling the last few sessions so please attend whenever you can spare some time.
[img

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2017, 04:18:20 PM »
It's been fun, I'll be there.

Boredom... After you and invert left, Shaft and Navyhawk came in right after and stayed awhile.

Let's keep it going weekly!!

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, August 19th - 8PM CST
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2017, 10:27:03 PM »
08/19/2017 Report: A really competitive racing night with the addition of Superhawk and NavyJayhawk. Haven't seen them in a while so I hope they can join in on a regular basis. It was great fun playing aside from the fact that I was dead last in every map for almost the whole night. There were some conflicts and frustration among the veteran racers about us not being aggressive enough in kicking certain players. From my point of view, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt when kills are disputed in the heat of battle. It's only if it occurs continuously or blatantly that I will exercise the kick/ban tool. We all know by now about how the races should be run on our servers. If there is a need for discussion about a particular event during a race, please bring it up on the forums or pm one of us. Please don't open up a discussion right in the middle of a race.
[img

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2017, 09:51:15 AM »
Fun night, a lot of known names showed up.  Hopefully another good night this Saturday.

Same night as the fight tho.

Ps Boredom, don't think I forgot about that hog camp on Ice Fields.  Payback coming.

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2017, 11:53:09 AM »
Fun night, a lot of known names showed up.  Hopefully another good night this Saturday.

Same night as the fight tho.

Ps Boredom, don't think I forgot about that hog camp on Ice Fields.  Payback coming.

If I recall properly, we were loaded on the bridge and moving in your direction. It helped that you stayed stationary for once. If not, well... bring it on. :toughguy:

Btw, realistically that fight should not last long. In addition, an overabundance of fake marketing hype coupled with an extreme money making activity usually results in a major crowd disappointment.  2c
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 12:07:53 PM by BFM_Boredom »
[img

Offline BFM_Ğragons

• BFM Admin
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, September 9th - 8PM CST
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2017, 10:46:49 AM »
Are these nights on a private server? or one of the regular BFM servers?
going to try and make an appearance this Saturday

Thanks to  bfm_Dusaro For The Sig!

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2017, 11:21:41 AM »
Are these nights on a private server? or one of the regular BFM servers?
going to try and make an appearance this Saturday

Regular server! Guests are more than welcome to show up and they surely have ;D We usually use server #2 though (hopefully we get the additional powers we've been asking hehe). If you want to get the BFM only Discord server you need to get an invite here: Never mind you already have!!
Good to see ya bud! Always exciting to see another BFM member show up :yesyes:

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2017, 03:24:16 PM »
WB Dragons!!!

These halo race night have been getting bigger!!

Pumped for Saturday,  see ya all there

Print