Print 

Author Topic: Almost perfect  (Read 3328 times)

Offline BFM_Donut

• BFM Admin
    • Carp Without Cars
Almost perfect
« on: July 25, 2009, 07:38:51 PM »
I wanted to share something that just happened to me in Blood Gulch that was almost (but not quite) the most perfect maneuver I've pulled off in a long time.

I'd been killed, and spawned with no hogs, so I was jogging across Blood Gulch on foot (which I seem to end up doing a lot). I was near the middle of the map when an enemy rocket hog overtook me. I missed my first try at sticking them, but the gunner missed me with his first try at blowing me up, so we were even. They were already pretty much past me, but I gave it a try, lobbing a long-range plasma nade where I thought the hog was going to be. Unfortunately, about a half second after I let it go I got plastered by the second shot from the hog's gunner. BOOM.

So I'm lying there looking at my corpse, waiting for the respawn, and thinking, you know, I really think that second nade had a chance. I wonder if I stuck them? And then heard that lovely sound: "PLINK" (or however you write that chime you hear when you injure an opponent). Haha. Got 'em!

But wait: It gets better. I didn't kill either of the people in the hog (must have stuck them in a spot not very close to them). But I respawned a split second later -- and what do I see immediately in front of me, but the hog I just naded, flying through the air, coming right for me. It lands upright, and I see its two occupants heading for it, but guess what? I'm closer. So I hop in and away I go! Moo hoo ha ha ha!

And get about 50 feet away, when another enemy rocket hog whips by, and its gunner nails me. Sigh.

I think if I'd survived long enough to get out of sight of the people I stole the hog from, I could have died happy. As it was, I felt like it was almost, but not quite, the awesomest thing I've done in Halo in a long time. (Though admittedly it was mostly luck.)

Anyway, wanted to share.

Pvt Donut

Offline ÐeviÑ

• Posts Too Much
Re: Almost perfect
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 09:50:00 PM »
I think this should be stickied, and everyone should post their almost perfect maneuvers :)

I was racing on danger canyon, and kept dying, and needed middle nav, so I took the tunnels.  As I fell, my teammate's hog was going over the ramp, so I thought to myself "Why not?" and hit E. Well, I managed to get into the gunner seat of the hog, and maybe get a kill or two, but I ended up missing my nav by just a little bit. It was quite epic, but not exactly perfect :)

Mid-air hog boarding for the win!
Selling FREE PWNkakes™
Former BFM_Devist8 (long ago) and bfm_ÐeviÑ

Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?

Offline Liam

• Senior Poster
  • BOXISM!......... Resistance Is Futile!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 09:58:36 PM »
I think this should be stickied, and everyone should post their almost perfect maneuvers :)

I was racing on danger canyon, and kept dying, and needed middle nav, so I took the tunnels.  As I fell, my teammate's hog was going over the ramp, so I thought to myself "Why not?" and hit E. Well, I managed to get into the gunner seat of the hog, and maybe get a kill or two, but I ended up missing my nav by just a little bit. It was quite epic, but not exactly perfect :)

LOL Devin that was my hog u jumped into........I WAS AMAZED.........lucky timing though. :siderofl:

May 13, 09-Got Halo
Later May, 09- Stumbled onto BFM server, loved it
June 24. 09-Joined Forums
August 9th, 09-Applied to be PR
Sept. 22, 09-Earned Vent Access
Nov. 12, 09-Earned Lil Tags!
Mar. 26, 10-Earned Big Tags!
Jan. 3, 11-Stepped Down from BFM
© LiamFilm™

Offline ÐeviÑ

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 10:01:22 PM »

LOL Devin that was my hog u jumped into........I WAS AMAZED.........lucky timing though. :siderofl:

"Thanks for dropping in" said Liam :P
Selling FREE PWNkakes™
Former BFM_Devist8 (long ago) and bfm_ÐeviÑ

Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?

Offline Nassor

• Junior Poster
  • Two steps forward, one step back
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 11:40:26 PM »
My best one was quite a little time ago... basically a hog was going up the second cliff in blood gulch (the one just before middle nav) and he was going up it from the base side, I was about 10 metres away from the base and decided to go for it and lobed a sticky, got him on the wheel, blew him clean off the cliff and the fall finished him off. :siderofl:
~Nassor~

~Got it covered~

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 06:06:57 AM »
I have a story that I've probably posted two times before but it deems repeating because it was that lucky (since it happened so long ago the details are a little foggy but I'll try to remember most of it for you).

Here's the situation: I'm driving down Danger Canyon in a lone chain hog. I'm being followed by a fully loaded rocket hog, with gunner, passenger, and everything. I just got my blue base nav and was heading towards the middle to get the center nav and head towards red base. The rocket just emptied its clip and it's close enough that I can hear it reloading. As we head towards the ramp I know I'm dead unless I do something, and I figure, what the heck, I'll try to flip them. And so I make my plan.

