Print 

Author Topic: Hardest you ever beat halo  (Read 11988 times)

Offline AR~Saltine

• Junior Poster
Re: Hardest you ever beat halo
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 12:03:21 AM »
I did heroic instead of normal my first time. I've never got around to finishing halo on legendary though.

I mostly just click multiplayer

Offline ToMaHaWk

• Regular Poster
  • Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 11:10:48 AM »
I quit playing it on easy when I got to the Flood in the swamp. I thought the Flood was stupid and got angry then quit playing. I decided to pick it up a couple months after to find out I accidentally deleted the profile :doh: Then I tried using the "skip-ahead" thing where you change the information on your profile to jump ahead levels...and it didn't work.

Now I'm letting my sister play her way up to where I was. :P

Offline nd

• Junior Poster
  • Stickman made by Sprite :D
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 02:03:30 PM »
I've never completed it on anything.....

Got to like the third part thingy whatchamacallit on easy.
You’ve got to fight, fight, fight, for FSU
You’ve got to scalp ‘em Seminoles;
You’ve got to win, win, win, win win this game
And roll on down and make those goals
For FSU is on the warpath now,
and at the battle’s end she’s great
So fight, fight, fight, fight to victory,
our Seminoles from Florida State.
F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E
Florida State, Florida State, Florida State, WOOO!

Offline ToMaHaWk

• Regular Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 03:37:08 PM »
Well, I finally mustered up the patience and beat it on easy.

I can't imagine it on anything harder. Not that easy was difficult (I rarely lost my shields unless a combat form came out at me with a rocket launcher :doh: ), but the combat forms of the Flood literally surround you incessantly and I found myself getting meleed a lot by them.

I enjoyed reading the books more though. I felt that the game, while as in-depth as it was, cut a lot off and found itself being very repetitive. At least in the book when the Chief was going through the ten levels of the Flood as he searched for the Index, it just skipped through to the important parts of the mission rather than going through the whole redundant killing...

On a side note: With Halo destroyed, why can't the Flood still live? I mean, the ring only broke apart. It didn't vaporize. I could see a chunk of Halo interacting with another planet and the Flood (who still could live on that broken chunk) could infect the sentient life. I haven't read the Ghosts of Onyx yet nor played Halo 2 or 3 so...I guess I'll just have to find out!

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 06:01:16 PM »
I forget whether the Flood require some form of air to breathe. If they do, Halo being blown to pieces would probably cause the air to leave into the vacuum of space. Not entirely sure, though.
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 06:16:50 PM »
NO, lolz, the flood DIDN'T die! thats the catch! If the Halo was activated, it would have wiped out all life within a 100,00 light years or something, and would trigger the other Halo's, which would do the same. The only thing that can kill flood? Depriving it of food. I COULD go into a detailed piece on what the Forerunners plans were, but the end was: Spartan 117 saved mankind by destroying the Halo ring before it blew, but he also saved the flood. The ring was going to try to triggered by the prophets cuz they thought it was the way they could "accend" to the forrunnners, and live for eternity, but they misread it. The forrunners didn't use the rings to accend, they didn't accend, they.... *yawn* i'm too sleepy to post it here.  :P
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 06:20:02 PM by C.R.U.D »

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2008, 09:39:52 PM »
100,000 light years isn't far - that's only the length of the Milky Way ::)

Well, if you listen to Monty Python's Galaxy Song ::)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 09:44:10 PM by BFM_Hydra »

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2008, 11:16:29 PM »
I got lost (on easy) and never found my way out :D

Offline ToMaHaWk

• Regular Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 07:33:18 AM »
NO, lolz, the flood DIDN'T die! thats the catch! If the Halo was activated, it would have wiped out all life within a 100,00 light years or something, and would trigger the other Halo's, which would do the same. The only thing that can kill flood? Depriving it of food. I COULD go into a detailed piece on what the Forerunners plans were, but the end was: Spartan 117 saved mankind by destroying the Halo ring before it blew, but he also saved the flood. The ring was going to try to triggered by the prophets cuz they thought it was the way they could "accend" to the forrunnners, and live for eternity, but they misread it. The forrunners didn't use the rings to accend, they didn't accend, they.... *yawn* i'm too sleepy to post it here.  :P

Well I knew all of that ('cept the little Forerunner/Prophet bit) from 1) finishing the game and 2) reading the first three books in the series. I was just coming up with a theoretical situation that I feel is reasonable. But boy I have many more questions than I do answers. I guess I just need to read the next book or two then understand the plots in Halo 2 and 3.

On a side note:

Halo's maximum range is 25,000 light years. To equate that to distances....that's about 1/4 the distance across the Milky Way galaxy or about 9 times the width of the Milky Way galaxy.

...and with scientists speculating that there are billions of galaxies in the Universe. Plus they are expanding and growing farther and farther apart because the Universe is expanding itself... That's a LOT of Halos. :P
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 09:29:01 AM by BFM_HaWk »

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 07:41:33 AM »
I THINK there were only seven rings.... right? Maybe i be wrong.  :P

Offline Snake 3-1-3

• Senior Poster
  • Snake 3-1-3
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 10:49:03 PM »
yep ONLY seven!!!!!

lol i love the main control room in the arc in halo 3, you can even see the ring destroyed in there it has a little red side on it

Halo's maximum range is 25,000 light years. To equate that to distances....that's about 1/4 the distance across the Milky Way galaxy or about 9 times the width of the Milky Way galaxy.

now multiply that for seven!

Offline Gryphon

• Regular Poster
  • If you hear the roar, it means it's too late.
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 08:43:16 AM »
I forget whether the Flood require some form of air to breathe. If they do, Halo being blown to pieces would probably cause the air to leave into the vacuum of space. Not entirely sure, though.

Actually, by destroying the ring it forces the flood to fall into the gravity wells of either Threshold or Basis, as the ring was on Legrange 1, it requires active stabilization.

Either way, they burn up on reentry.

Offline Gunner

• Junior Poster
  • When The Rich Wage War It's The Poor Who Die.
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 06:25:48 PM »
in the ghosts of onyx the starting chapters involve the covenant war between brutes and elites mixed in with the flood invading from the 2nd ring and from high charity. the other ring just burnt up very quickly.
"Sir We Are Surrounded!"
"Excellent! Now We Can Attack in any direction!"

Offline Ryuzaki

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2008, 11:13:03 PM »
woot!! i just beat halo on legendary like 30 minutes ago my god was it hard and long i dont even know how many times i died and how many bullets wasted but it was a lot lol finally i beat it! just wanted to share lol

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2008, 05:02:16 AM »
well i beat it on only normal and easy simply because i feel that the campaign is not in my best interest so i just fly through it.  i tried it on legendary and boy did i get frustrated.  i was very angry as well i had to quit!!!
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

Print