Print 

Author Topic: Skyrim (The time is here!)  (Read 44199 times)

Offline BFM_Xtr3me

• BFM Admin
  • Without me, it's just aweso.
Re: Skyrim (The time is here!)
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2011, 12:10:35 AM »
lowkey, i think that is the reason i am up to about 500 saves xd

I am in the process of collecting the dragon claw's as I love the look of them ;p

Use F5 - quicksave!!! :P

360 has a quick save?
anyway, i am paranoid about missing content hence the reason i will make new saves and eventually delete them ;p

Xtr3me's Timeline in BFM
01/Jul/10 - First attempt at recruitment
07/Nov/10 - Second attempt at recruitment ;D
19/Dec/10 - Given Vent
30/Jan/11 - Given Little Tags
13/Mar/11 - Given Big Tags
26/Aug/11 - Promoted to Corporal
07/Feb/12 - Promoted to Sergeant
02/Nov/12 - Promoted to Lieutenant

Thankyou Lucky and Slayton

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2011, 01:20:13 AM »
I am in the process of collecting the dragon claw's as I love the look of them ;p

I was going to do this too but then i found out the trade shop in Whiterun had the gold one stolen from them. Being a good boy i gave it back to them after its primary use to open the door you need it for. I could always steal it back i suppose  ;D

Ive got the ruby one still though.

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2011, 01:59:52 AM »
Well Steam just updated Skyrim for me... and now it doesn't boot. That's ok because I didn't want to run around after dragons that fly backwards anyway.

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline BFM_Xtr3me

• BFM Admin
  • Without me, it's just aweso.
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2011, 02:57:12 AM »

I was going to do this too but then i found out the trade shop in Whiterun had the gold one stolen from them. Being a good boy i gave it back to them after its primary use to open the door you need it for. I could always steal it back i suppose  ;D

octane, all you got to do is swipe it, then sell it to a fence, buy it back and the stolen tag is gone ;p

kinda spoiler below i guess

i also found out collecting all the dragon priest masks (plus a wooden one) gets you a secret dragon priest mask,
hello next 4-5 hours of skyrim :)

Xtr3me's Timeline in BFM
01/Jul/10 - First attempt at recruitment
07/Nov/10 - Second attempt at recruitment ;D
19/Dec/10 - Given Vent
30/Jan/11 - Given Little Tags
13/Mar/11 - Given Big Tags
26/Aug/11 - Promoted to Corporal
07/Feb/12 - Promoted to Sergeant
02/Nov/12 - Promoted to Lieutenant

Thankyou Lucky and Slayton

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2011, 03:38:20 AM »
Well Steam just updated Skyrim for me... and now it doesn't boot. That's ok because I didn't want to run around after dragons that fly backwards anyway.

There is a simple fix for this problem I found on the Skyrim forums. If you go into Steam, right click on Skyrim under your library and check the cache for errors it should scan and get it working.

And as of yet... no dragons flying backwards! :)

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2011, 06:48:36 AM »

I was going to do this too but then i found out the trade shop in Whiterun had the gold one stolen from them. Being a good boy i gave it back to them after its primary use to open the door you need it for. I could always steal it back i suppose  ;D

That store is in Riverwood, not Whiterun :]

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2011, 06:54:11 AM »
I'm sad because Alvor (the smith) in Riverwood was killed by a Dragon in my game. :(

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2011, 01:28:35 PM »

Mxy responses to the string of previous posts:

- I'm running my graphics on "Medium," but with a few tweaks to the fade settings (Actor higher, grass lower, and items/objects higher) and I think it looks gorgeous!  (When I tried out different settings before it "permanently" screwed up my graphics, so I did a full re-install and left it at the recommended "Medium" setting, and just tweaked the view distances....)

- All I had to do was to "pick up" (click on) the urn for that quest and the owner of it folded ASAP! (I never had to break anything, but I did have to fight one guy tho, I think....)

- There are a LOT of places that you can "fence" items to remove their "stolen" status! (What I don't like: If you have ONE of several duplicate items that is stolen, they ALL show as stolen in your inventory! You have to take them out one at a time and put them in different containers to see which one is stolen!  :doh: )

- Yeah, I'm on my third horse now....  (WHY DO THEY ATTACK DRAGONS WHEN THEY LAND?!?!) I miss Frost the most.  :'(  Gonna wait until I can keep them safer and get Shadowmere then....