What happens next happens over a period of 7-8 seconds, and happens a lot better than I could of hoped for :winkgrin:

As I fly over the ramp I start to make my move. As soon as I land on the other side I do a quick 180 and head back towards the jump. I timed it so the hog would land right on me, and flip into the wall and spill all its occupants and I would continue on, trying hard not to kill any of them because it may look like a chase kill. Anyway as soon as I turn around I realize the passenger stuck me, probably on the jump over here. The nade is fizzing in the chain gun area, and must of been there for about 2 seconds already. Since it has a 3 second fuse, I know it'll blow soon.

This is where it gets interesting. :interesting:

My original plan worked, the rocket hog lands right on top of me. The gunner must not of been done reloading yet because he still didn't fire. But the nade finally decides to explode...right when they're on top of me. The force of the nade kills the passenger (So-and-so committed suicide) and shoots the hog towards the wall, so right now I think this is a success. Because the enemy hog was on top of me when the blast occurred, I didn't flip over from the blast and decided to turn around and head for red base. But just then the gunner finally finishes reloading, and, thinking he has a shot, decides to try and shoot me. Not a good idea, because he is facing the rock wall and fires straight into it (Another suicide). The driver must of been the luckiest person in the world, because he lands completely upright, without even falling out after at least 1 barrelroll off of the wall.

So the story ends with me, with 1 bar of health :yesyes:, and a perfectly unharmed driver continuing on to our red base navs. I call that almost perfect don't you? d_b

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 06:20:09 AM »
I saw the title and thought you were talking about me!

Good job :thumbsup:

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline ßlitz

• Junior Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 08:00:28 AM »
The situation that Devin described, I had that happen to me on Death Island a long time ago.

I was in a lone chain hog following a rocket hog, driver and gunner. An enemy spawned at base then ran toward the route we were taking. He tossed a plasma grenade at the hog in front and it stuck. When it exploded it blew the hog straight up. The enemy was headed in the direction of that hog and was right in my path. I ran him over and then the gunner from the first hog landed on my gun.

It was blind luck for him to land right where he did but it was awesome.

Thanks to Neo for this awesome sig!

Offline Marine»

• Regular Poster
  • support our troops!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 08:05:09 AM »
I wanted to share something that just happened to me in Blood Gulch that was almost (but not quite) the most perfect maneuver I've pulled off in a long time.

I'd been killed, and spawned with no hogs, so I was jogging across Blood Gulch on foot (which I seem to end up doing a lot). I was near the middle of the map when an enemy rocket hog overtook me. I missed my first try at sticking them, but the gunner missed me with his first try at blowing me up, so we were even. They were already pretty much past me, but I gave it a try, lobbing a long-range plasma nade where I thought the hog was going to be. Unfortunately, about a half second after I let it go I got plastered by the second shot from the hog's gunner. BOOM.

So I'm lying there looking at my corpse, waiting for the respawn, and thinking, you know, I really think that second nade had a chance. I wonder if I stuck them? And then heard that lovely sound: "PLINK" (or however you write that chime you hear when you injure an opponent). Haha. Got 'em!

But wait: It gets better. I didn't kill either of the people in the hog (must have stuck them in a spot not very close to them). But I respawned a split second later -- and what do I see immediately in front of me, but the hog I just naded, flying through the air, coming right for me. It lands upright, and I see its two occupants heading for it, but guess what? I'm closer. So I hop in and away I go! Moo hoo ha ha ha!

And get about 50 feet away, when another enemy rocket hog whips by, and its gunner nails me. Sigh.

I think if I'd survived long enough to get out of sight of the people I stole the hog from, I could have died happy. As it was, I felt like it was almost, but not quite, the awesomest thing I've done in Halo in a long time. (Though admittedly it was mostly luck.)

Anyway, wanted to share.

Pvt Donut
Thats exactly what i did in blood gulch!!!!! lol weird

Offline Liam

• Senior Poster
  • BOXISM!......... Resistance Is Futile!
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 11:17:47 AM »
I'm no super driver, and my luck is generally bad ;D but I'm proud of once getting a 32 kill streak in ROCKS CTF......ONCE......won't happen again.

As for racing, well once me and Ford jumped in a Rocket hog ( I was gunning) well, that map noone touched us, I came first (b/c of kills) and he came second and we were two laps ahead of everyone else :P that was fun :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 11:31:41 AM by Liam »

May 13, 09-Got Halo
Later May, 09- Stumbled onto BFM server, loved it
June 24. 09-Joined Forums
August 9th, 09-Applied to be PR
Sept. 22, 09-Earned Vent Access
Nov. 12, 09-Earned Lil Tags!
Mar. 26, 10-Earned Big Tags!
Jan. 3, 11-Stepped Down from BFM
© LiamFilm™

Print