Print 

Author Topic: Runescape!!  (Read 458437 times)

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
Re: Runescape!!
« Reply #2370 on: February 18, 2013, 10:30:36 PM »
I unsubbed last month but I resubscribed just to vote. :)

+1.  Sort of.

Cancelled membership, about 4 days before that poll went up...  after slightly over 8 yrs of membership (1 year free to play), thanks to EOC.  Membership expires on Feb 28th... we'll see if they get my recurring payment.  ::)

Interested to see what happens, but I will not be forking over 15 bucks (or more) to play an outdated game... as nostalgic as it is.  The first month is free, at least.  They will find their way to get 250k "votes".
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline BFM_SWiFT

• BFM Admin
« Reply #2371 on: February 20, 2013, 06:01:30 PM »
Quote from: Mod MMG
Hello everyone. Sitting with me now I have Mod Pips, Mod Mark & Mod Philip, ready and primed to answer as many of your questions as we can over the next two hours.

Before we start, I wanted to thank everyone for showing their support for Old School RuneScape by registering their votes. I've genuinely been surprised by the incredible passion and support for the return of this service amongst many in the community. The poll page has seen well over 2 million unique visitors already, which is terrific; If only half of those visitors actually voted for Old School Servers rather than the 10% we've seen so far players would have smashed the 750k.

You can see that as of 8:00pm we have over 210,000 votes, this means that I can already confirm we are already working on bringing back the Old School Servers – now we just need to see what level of support you would like us to provide and what the final service fee if any there would to be. Where the vote goes is up to you!

Now for some even bigger news, thanks to a truly herculean effort and much of which is still on-going I want to pledge to open the Old School Servers to all those who have already voted (or intend to do so in the next week before the poll closes) on Friday night! (likely quite late ?). We promised we would give players an option to bring it back and we are following through with that promise. We've literally, been working around the clock to get a version up and running for you. Everyone will start afresh and we are not expecting any roll backs – barring any major technical issues of course.

Remember it's the community that makes a game fun, memorable and truly great, it's not the tech, graphics or environment, so gather your friends and prepare to dust off your old school skills and join the Old School party this Friday.

I very much want to manage expectations, we have pulled out all the stops to do this quickly for you, the service will be rough around the edges, we still have tons of things to do to get it right, but due to the positive response we really wanted to bring this to you as soon as humanly possible. Please can I ask everyone to be tolerant and understanding of any challenges we might face together.

Remember: anyone who registers their vote will get their first month of old school RuneScape for free, regardless of the eventual poll outcome.

:D :D :D :D

Offline BFM_SWiFT

• BFM Admin
« Reply #2372 on: February 24, 2013, 09:17:09 PM »
Pretty much having the best time ever on Old School RuneScape.

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #2373 on: February 27, 2013, 05:47:00 PM »
Some1 pay me the membership? :D

Offline BFM_SWiFT

• BFM Admin
« Reply #2374 on: April 09, 2013, 03:20:05 AM »
So does anyone else play Old School RS?

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #2375 on: April 09, 2013, 03:37:25 PM »
I do... do not care for EOC... just bought dbone armor on EOC too before the market collapsed.... thank you Jaggex....

Can find me on oldschool as ChatinNaidoo

Currently working on woodcutting and fletching.

Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD FX4100, Gigabyte 990FXA, G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb 1866, Saphire Radeon 2x512 256bit, Thermaltake Toughguard 850

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #2376 on: April 11, 2013, 06:26:10 AM »
im considering playing again ... how much has the game really changed?

(I most likely will just leveling farming, construction, WCing, fletching, and rune crafting :P )

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #2377 on: April 11, 2013, 12:53:41 PM »
I'm also playing! Add me, the nick is: Le iP3

im considering playing again ... how much has the game really changed?

(I most likely will just leveling farming, construction, WCing, fletching, and rune crafting :P )

Hmm everything! This is the real Runescape... No Godwars, no Bounty Hunters, no overpowered items, no easy stuff and most important no Grand Exchange. You have to start all from scratch though, just like the economy did. I've been playing for a little bit over a month and it has been very enjoyable. The community acts more as a whole as you need to work together to get to the top and not just by yourself. Made some really good friends already. Also a lot of my friends returned to the game which is great (just like I did).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 01:01:11 PM by BFM_Mil »

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
« Reply #2378 on: April 11, 2013, 02:21:54 PM »
I played 07-scape for all of about 5 minutes. I may not have initially been a fan of the EOC but like mostly everyone else, I got used to it.

I may take a bit of a break from it after I get 99 Crafting. Gotta love dem Citadel Looms.

Offline BFM_SWiFT

• BFM Admin
« Reply #2379 on: April 12, 2013, 03:29:30 AM »
Well I'm loving it at the moment. I'm just over 900 total and my combat level is in the mid 60s.

Notable quests I've completed so far would be Dragon Slayer, Lost City, Heroes Quest and Monkey Madness.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 08:45:39 AM by BFM_SWiFT »

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #2380 on: April 12, 2013, 09:17:03 AM »
I miss playing my toon ... back when it was with these settings ... I guess I'll try it and start from scratch.

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #2381 on: April 12, 2013, 11:25:12 AM »
I've got... maybe a week of 4~ hours a day at work on this.

Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD FX4100, Gigabyte 990FXA, G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb 1866, Saphire Radeon 2x512 256bit, Thermaltake Toughguard 850

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #2382 on: April 13, 2013, 04:30:55 AM »
So today I rediscovered one of the hardest mechanics in all of MMORPG gaming history ... picking my name ...

I'm playing as McAgent. Level 3, yo!

I also noticed they do not have Barrows armor. I thought that was pre 2007 ... I loved doing Barrows! :(
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:58:58 AM by BFM_MiG »

Offline BFM_SWiFT

• BFM Admin
« Reply #2383 on: April 13, 2013, 05:59:52 AM »
They do have Barrows armour. That was pre-2007. Not sure where you got that idea from.

There's no god wars armour/weapons if that's what you mean.

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #2384 on: April 13, 2013, 07:00:45 AM »
This version is from August 2007, Godwars came in September, Grand Exchange in October/November and the Bounty Hunter in December. With just these 3 updates they ruined the game. I have nothing against Godwars but the weapons from it ruined pking... Those Godswords are very overpowered for the items we have now.

Print