Print 

Author Topic: COD Server usage  (Read 6430 times)

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is uncertain, Death is not
COD Server usage
« on: June 08, 2011, 09:22:19 AM »
Well guys here is the deal. Our COD server sits empty. I went through a long and diplomatic process of getting everyones info and ideas on how to set it up. I did exactly what everyone said they wanted. Well now it sits empty because even the ones that wanted the changes dont play in it. I dont even play in it and I play COD all the time. Why is this you ask? Well for lack of better words, our rotation and set up is horrible. The fact of the matter is it isnt set up for what most people like. I plan to fix this. I feel bad because my clan has a COD server yet I spend a mojority of the time playing in another clans server.

So here is the plan. I am going to set our server up with a rotation that I think will be popular enough that people will actually play in it. Not just us when we are bored. I am going to make another effort to get the server to be popular. If I am successful than we will do what we need to to keep it going. If I am not successful I am going to recommend to Elvis that we remove the server. He spends alot of money to keep that and other servers going. It just isnt right for him to keep paying if noone will use it. I am sure not everyone will be happy with the changes I will make, but I think in the long run the server will actually be used. I will need all of your help who like playing COD to assist me in actually getting bodies in the server. Of course we do not need to slow our halo adminning but I think with all of us that play COD we can do this. Thank you guys and I will post when changes are made.

BFM_CòóL IS CòóL!!! - Love, MiG

A CòóL ORIGINAL

If life has not scarred you, you have not lived it.

You Have All The Weapons You Need,
Now Fight!!

Ill give you a cookie if you can tell me what that last quote is from!!

Offline BFM_Ben1

• BFM Admin
Re: COD Server usage
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 09:49:40 AM »
Can i post any ideas of maps/gametypes here?
I have cod4 on xbox and like it lots, and im considering
getting it for PC, so i would hopefully be in the server  :yesyes:

Thanks to Spood for this sig!

Awards won:

Aussie Scrims Team dStruct- Season VI Champions
Season 21 Captain Scrims- All Star
Season 21 Captain Scrims- Star Rookie
Season 22 Captain Scrims- MVP
Season 22 Captain Scrims- Most Improved
Season 22 Captain Scrims- All Star

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 10:11:07 AM »
If you want to post some ideas feel free. I already have a plan for it though. I will listen to feedback but I am going to set it up a certain way.

A CòóL ORIGINAL

Now Fight!!

Offline Fraggle

• Posts Too Much
  • Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional!
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 10:21:09 AM »
I'll be honest, the reason I may chose a different server over the BFM one is simply because it may be empty at the time.

I'll always play with you guys over anyone else no matter what the gametype or map, but if there's no one there, I'll be off to see who else is about, or I'll play halo.

I know this isn't exactly constructive, after all I'm making no real usable suggestion. I'm just lending my support to whatever measures will get bodies in the server, because ultimately, that's what I look for when choosing where to play.

Hope your plan works well Cool!
Many thanks to BFM_MiG for the awesometastic siggy!!
Quote from: BFM_JANE
It's just like life! Except with more rockets!

~ӺƦ∂פ₲Ļĕ
Quote from: some random person somewhere
When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin.
It works not because it settles the question for you, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air...

...You suddenly know what you are hoping for!

Offline BFM_Yoda

• BFM Admin
  • Following, still, you, not!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 12:35:34 PM »
Ill help :D and i need to try to stop using the noob tube because i use it way to much and it is becoming the only weapon I'm good with  :LOL: your welcome cool  :P
Started being PR - June 1, 2010
Recieved Vent - July 25, 2010
Little Tags! - September 25, 2010
Primary Training Completed - November 16, 2010
BIG TAGS! - December 9, 2010
Promoted to Corporal - May 8, 2011
Stepped down from Corporal - August 24, 2011
Hung up my Tags - April 30, 2013
Big Tags Again :D - November 4, 2014

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Offline Joel

• Regular Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 06:50:00 PM »
well i got cod4 for xbox but i dont think my computer will be able to run it

ive got  3 gigs of memory and a amd turion dual core processor i know it says 1gb of memory necessary to run it but so did ac 1 and that thing froze completely so any thoughts?

BFM_Enoch: "Joel the Jaguar the juggles jets"

Thanks to -Lostmymind-

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 07:11:51 PM »
Video card but the tech support thread would be better for that question.

A CòóL ORIGINAL

Now Fight!!

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 07:30:04 PM »
Agreed. Got yer back bro go with your choice.

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 08:41:34 PM »
I'm with you Cool, I play a lot of CoD but always in another clan's server.

No Downpour, or Countdown and I'll be happy :D

Offline Infërnö

• Regular Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 06:04:37 AM »
played a few rounds last night, was a little rusty but it was nice chilling with BFM again, looking forward to the next string of people annoyed with my pistol use :P

A-Samson[BxR]

Offline BFM_Yoda

• BFM Admin
  • Following, still, you, not!
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 09:03:50 AM »
played a few rounds last night, was a little rusty but it was nice chilling with BFM again, looking forward to the next string of people annoyed with my pistol use :P

A-Samson[BxR]

yeah you kept killing me  :zoid:
Started being PR - June 1, 2010
Recieved Vent - July 25, 2010
Little Tags! - September 25, 2010
Primary Training Completed - November 16, 2010
BIG TAGS! - December 9, 2010
Promoted to Corporal - May 8, 2011
Stepped down from Corporal - August 24, 2011
Hung up my Tags - April 30, 2013
Big Tags Again :D - November 4, 2014

Offline Ford

• Senior Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 11:07:48 AM »
I play COD all the time.. I'm different, I play 24/7 map TDM's Hardcore. Guessing nobody here would be fond of that :p   =spam?

BFM_»FØRЫ

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 01:51:04 PM »
Well I can tell you there will be no hardcore. It will most likely be a mix of TDM and SD. More SD than tdm. No Grenade Launchers will be allowed. RPG's will still be allowed. I am also entertaining the thought of allowing Claymores on the TDM maps. They might be allowed in the SD maps but I am not sure on that.

A CòóL ORIGINAL

Now Fight!!

Offline Ford

• Senior Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 04:17:42 PM »
I didn't think you would put in hardcore. Personally it is much more realistic and fun for me..don't take about 5 rounds to kill somebody in hardcore.. :P   Was that post actually by cool? I didn't see a Yall in there anywhere...

BFM_»FØRЫ

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 06:56:00 AM »
I will be willing to help :) I love CoD4 and I love playing in the server when there are people in it. Today me and Goalie and a few other played in ti and I had a great time :) I'm still up for the Promod idea? Maybe more than once a week though.

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Print