Print 

Author Topic: Iso making programs  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
Iso making programs
« on: October 19, 2014, 06:05:31 PM »
Alright, something I've been wanting to do for a while and that is make most of my cd's and turn them into iso files. The reason being is that in a case of which i'm on a comp that has A) no CD drive, or B) one that isnt working. I would prefer a free programs since i am now saving money after buying a new gfx card, for one of the ohio comic cons. What would you guys recommend. Most of my cd/dvds would be games.
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: Iso making programs
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 02:30:48 PM »

Warning: I seem to recall, a long, long time ago I read something about the legality of doing this. There are complications of some sort that exist on a worldwide scale. However, after searching and looking for awhile now I can no longer find said information....

Okay! 'Found it!

'Fact of the matter is that they consider doing this as another instance of the original, especially if the copy is of/in a different format. (The USA seems to be particularly picky on this point, too, BTW....)

FYI: Check your PMs....
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
Re: Iso making programs
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 02:50:00 PM »
Ah i see. my intentions are mainly for backing up of physical copies. mainly because more often then not, my brother likes to leaves cd's/dvd's laying around and they get scratched up. happened to both of my halo cd's but one still works fine. and thanks for the pm. But yeah, its for personal use. but do see how the legality works... Thanks again.
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Print