Print 

Author Topic: TUTORIAL: How to set up for optimized Halo PC  (Read 18579 times)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: TUTORIAL: How to set up for optimized Halo PC
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 07:41:54 PM »
-screenshot
Allows gamers to take in-game screen shots by pressing the PRINT SCREEN key on their keyboards. Halo will save your screenies sequentially as TGA (targa) files in a Halo\screenshots folder. There is a pause in game play while the shots are saved.

I put that function so I can take Screenies but .tga is an unknown file for my computer,do I need to download something so I can open em?

Argh....

This is one of the reasons I dropped use of the -screenshot directive and I do NOT recommend its use to anyone.

Targa is a proprietary format, so "converters" are few and far between, but they DO exist.

I forgot what I tried to use long ago to convert them, but my advice to you is to take your screenies some other way, like with xfire....

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Tåndêm

• Senior Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 05:27:29 PM »
OR! Or or or or

GIMP saves the day again!

GIMP (alternative to Photoshop) supports Targa (the TGA files) for reading, and editing. So you can use that to convert, and if you want to give another player a mustache beforehand, you can!

P.S. Sorry about the month old necropostage, but it was first page, and thus fair game!
Congratulations!
If you see this signature on a recent post, you've spotted an elusive Tåndêm!
You are not eligible for an award because I have no money, however you are free to have bragging rights.

Offline Filla

• Senior Poster
    • A Racing video I made.
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 12:26:27 PM »
Thanks a lot, only problem I have is when two hogs drive up next to each other and It looks like to you, you flip, or keep bumping into each other very fast so you turn the other way, and that makes you flip, but to everyone else, They didn't get the "Driver lag" I call it. I dont think there is a way to fix it unless you slow down just a bit and let them go in front of you. But this guide helped me a lot, Thanks!  :)

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 01:03:09 PM »

Filla, that's called "proximity lag".  I think that has more to do with the server and the number of players on, especially with higher pings.  Don't think settings will help that.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 02:03:06 PM »

Filla, that's called "proximity lag".  I think that has more to do with the server and the number of players on, especially with higher pings.  Don't think settings will help that.

Correct.

There's nothing that you can do about "proximity lag."

It happens inside the server.

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Sly

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 09:05:26 AM »
Great guide thanks for posting it

Offline BFM_Chaindog

• BFM Admin
  • F☼rum M☼derator
    • Hades Star:  Stargate Corp
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2015, 12:42:48 AM »
:Chaindog:
"May you never cheat, lie, steal, or drink....if you must cheat, cheat death..if you must lie, lie in a loved ones arms...if you must steal, steal kisses...and if you must drink, drink with us yo!"

NOTE:  I've currently returned from serving in various Middle East combat zones.  Wow, just realized how many years I've been hanging with BFM, since near the beginning!  :Chaindog:

Print