Print 

Author Topic: RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe  (Read 14930 times)

Offline Wolf

• Senior Poster
  • Woof!
RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe
« on: June 13, 2010, 07:41:31 PM »
That's the error that keeps kicking me and Samurai off CoD4 server. Please help. And keep it low tech on talk. We're not extremely 'computer saavy' so-to-speak.
"To look into the eyes of a wolf is to see your own soul. Hope you like what you see....."

Offline BFM_Zakk

• BFM Admin
  • :|
Re: RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 08:30:53 PM »
Just did a quick google search. Have you installed and updated PunkBuster?

If you haven't updated it, then go here to download the application to update your PunkBuster.

Offline Wolf

• Senior Poster
  • Woof!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 09:44:39 AM »
Did that. Didn't work. Still getting kicked off server.
"To look into the eyes of a wolf is to see your own soul. Hope you like what you see....."

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 01:06:10 PM »

I found a site that said it's a messy registry. Try CCleaner.

Offline Lone WolF

• Newbie Poster
  • If you shine, you die.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 03:05:04 PM »
Try getting a screenshot of the error, there should be a really long annoying  :bang: code with it to.  :LOL:
I'm Serious, Stop Following Me!!

Offline Wolf

• Senior Poster
  • Woof!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 06:11:07 PM »
Registry cleaner did not seem to work after doing it through my virus protection. Here's the pic:

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 06:46:42 PM »

Found this on the internet as well. Is it a firewall thing?

"The issue is a communication failure.

Which simply put, means a security application is blocking the A service from talking to the B process or blocking the services communication with Even Balance.

Please make sure you add the A and all B locations to your firewalls.

The A service is called from your "C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe"
There is also a copy of the B executable in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe" this probably should be granted access as well as any games copy which will be found in the PB folder inside the games root folder. i.e. BF2142 default path is "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\pb\PnkBstrB.exe"

If granting access to these via your firewall doesn't fix the issue. Try reinstalling the services with the PBSVC installer found http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php

Run it as "Administrator" every time you run it by right clicking and choosing Run As.

Do the same with the PBSetup program found
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php"

Offline Wolf

• Senior Poster
  • Woof!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 08:05:33 PM »
Bleach just tried to help. Had me doign setup, reinstalling and so on but it's like Punkbuster is not even existing on the computer anymore. Can't find anything where he says it should be. Firewall is not an issue. On top of that when trying to install, when i hit "I Agree", both windows collapse/disappear and nothing happens whereas Bleach says it should be installing. I'm simply stumped as this sounds more complicated and frustrating than it needs to be. Thanks for nothing Punkbuster -sigh-

Offline Lone WolF

• Newbie Poster
  • If you shine, you die.
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 10:40:35 PM »
One more thing...

Do you by chance have steam running? PB hates steam idk... *cough*lag creating program*cough*

If your running a Laptop, use Ctrl+Shift+Esc (even works with XP.) and look for something to do with functions.
Also Punkbuster doesn't like macros try turning them off and make sure their not running in the background. (nProtect is even stricter about them, now my Laptop's screen can be brightened or darkened, and I don't feel like doing a clean install.)

If you wonder what I might have against steam, downgrade to dialup and try to install Half-Life 2... And make sure that phone calls disconnect you... yea...

Thank everyone involved for Broadband! Go ahead giv'em three cheers.
I'm Serious, Stop Following Me!!

Offline Wolf

• Senior Poster
  • Woof!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 07:00:53 PM »
bump for those on vent tonight who wanted to see the issue

Offline Wolf

• Senior Poster
  • Woof!
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 08:07:53 PM »
Me and Samurai can't even uninstall CoD4 at this point. This is the error we get. The antivirus program quarantine you see is pointless because when i open it up, there is "0" items in quarantine. So I don't think that is the problem but then again I don't know what the problem is.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 01:50:22 AM by BFM_»Jây »

Offline BFM_ColWlkr

• BFM Admin
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 09:38:48 PM »
This worked for Dreper:

1.  Download >>PBsvc.exe<<.  Place it in the Activision/Call of Duty 4/pb folder.  It is imperative you put it here!

2.  Run pbsvc.exe and choose Uninstall.

3.  RESTART after uninstall.  You will continue to have trouble if you don't!

4.  Run pbsvc.exe and choose Reinstall.

5.  When that is completed, download >>PBsetup.exe<<

6.  Save it to some place handy, as you need to manually update Punkbuster sometimes.

7.  Run PBsetup.

8. Click on Add a game and select Call of Duty 4 in the game box

9.  In the box beneath select the path where the game is installed

10.  Call of Duty 4 should be listed now

11.  Press the "Check for Updates" button

Now run the game, and it should work! :D

Offline Wolf

• Senior Poster
  • Woof!
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 10:28:10 PM »
bfm_Mr Blue helped alot and pretty much helped get it to where I uninstalled and then reinstalled. Now everything is good to go! thanks to all who did and also those who were willing to help. =)

Offline Bleach

• Senior Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 09:28:32 AM »
Glad it finally worked! I still don't know why it wasn't installing and uninstalling when we were trying it though  :bang:

Hope to see you around! (And not just in the zombie server!  ;D)
A part of the winning teams for season 9, 10, 13, 17, 18 and now 19. Thanks for all of the great memories guys :D

Offline BFM_ColWlkr

• BFM Admin
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 04:12:18 PM »
Glad it finally worked! I still don't know why it wasn't installing and uninstalling when we were trying it though  :bang:

Hope to see you around! (And not just in the zombie server!  ;D)

I was doing the same thing with Dreper, but two things I think did it: putting PBsvc.exe into the PB folder, and then restarting the computer before reinstalling.

Print