Print 

Author Topic: Halo Racing nights @ Wednesdays & Saturdays - 8PM CST (info inside)  (Read 73714 times)

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm

Offline Soul

• Senior Poster
  • Be back in 5 minutes, If I'm not, read this again.

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, October 26th - 8PM CST
« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2019, 06:50:36 AM »
Quick update for our European racers as there's hour change this coming weekend!
  • October 26th - For UK players will start when the clocks hit 2AM and goes back 1 hour in time (1AM); Non-UK players will start 1 hour earlier at 2AM
  • November 2nd - Will start 1 hour earlier than usual at 1AM (UK players) or 2AM (Non-UK players)
After November 2nd, everything will be back to normal with the usual races starting at 2AM GMT or 3AM CET (GMT+1)

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, January 11th - 8PM CST
« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2020, 10:49:06 AM »
So glad these are still happening with great success week after week every Saturday! It all started with a one-off showing (organized by Jay) that filled the server with pretty much only BFM members. After that, both Suprman and Lemming started organizing some scheduled races here and there. There was clearly some interest and I didn't want that to die out so in December 2016 I started a bi-weekly race at the usual scrim time (it was then changed to every week). First 7-8 months or so we would usually get about 6-7 people showing up which was pretty good in my opinion. Making it weekly at the same time I knew we would be able to fill the server again like the old times as some of the members would eventually return and catch up with what was going on.
It's been over 3 years now and we've been hitting the full server mark for a while now every week! So yea, I'd like to show some appreciation first to Fuzzy (for keeping the servers up) and then to some members/guests that have been showing up every week. People like MacAir, Invert, Boredom, Mr Do, Navy, Bob Marley, Whipwreck, clipseur. There's a few more but I can't remember you all!

For 2020 I'm hoping we can get some more members back and who knows we can get the Aussie one going on! (hey Slimmy :) ). Oh and getting a one-off of something like CE (believe I have the BFM map rotation) or Halo Soccer again would be amazing too!
Happy new year everyone!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 10:52:32 AM by BFM_Mil »

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, January 11th - 8PM CST
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2020, 11:06:47 PM »
It's been fun times for sure, let's keep it going.

Hats off to Fuzzy and Mil.

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, January 18th - 8PM CST
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2020, 06:20:45 PM »
It's a team effort by everyone to keep this going. Thanks to all involved. 2020 will be a wonderful year. :yesyes:
[img

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Saturday, March 23rd, 25th, 28th - 8PM CST
« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2020, 10:07:25 PM »
Since more people have been showing up to our races (and even earlier than the usual start time), we've decided to add 2 new extra weekly races! Now racing every Monday, Wednesday and of course on Saturday. Always at 8PM CST! Post will still be updated on a weekly basis.
Thanks.

Offline ŠeviŃ

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2020, 10:23:09 PM »
Since more people have been showing up to our races (and even earlier than the usual start time), we've decided to add 2 new extra weekly races! Now racing every Monday, Wednesday and of course on Saturday. Always at 8PM CST! Post will still be updated on a weekly basis.
Thanks.

Yes!  :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:
Selling FREE PWNkakes™
Former BFM_Devist8 (long ago) and bfm_ŠeviŃ

Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?

Offline BFM_Mr Do

• Colonel
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2020, 07:04:31 AM »
Just a note about the time. The start time is 8 p.m. Central and that is Daylight time. I point that out in case anyone outside of North America is using a time zone translator to determine their local time. Mil had mentioned last night that he was surprised to see everyone show up so early and it didn't occur to me until later that the surprise may have been that it was pretty recent that we changed to Daylight Savings Time.

The success of the extra racing nights will depend on people showing up and so I encourage everyone to do so.

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Mondays, Wednesdays & Saturdays - 8PM CST
« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2020, 09:31:03 AM »
Next week Europe is going to move its clocks forward as well so we will be back to normal again. Anyway just like when we first started back in 2016, don't expect a huge turnout in the beginning. As for me 2AM during the week will probably be impossible but Saturdays for the time being, I will stick around for a few more weeks!

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
Sounds fun!  I get off work around start time. But I'll show up fashionably late those nights!!

d_b :neckbeard:

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Wow, thanks everyone that joined us in this first Monday! Was not expecting that much of a turnout since it was only announced last Saturday but we managed to get the server full! See you all this Wednesday :yesyes:

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
Thanks to all who made this night's session happen. It's very satisfying to have a bit of fun during the time of an impending crisis. In short, a 4 hr session with a mostly filled server. Hope the magic continues on Wed.  d_b
[img

Print