Print 

Author Topic: New Race level For Custom Edition. It is Assault on Control Room. Interested?  (Read 10180 times)

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
Just thinking about this but... for this specific map, you could possibly break it up into parts. When I was watching the video I instantly thought that if you had the spawn points on opposite sides of the map, much like Danger Canyon, then it might work a bit better for the section that I want to break off.

I want to include the first part by possibly making the bridge a bit wider then creating another bridge that requires a bit more skill but reduces lap time, and then also widening the walkways onto the Beacon, and put a nav at the far end (the end that's closest to the giant hole). You could just close off that giant hole by using one of the walls in the giant corridor.

Throw in some teleporters, a place for a flag ( I'd suggest at the far end of the beacon and the other near the dropship), and a spot for the oddball and there ya go... It's not too big, but also not too cramped.

You'd still need to put a ramp so that you can get back to the dropship from the beacon. Might be able to take one from Danger Canyon and just lower it into the ground? -isn't familiar with HMT- v.v

Just my 2c
Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Oh... and "v.v" = sad face.

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Applied for Recruitment: January 22nd, 2008
Received Vent: March 25th, 2008
Received Lil-tags: May 3rd, 2008
Resigned: May 15th, 2008
Re-Applied: June 16th, 2009
Re-Received Vent: July 25th 2009
Re-Received Lil-Tags: August 24th, 2009
Received Big Tags: October 5th, 2009
Promoted to Corporal: January 30, 2010
Promoted to Sergeant: April 19, 2010
Temp. Resigned: August 6, 2010
Returned: January 29, 2013

Offline Didymus

• Newbie Poster
The other point is that it's a very "linear" track. Might be worth making it smaller, especially if there were to be team races on it - 192 seconds for a lap, and added to the that high likelihood of kills, would make it a very long race.

Not sure how to get round these comments - maybe it's a map that isn't suited for race. But good work and I might be being very pessimistic (it's wouldn't be the first time...).

What I can do is make a script that attaches the spawn point to an invisible object (basically an object that hasn't been rendered yet. Has no collision either) and so as soon as you go through a trigger volume the spawn point then attaches itself to the invisible object which then allows the player to spawn to whatever spawn point they were nearest too, last. 

Lastly, what would you think of the Maw being a race map? I have been trying to make it as a good map but then again it could be just too large? What do you think?

Print