Print 

Author Topic: WOW what an AWESOME PLAYOFF match!!!  (Read 2471 times)

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
WOW what an AWESOME PLAYOFF match!!!
« on: February 10, 2008, 06:35:02 AM »
We are in the finals of Season 8. We had two matches going tonight in the first round of the playoffs. During the first round it is Sudden Death. One match meaing at most 8 maps will be played unless we have a tie breaker. Winner take all. In round 2 and the championship rounds it is the best 2 out of 3. We had the first round tonight. These were the teams who played:

Game1 Panoze/DDealer vs Carew/Kikn 

Game 2 Honey/AmD vs Mr Do/BluAdpt

It was a really a slug fest in the match between Panoze and Carew. These two teams played awesome. They fought for every lap. Of course this match had to come down to a tie breaker. With the score 14 to 13 in laps..... Sir Taco got the final nav right before Carew/Kikns team could get in for the win. Carews team had 4 players almost at the scoring nav. To make things even closer, Sir Taco only had one bar of health left and got the final nav right before he died. Had he have not made it the outcome would have been different. This is what these Captains scrims are all about. It was a VERY hard faught match and it was really fun for the outsiders to try to figure out who is winning. Awesome match to both teams. I know everyone had a lot of fun.

The final result was Panoze/DDealer the 4th ranked seed beating Carew/Kikn the 5th ranked seed. WOW WHAT AN AWESOME MATCH.

We also had an upset. We had the 6th Ranked seed Mr Do/BluAdpt vs the 3rd ranked seed Honey/AmD. Both teams once again faught very hard. In the end Mr Do/BluAdpt was able to pull off a stunning upset. This just shows you how competitive these scrims are. The best of the best halo players suit up and go at it for 8 maps or 9 if a tie breaker is needed. Awesome upset Team Mr Do/BluAdpt. The two winning teams now move on to the second round. The second round is the best 2 out of 3 matches.

the 4th ranked Seed Team Panoze/DDealer will face the First ranked seed Itsky/Hazy. Wow this will be a war. Both teams are very good. This will probably go 3 matches to determine the out come and see who goes to the championship round.

In the other matchup we will have the 6th ranked seed team Mr Do/BluAdpt vs the 2nd ranked seed team Elvis/Booyah. These teams have already met twice during the regular season. The last meeting all the maps played ended up something to the affect of 14 for the loser and 15 laps for the winner. It took 7 maps to determine the winner. This again will be an awesome match. Each team will have this up coming weekend off due to the Valentines holiday. That will allow both teams to set a new game plan and see which team is truly best.

Great season and great matches so far by all teams. There were BFMs watching the map score and refreshing every min. to see who won each map. It really doesnt get any better than this. What a super fun time with awesome matches. Congrats to all the teams. Every team in the playoffs had an awesome season! Congrats to all!!!

« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 07:12:50 AM by BFM_Elvis »

Offline VxT

• Posts Too Much
Re: WOW what an AWESOME PLAYOFF match!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 06:47:05 AM »
Well done all!

d_b

Thanks Hangman!

Water found on Mars!

Offline Carew

• Senior Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 06:53:24 AM »
Congrats to team Panoze on winning a tough battle. You folks did a wonderful job and while we would have prefered a different outcome, we had a great time playing againsed your team. Good luck to all of you in the upcoming rounds.

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 06:32:57 PM »
Well done to everyone

Offline Soníc

• Posts Too Much
  • You've gotta think fast to be fast!
    • A Sonic Fan's paradise! ^^
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 01:26:42 PM »
congratz to Team Mr Do/Bluadpt for winning a very hard fought match!  I am very sorry I was not able to be there to play in such an awesome match.  GOOD JOB TO ALL!!! :bravo:

Sonic
"I'll face it with a grin, I'm never giving in, On with the show!!  I'll top the bill, I'll overkill, I have to find the will to carry on with the, on with the show!!!" -- The Show Must Go On by Queen.  Freddie Mercury will live forever in our hearts.

Special thanks to Mr T for the sonic sig!! :D
You found my secret message!  PM me for a prize!

Print