Print 

Author Topic: Question about Medals  (Read 2443 times)

Offline Lone WolF

• Newbie Poster
  • If you shine, you die.
Question about Medals
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:19:57 AM »
Whoever made them will you be making more? Also what about making a few metals for lets say 50 kills? For killing anyone that volunteers to put their name in the mix?

Example:

I'm Serious, Stop Following Me!!

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
Re: Question about Medals
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 05:20:17 AM »
Hey Lone Wolf

The medals are awarded based on stats earned while playing COD4 in the BFM COD4 server only, so anyone who plays there is eligible to 'earn' a medal.

I don't think we will be offering more - at least not at this time.  In fact we've removed some of them because it became an issue that players were chasing the medals instead of concentrating on playing the game for objectives (as in Search & Destroy) etc., or they were concentrating on certain weapons to gain medals instead of using more appropriate ones.

We do like the medals to mean something, and to display a proficiency in a particular area or with a particular weapon, so a medal for something like 50 kills would be a little too 'generic' for what we want them to represent, and could promote slayer tactics on maps where slayer is not the goal.

Play in the BFM COD4 server lots and you can earn your way to a medal too!

Hope this helps  :)

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 08:59:05 AM »
If we make medals that anyone can get they're not special anymore.   :clint:

Offline Lone WolF

• Newbie Poster
  • If you shine, you die.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 09:21:40 AM »
You have a point, 25 to 50 kills in 5 minutes without dying? Brainstorming is fun. Not impossible... not probable... I doubt very many would be able to get that, unless the other team was afk or cheating to help you get it..., or if it was a FFA and you was in the zone, maximum luck, and various other superstitions here.

Not sure what would be a possible but difficult number to get. My personal best killstreak is 16 so that one is possible, but most difficult.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:28:15 AM by Lone Wolf »
I'm Serious, Stop Following Me!!

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 06:38:21 PM »
My best killstreak online is 5.

/Random self-appreciation.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Print