Print 

Author Topic: Halo Racing nights @ Wednesdays & Saturdays - 8PM CST (info inside)  (Read 73660 times)

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, March 31st - 8PM CST
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2018, 07:18:36 AM »
Since there's a lot of old members showing up right now let me just throw a couple of shout outs to a few people that also help a ton with these "Racing nights" (yes, it's not just me).

BFM_Fuzzy - for maintaining our servers!
BFM_JANE - updating the header every week!
BFM_Skedog/Wic - dealing with most of the Discord issues and also being in touch with old members!
BFM_Enigma - also a great help with the Discord server!
BFM_MacAir/Boredom/Invert - Geez, they're in the server every week!

I probably forgot a few but still, thank you!

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2018, 09:46:07 AM »
Thanks all who keep this server going.  It's growing, lil bit, but growing.

Also, I say Invert and Mac have to team up this  Saturday. Become an unstoppable team again :)

Thanks to all again

- Bob

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2018, 02:11:47 PM »
I thought you were updating the header, Mil! I haven't done it in a while, maybe it's Fuzzy...

But I did it a few times, you're all welcome.  /graciousness

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2018, 03:44:20 PM »
I thought you were updating the header, Mil! I haven't done it in a while, maybe it's Fuzzy...

You should've just went along with it! Now I'm going to remove you from the list  :evil: :evil: No but seriously thanks!
Well, I can't do that so my second guess would be Enigma.

Offline BFM_Enigma

• General
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2018, 09:38:46 AM »

You should've just went along with it! Now I'm going to remove you from the list  :evil: :evil: No but seriously thanks!
Well, I can't do that so my second guess would be Enigma.

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2018, 12:27:33 AM »
Wow! Best turnout for Saturday Night Races yet. We had Invert, MacAir, Mil, Mr. Do, Octane, Blitz, Reaper, Cuda, NavyJayHawk , and a complement of awesome guests (some of whom have played on our servers every week for almost 2 years without fail, such as Bob Marley, Clipseur, etc...). Thanks to all involved in making it great (especially those working in the background: Fuzzy, Jane, Wic, Skedog, Enigma).   Please forgive me if I left anyone out. Let's keep this up. Before long, the second server will be full as well and the credit list will be even longer  :yesyes:
[img

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, May 26th - 8PM CST
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2018, 09:08:52 AM »
Hope you are all still enjoying these because we're still going strong (even though I haven't been able to show up in a while).

This was just a little bumperino.

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, July 21st - 8PM CST
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2018, 01:49:53 PM »
Mid-Year report:

We are clearly in an uptrend. Veteran race players are making their way back to play on our servers on a continuous basis. Unfortunately some of these players also bring their bad habits from the past with them. In addition, the majority of the new players are of an international (non-English) speaking origin. Adding additional language admin support will definitely add to BFM's longevity. We will eventually need more help with adminning as long as this trend continues. All in all, last night's session was pretty awesome. The majority of the slots were full most of the night. Usually there would be a big drop-off 2-3 hours in. There were still 6 players racing when I left at almost the 4 hour mark. If we have more tags help out, I'm sure the sessions would be extended. 

If 343 Industries ever brings the Halo Master Collection or newer Halo titles over to the Win 10 platform, we should be in a good position for a BFM revival.

Where in the world is Mil?  ;D
[img

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2018, 05:23:40 PM »
Mil was celebrating his anniversary!! ;D I'm glad this is still going strong after 1 year and a half! Seriously, this is mostly because you are all here every week! :hug:
I'm sorry!! But young Mil with his 26 years of existence still enjoys nightlife a lot. If I'm not too tired I'll still show up at 4AM or 5AM (2-3 hours after the start). But that's not usually the case. If by any chance I stay at home I should show up most of the time. The rest of July and August I won't be at home due to vacation so I'll probably see you all in September :'(
(i'll still be updating these don't worry!)

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2018, 02:58:58 PM »
It's been fun every single week since veterans have been showing up with some compitition.

Thanks for everyone for coming weekly, Mil and all the behind the scenes crew and most of all to Boredom, Mac and Invert fit admining the server, which some points seems like an overload.

Thanks and see ya on tha tracks!!!

Offline BFM_Unka-Dan

• BFM Admin
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, August 4th - 8PM CST
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2018, 04:06:39 PM »
I want to race again  i don't get emails for some reason or should i just check the site once in a while  lol 

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2018, 08:42:01 PM »
I want to race again  i don't get emails for some reason or should i just check the site once in a while  lol

Hey Unka-Dan, good to see you! Well, I have some good news for you, you're in the right place!! We've been racing every week with good turnouts from some of our BFM members and long time guests. So every Saturday night at 8PM CST (next one being on August 4th).
Also, we use Discord now instead of Ventrilo. To get an invite to our Discord server check this thread: http://www.bfmracing.net/forums/index.php?topic=61664.0

PS: I won't be around during August as I'll be going on vacation. Enjoy the races guys and thanks for showing every week :yesyes:

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2018, 07:11:19 PM »
Oh my word. This is actually a thing. I'm so glad I stopped by the forum on a whim, I had kind of assumed everything had passed away into nothingness, this place has so many awesome memories for me. I must find a way to make my way online and actually get some racing in.

/Goes to find a PC and a working copy of Halo

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2018, 08:41:31 PM »
Oh my word. This is actually a thing. I'm so glad I stopped by the forum on a whim, I had kind of assumed everything had passed away into nothingness, this place has so many awesome memories for me. I must find a way to make my way online and actually get some racing in.

/Goes to find a PC and a working copy of Halo

Hey Bowser, great to see ya! :yesyes: For 1 year and a half now, we've been hosting these! It started out slowly but we've established ourselves at that time every week and we now have some consistent turnouts with the races lasting 2-4 hours on average.

PS: The nostalgia will hit you hard!

Offline ËQINÖX

• Regular Poster
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, September 15th - 8PM CST
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2018, 04:02:07 PM »
Just reinstalled halo, is this still a thing ? noticed the server on the list, point of note getting halo to run on windows pro 10 at 1080 is a pain in the butt lol

Print