Print 

Author Topic: Corrupt map  (Read 4700 times)

Offline starter4ten

• Newbie Poster
Corrupt map
« on: September 28, 2011, 05:44:20 AM »
Hey

This isn't actually a CE mod query but it seemed the best place to add it. I recently had a play at modding a couple of maps in the standard Halo combat evolved, I backed up the originals like a good little boy first and then re arranged some racing navs, added ports etc. As a result I now find that I can not play Gephy at all, I obviously messed up the file somewhere along the way, but deleting it and replacing it with the original doesn't work, it just seems to update again to my mod.

I have tried a total re-install which included deleting all the mod programs/files that I had used but still the Gephy map is corrupted, and when I re-installed spark edit and loaded it it showed my modded map again rather than the original that I supposedly had just re-installed.

Does anyone know where my PC may be storing the modded map file in a place that wouldn't show on the usual search, or wouldn't be auto deleted as part of the uninstall process?

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Offline ÐeviÑ

• Posts Too Much
Re: Corrupt map
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 05:12:40 PM »
Reinstall the game, find the original gephy file, open it with spark edit, and save over the modded one? (You might have to install Halo in a different location, if you can)
Selling FREE PWNkakes™
Former BFM_Devist8 (long ago) and bfm_ÐeviÑ

Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 09:45:07 AM »

If you are renaming your modded maps with the same name as the original, well....

Moral is: you just need to be careful about moving/copying things around in the maps directory....

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline HLN Rockhpc

• Regular Poster
  • gun me
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 03:27:52 PM »
The maps aren't the only things that are changed by certain modifications - the bitmaps and ui can also be changed.  If you do another reinstall, make sure you actually do these steps:

uninstall halo
restart your PC
ensure that c:\program files\microsoft games\halo\maps is empty or not there
... and then reinstall halo and make a good backup

If that doesn't work, I don't know what would.

TIP:  someone like myself who's installed halo like 10 times due to problems with the game etc, I keep a .ahk file that autotypes my cd key for me, a copy of bitmaps.map (which is modded), a copy of my 768 ksml files (modded text) a copy of my ui.map (modded) a copy of my halo desktop shortcut (with -novideo and -console) nad of course the 109.exe update.  If you end up having to reinstall a lot, it really helps to have that stuff organized as a backup.  It saved me a lot of time, I can say that much.

Code: [Select]
@echo off
title "ROCKHPC Halo Updater"

Start "Update to 1.09" /wait "E:\Program Files\HaloReplacer\109.exe"
copy /y "E:\Program Files\HaloReplacer\bitmaps.map" "E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\MAPS\bitmaps.map"
copy /y "E:\Program Files\HaloReplacer\ui.map" "E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\MAPS\ui.map"
copy /y "E:\Program Files\HaloReplacer\halo.lnk" "E:\Desktop"
copy /y "E:\Program Files\HaloReplacer\768editbox.ksml" "E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\CONTENT"
copy /y "E:\Program Files\HaloReplacer\768log.ksml" "E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\CONTENT"

exit

Offline starter4ten

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 02:46:42 AM »
Thanks all (yes it's me rock  :P)

The weird thing is that after various attempts I now have gephy back to normal but Death Island and Canyon still show my modded navs, but obviously in a server race the real navs apply. This isn't the end of the world as I know them well enough but can be annoying when under fire and maybe not concentrating 100% on where I am going.
I'll keep trying and hopefully it'll smooth itself out

Offline starter4ten

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 09:02:51 AM »
Hopefully I'm all sorted now, after another install (or five) the maps are so far playing normally, thanks Devin for the suggestion of installing to a new location, that may have been the clincher. It seems that wherever my modded maps are stored it is linked to the default location that Halo installs to.

Print