Print 

Author Topic: What is the best video game of all time? (besides the Halo series)  (Read 15232 times)

Offline AR~UnitZero

• Newbie Poster
Re: WHat is the best video game of all time? (besides the Halo series)
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2008, 09:07:45 AM »
Best RPG: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Stunning graphics; lots of play time; loooong duration advancement system; LOTs of GREAT/COOL add-ons! Note: Thought I'd hate that it was not MP, but... I don't!]

Finally someone else here has noticed how utterly amazing that game is!  :yesyes:

Offline =Rival=

• Regular Poster
  • Cymru am Byth! :)
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2008, 09:20:26 AM »
The first time I remember becoming addicted to a game was after trying out Metal Gear Solid (which was voted best game for PS1) for the first time; Such a great storyline with loads of action. I've been hooked to the MGS games since, and I'm now looking forward to the fourth one coming out on PS3 :winkgrin:

Offline HastaLaVista

• Senior Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2008, 01:44:25 PM »
Best RPG: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Stunning graphics; lots of play time; loooong duration advancement system; LOTs of GREAT/COOL add-ons! Note: Thought I'd hate that it was not MP, but... I don't!]

Finally someone else here has noticed how utterly amazing that game is!  :yesyes:

I liked this game a LOT, but unfortunately... I did all the stealth assassin storyline missions first (forget what they were actually called...) They were so fun! But after I finished them... the rest of the game was kind of a let down in comparison...  Just seemed repetitive... gorgeous, but repetitive. :'(

-Loq

Offline ((Kkh))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2008, 04:44:28 PM »
I'd have to say currently my fav is Crysis...unbelievable graphics if you card can handle it, and it is NOT a short game. Call of Duty 4 is a close second only because of the length of the game, however, that series has always gone way above any other on attention to detail. I think for ground breaking it would have to be Doom (the original)...I spent all night downloading the 10mb demo at 1400bps and was blown away at the 1 level demo.

THANKS  SLAYTON  FOR  THE  A W E S O M E  SIG!!!
http://ninjamouse.com - http://ninjamouse.com/images/Kakashi_sig24.jpg

Offline BFM_Ben

• BFM Admin
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2008, 04:50:50 PM »
i used to LOVE the goldeneye game on N64

Offline Noodles

• Senior Poster
  • (:
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2008, 04:51:44 PM »
Hello Kitty! :Hazy:

Lol, JK.

I'd have to say....

:awesome:

I love dangerous Hunts, (Its odd im against animal killing.)

Offline Cr@zy

• Senior Poster
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2008, 06:05:19 PM »
Diablo I, was actually was the first game that I ever played on PC. Both of the games are awesome and I'm still hoping for a third.

^ Definetly on my top

Me too, i also loved the Ace Combat series.

Starcraft and Warcraft 3 online are fun as well for PC.

WoW is fun

NFS Games are lots of fun too

COD4 Rocked my Socks

Cabelas games where lots of fun too

Thanks H@ngm@n Soooo much for the Awesome sig!

Offline Gryphon

• Regular Poster
  • If you hear the roar, it means it's too late.
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2008, 01:41:19 PM »
Hmmmm.... Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Curse of Monkey Island, Quest for Glory 1-5, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, COD 1,2,4, BioShock, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War (took the run in gun out of shooters and made you play tactically), Star Wars: Republic Commando, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Wing Comander 1 - Prophecy, X-wing Alliance, Midevil 1 & 2, Zelda; OoT, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Half Life 2, Episode 1, 2, Team Fortress 2, Portal, Devil May Cry 1 & 3, God of War 1 & 2.

Any I missed?

Offline Slayton V. Price

• Posts Too Much
  • Here we are, Juggernaut!!
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2008, 11:08:34 PM »
OK, so this is how I see it:

Most played other than Halo: NFS: Most Wanted.  Why? Where else can you get a Chevy Cobalt SS to hit 300 kph???

Second: Guild Wars, Specifically the Nightfall Expansion.  Why? Unlike WOW its freee and has MUCH better graphics.

After that throw Alpha Prime.  Bought on Direct 2 Drive for $14, thought I would be somewhat amused for a few moments, ended up staying awake a whole weekend to beat the game. Loved it.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.  WHAT A RIDE. Thats all I can say.  And Ive read the CoC books and most of the mythos.

Offline Zoldor

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2008, 04:48:15 PM »
hmm...hard to decide. there's a lot of great games right now, but I'm gonna have to go old school on this one. it's either Galaga, Space Invaders, Tron, or Spy Hunter.

Offline xtra

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2008, 11:36:04 PM »
Kinda going off subject but i want this post to hit 50 for some reason (its always fun)

This FIFA game i had for the Sega Mega Drive was so awesome that if u fouled someone, u kept control of the offending player, you could then sprint round the pitch untill the ref caught you (ie forever :P)

anyone else know of any all time great sorta glitches in games?

Offline FlameDragon

• Junior Poster
  • hack and slash my way to victory.
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2008, 06:40:07 AM »
i would have to say my favorite game is 1.resedent evil 4 not the crapy ps2 version but the originol gamecube version (it had better graphics than the ps2 version and reall time movies.) 2.halo, 3. world of warcraft - call of duty 4 , 4.the legend of zelda twilight princess

Offline Sandoz

• Posts Too Much
  • An empty stomach is not a good political adviser.
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2008, 01:29:13 PM »
anyone else know of any all time great sorta glitches in games?

I remember in 007 Golden Eye for the Game Cube, You could turn on the 1 hit kills cheat on a certain level and kill a woman in an in-game sequence and she would squirm around as if she had no bones and her skin was rubber; and sometimes she would fly across the room! :LOL:

(It was fun to watch her!)
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older;
shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Offline BigShot

• Regular Poster
  • its when you're not looking that the shot hits
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2008, 06:05:54 PM »
me says "bump"!

team sig by Slayton, thanks a ton!

My virtues: be silent but strong, never attack in anger, uphold all just laws, and stay 100% loyal to your choices and friends

Offline Rzgrz

• Senior Poster
  • I am the Razgriz
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2008, 06:22:40 PM »
It's a close call for some other games for PC, but I'd have to go with the Diablo Series. I have been playing it for a long time now. Diablo I, was actually was the first game that I ever played on PC. Both of the games are awesome and I'm still hoping for a third.

yes!! im not the only ne hoping for Diablo III

Print