Print 

Author Topic: YAY!!! new graphics card....  (Read 4829 times)

Offline Srenity

• Junior Poster
Re: YAY!!! new graphics card....
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 05:18:41 PM »
i havnt got it to work yet but i would like to know if it is possible to delete/uninstall any software for my onboard and were i can locate it.

plus thanks for the replys,even tho i havnt got it to work you all still rock  :rockstar:

:EDIT: is it possible to run my graphics card without using my setup disc for my motherboard?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 05:44:17 PM by BFM_Srenity »

Created by BFM_Igor the great

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 08:18:27 PM »
i havnt got it to work yet but i would like to know if it is possible to delete/uninstall any software for my onboard and were i can locate it.

Check in "Control Panel" -> "Add or Remove Programs" and see if there is anything there with the same brand name as your on-board chipset.  (E.g. "ATI Control Panel" or some such, and uninstall any/all of them. WARNING!: Doing this MAY CAUSE YOUR ON-BOARD GRAPHICS TO STOP WORKING! So I'd only do it if you KNOW you'll be able to get your NEW one installed and working first!)

Also, chek in your "All Programs" list for anything with similar names and see if one of them is named "uninstall" or the like. (Same WARNING as above tho!)

You probably only want to UNinstall any on-board-graphics-related SW when/if you're actually ready to stop using it, and make the new one work....

plus thanks for the replys,even tho i havnt got it to work you all still rock  :rockstar:

Well, thx, but let's get you working on your new graphics device still, okay?!?  ::)  :winkgrin:

:EDIT: is it possible to run my graphics card without using my setup disc for my motherboard?

You should only consider trying this if you're an expert at it and knowledgable with the video card (brand) and it's software.

Given that you're posting here to ask, that likely means "No, you shouldn't try that."

;)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline SkullCracka

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 10:07:16 AM »
unistalling the software will only make it goto default settings windows settings very very low grafics. now something no one else including myself thought of to tell you.

most newer grafics cards need power to them. you need to look in the instructions that came with your card to see were that plugs in. then look at the wires coming out of your power supply for the one that is made to plug into your grafics card. once you have done this. then unistall old grafics software. shut down. apon reboot go into bios like was mentioned earlier. shut off onboard grafics. save and shut down computer. install card in the proper slot. move chord from your monitor from the onboard plug to the plug on your new grafics card. plug in that power chord you found to the card. restart the PC. have your cd ready to install the software that came with it after reboot. you will probly have to reboot again after the software install.

hope that help you out and gets you going.

Offline Srenity

• Junior Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 01:01:29 PM »
hmm....i think you are right there my graphics card does need power to it but im not sure how to get power to it  :P and also how do i shut off my onboard in the BIOS?

so now im goin to look so a power thing

Offline SkullCracka

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 03:39:13 PM »
when you get into the bios setup look for onboard device and shut off the onboard grafics.

the power plug to the grafics card is small similar to the one that goes to a floppy drive.
its there. probly zip tied up  in a bundle of extra wires coming out of your power supply.

HAHAHAHAH vvvvvv you down there no im too lazy.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 07:32:15 PM by SkullCracka »

Offline Rázgrěz

• Senior Poster
  • I am the Razgriz
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 07:23:33 PM »
we need a step by step picture thingy lol

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 09:35:09 PM »
we need a step by step picture thingy lol

Ummmmm.... Didn't some instructions COME WITH THE NEW BOARD you bought?!?!

I hesitate to give you "generic" detailed instructions from the WWW because they all vary somewhat....

Offline Srenity

• Junior Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 12:18:20 AM »
nope no detailed instructions for my motherboard which im kinda annoyed with  :bang:

Offline SkullCracka

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 10:19:28 AM »
^^^ they meant instructions with the video card.

Offline Srenity

• Junior Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 10:55:19 AM »
lol could have said video card then  :P then i would kno wot they ment  ;D

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 09:47:04 PM »

They're all PCBs (Printed Circuit Board) to me!

:winkgrin:

Offline Rázgrěz

• Senior Poster
  • I am the Razgriz
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 03:22:48 PM »
make sure you hok up the cab;le for your monitor! know i said that, but i forgot that once. if your card needs power make sure you hook it up :)

Print