- No NPC in the game that's important to another plot line or quest will ever die, unless you've completed all quests that require them. (Hint: If you know this about some character you can use them to tank for you in a fight!!) I don't think this works for any of the "followers," tho....  ::)

- Um, I'm a "save-monger." I'm up to save #1743 right now.  (To avoid the sluggishness that comes from having that many saves "active" I regularly move out all but the most recent 20 into a location on another drive, thus also keeping my "C:" drive nice and clean of those "useless" GB of files....) I pretty much save before opening every new door in a dungeon, or sneak around a corner into a boss's room. Saves are cheap.  Keeping them around and going back when you need to is NOT, though, as it takes a lot more time sometimes. [Note: I also use saves to "mark" piles of stuff that I want to go back to pick up in dungeons. (Remember: I CLEAN OUT EVERY DUNGEON!....)]

How do I "mark" stuff, you ask?: I do a save of my character looking at the loot, and write down the save #. Then when I have a "break" in the Skyrim action I'll go back (yes, sometimes I have to pull the "save" from my archive, but NBD there) and "go to" that save, find where it is on my map, then go back to my active game state and go there and pick the stuff up!  As a result I own EVERY PIECE OF DWEMER STUFF I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED IN THE GAME.  :o   ... I also have over 300,000 in gold!

- Ya, early on I gave back the Gold Claw as well, not knowing it was a "key...."  But going back and stealing it back was no problem-o, and I can even still do business with those characters!  ;D

- The "mask collection" was also in Oblivion (ES IV).  I'm glad they used it again!

- When an NPC that I "like" or utilize a lot - like my "follower," Lydia - dies, I go back and do that part over.  (Usually this just means telling my follower to "wait" or finding a place further away from everyone else to which I draw the dragon to fight it  ;D )  Once I had learned the Dragonrend shout, killing dragons became much more "manageable!"  :LOL: (FYI: I have 11 more dragon souls than I can use right now!)

Finally: I've just about reached my hoarding goal, so expect an image soon!

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2011, 01:43:54 PM »
Finally, the weekend!  Skyrim and I will be inseparable for the next 48 hours.

Offline BFM_Elkric

• BFM Admin
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2011, 02:51:40 PM »
When I logged in to play Skyrim today I was surprised to see the worst lag I've ever experienced in a game on my computer. I've been running it just fine up until today. The computer seems fine and my other games aren't lagging. I used to run Skyrim on Ultra settings (with the exception of lowering Antialiasing a bit). Sometimes when I felt (more likely imagined) lag in Skyrim, I lowered it to High quality and all (imagined) traces of lag were gone. Now, I cannot run it on Low settings -- it lags just as much.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

It's unplayable.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 02:55:44 PM by BFM_Elkric »

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2011, 06:45:10 PM »
The latest patch caused a few performance problems for some people, while fixing problems for others. If you updated or changed your video drivers that may also have affected the performance. If it was a driver update simply roll back to the previous driver to fix the problem.

Offline BFM_Elkric

• BFM Admin
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2011, 05:24:00 AM »
It's possible it was the patch then if that patch came out not long ago. I will see how it works after the next patch. Thank you for the answers.

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2011, 06:53:27 AM »
After doing the vampire quest in Morthal, I seemed to have caught vampirism.  I wasn't aware of this until it was too late and everyone was attacking me  :LOL:

I worked for about an hour to fix it and then decided to just start a new character because I didn't like my Redguard anyway.  On Saturday morning I started a Archer/Mage Wood Elf hybrid and I'm loving it so much more than just being a melee.  I bumped the difficulty up all the way because things seemed so much easier on the new character.  I'm already level 10 and finding tons of side quests to do that I never noticed before.  I'm in the process of attacking Whiterun to take it over for the Stormcloaks.

Offline Zooka

• Junior Poster
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2011, 11:24:14 AM »
I've been playing Skyrim nonstop, level 81, everything is capped, the legal way :P

-JANE

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2011, 06:10:07 PM »
After doing the vampire quest in Morthal, I seemed to have caught vampirism.  I wasn't aware of this until it was too late and everyone was attacking me  :LOL:

I worked for about an hour to fix it and then decided to just start a new character because I didn't like my Redguard anyway.  On Saturday morning I started a Archer/Mage Wood Elf hybrid and I'm loving it so much more than just being a melee.  I bumped the difficulty up all the way because things seemed so much easier on the new character.  I'm already level 10 and finding tons of side quests to do that I never noticed before.  I'm in the process of attacking Whiterun to take it over for the Stormcloaks.

I am not surprised at all that you found the ranged combat more interesting... or that you needed to bump up the difficulty. The simple fact is that you can kill anything from a range if you know how to go about it. Magic is super powered... especially if you use both hands and make them stumble. It's almost too powerful! (although a welcome change from the previous scrolls where magic was really difficult). The combat system I agree is floaty and definitely so in comparison to a few other RPG games I've played recently.

Print