Print 

Author Topic: H-O-P-E  (Read 5094 times)

Offline halofred

• Newbie Poster
H-O-P-E
« on: February 11, 2008, 02:58:47 PM »
I was playing on various servers and this user was a constant team nader, and all around typical bad player. Up on the bridges on infinity, sniping, the works. VERY annoying.

Offline HOPE

• Newbie Poster
Re: H-O-P-E
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 03:11:50 PM »
Fred im glad you pointed out my progress and  i do remember the game i was up there and the reason why you seen a nade fly is because a (player) was on top of the bridges i was up there i asked him to come down but he would not listen so i throw a nade at him and killed him. he was on the oppisite team so i felt as if i should get him off the bridges or whatever my own way after asking him nicely several times. and i highly doubt you seen me sniping at inifnity or any of the servers because i realize the bfm rules and sniping at inifnity is not the easist thing. So please next time you feel as if you need to make faulse complaints id feel better if you kept them to yourself.

Offline halofred

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 03:37:54 PM »
Maybe others can vouch, maybe it wasn't you (fake?), but it was clear. Player "goalie" was getting very irate.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 05:18:26 PM by halofred »

Offline JonnyB

• Junior Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 10:05:34 PM »
I played against H_O_P_E yesterday and had nothing but admiration for his camping skills, they where of a standard I have never come across before. I must also applaud his total commitment to rocket hog camping in the bases on Sidewinder. No one who was actually silly enough to race stood a chance !! Brilliant tactic, those foolish people who tried to follow the rules were just massacred.

I did try to contact a BFM to witness this magnificent display, unfortunately with no luck.

Way to go H_O_P_E, you have taken the art of camping and ruining a game to a new level  :bang:

I must apologise in advance if this was "another" H_O_P_E  :LOL:

Offline halofred

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 10:32:22 PM »
I played against H_O_P_E yesterday and had nothing but admiration for his camping skills, they where of a standard I have never come across before. I must also applaud his total commitment to rocket hog camping in the bases on Sidewinder. No one who was actually silly enough to race stood a chance !! Brilliant tactic, those foolish people who tried to follow the rules were just massacred.

Thats the one...i believe it was H-O-P-E though...

Offline xtra

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 11:52:51 AM »
may i remind you it is not difficult to change a name, i have also had troubles from this player quite a bit.  i have spoken to him (the same person) on two different occasions under two different names, both times he was breaking all the rules

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 02:33:51 PM »
Thanks for the heads up guys!
~Former BFM Sergeant ~
~ Arrived 20/08/2007 - 23/11/2009 Departed... ~

Offline Draucus

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is more than the sum of it's parts.
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 02:54:36 PM »
about an hour or 2 ago when everyone left me alone on vent(lol), H-O-P-E has been chase killing, cursing, team nading/firing, map walking, camping, and fired/naded from elevated areas.  I had no contact of bfm or BFM to help in the server earlier(darn).  He has caused so much trouble, he had other people turn into a bigger mess.  My head was spinning of all the cursing in there.  When H-O-P-E was team nading his team mates, I ran him over on the way to my nav, and I was mostly doing it to get him from team nading.  Because I would like the other team to race to have more of a challenge and more fun.  I would really like to see H-O-P-E turn into a better and more loyal racer.

NOTE: I hope running over an enemy that is team nading to get the TN off their back considered against the rules.  If it is a bad decision to make, please notify me, and I wont do it again.

Hope you understand that clearly.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Offline VxT

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 03:00:35 PM »
Draucus, if you go out of your way to kill a team nader, it's still a chase.

Try to ignore them, else it might look like you are the one breaking rules.

Its very rare no BFM's are around, but it happens, happened to me once, its just...uh !  :doh:

Thanks Hangman!

Water found on Mars!

Offline Draucus

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is more than the sum of it's parts.
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 03:35:21 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking a few seconds after I killed him, if it was a chase kill.  I hope you guys forgive me for doing that because I didn't know if it was considered a chase kill, and I will assure you that I will not do that again.  Just look at the bright side, I said I did it going towards my nav.  I was racing, that's the good part.  Hope you guys take this as one small mistake.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 03:51:57 PM by Draucus »

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 01:42:29 AM »
Draucus,
You were trying to do the right thing, and it shows real character to own up to your mistakes, in future, to get someones tag, just move the cross hair over them to get a name. As a guest, best thing to do is keep racing and let an admin deal with it (if there are any). Screenshots are the best thing, you can help a lot by taking them of rule infractions you come across, then send them to a higher officer if you have quite a few on a certain bad player.
=]
~Former BFM Sergeant ~
~ Arrived 20/08/2007 - 23/11/2009 Departed... ~

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 08:01:43 PM »
Maybe others can vouch, maybe it wasn't you (fake?), but it was clear. Player "goalie" was getting very irate.

If I was irritating, it usually is the fact that I try to tell others not to use profanity, as per the rules of the BFM servers.  Sometimes it gets so out of hand that I end up asking people to stop using the f word every second.
But if I was irritating in a different way, please let me know.  I don't try to be a condescending person, but if my actions show otherwise, I would like to know so that it doesn't happen in the future.

Also, as for H-O-P-E, I have played with him before and he is a very respectable person.  Like one of you stated, it is very easy to change your name of Halo, so it is possible that these were different players, but having the same name.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 08:06:09 PM by Goalie »
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline AR~Archon

• Senior Poster
  • No surrender, no retreat
    • MacFire (Xfire for Mac)
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 08:32:15 PM »
FYI - "irate" means "very angry" :)
The minstrel boy to the war has gone...
Understanding is a three edged sword.  Your side, their side, and the truth.
Who are you?  What do you want?  Why are you here?  Where are you going?

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 10:54:45 PM »
FYI - "irate" means "very angry" :)

Whoops, my bad.  I thought he said irritating and just made a mistake typing....

Curse my limited capacity of the English language....
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline EmoOverlord

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 07:08:45 AM »
I played with H-O-P-E a few times, and the first time he was annoying everyone by reminding us of the rules. The second time, he was just being annoying with camping and junk.

Print