Print 

Author Topic: Vegemite!  (Read 6757 times)

Offline Mr Ninja

• Posts Too Much
  • RIP Bud
Vegemite!
« on: February 13, 2008, 09:30:21 PM »
Hey yall,
I'm doing a Civics assignment and for it my group is doing Australia..
we need to do geography and other stuff for the project,
but one part of it is cuisine and I was wondering where I can get my hands on some vegemite?
I've looked at the local Shaws but the don't have any in the "around the world" section of the stores..
so I was wondering if anybody know a good store that sells this :]
oh and the store has to be in Maine because I'm not much of a long distance driver for getting an A on a project lol :]

Thanks in advance for any help it's much appreciated!!!

:ninja:

A Big thanks to McSkittles for the Ninja sig

BFM_Warlord

Re: Vegemite!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 09:36:01 PM »

Offline Mr Ninja

• Posts Too Much
  • RIP Bud
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 09:53:11 PM »
Thanks Warlord!

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 10:14:37 PM »
All you need to know is that it takes like salty blech.
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline Bunyip

• Newbie Poster
  • puff puff pant.... where's a hog when you need one
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 10:31:50 PM »
Salty blech to the heathens, nectar of the gods to those of us who can't live without it.

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 10:47:57 PM »

Offline S.S.NZ

• Junior Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 10:55:45 PM »
Vegemite is , well ok-ish , the true taker of the fame is Marmite , a much tastier and more importantly , Kiwi spread.
Vegemite makes australians talk funny  ;D

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 12:11:25 AM »
Vegemite is , well ok-ish , the true taker of the fame is Marmite , a much tastier and more importantly , Kiwi spread.
Vegemite makes australians talk funny  ;D

SSNZ is a New Zealander, don't listen to him. Vegemite is the original (i think) and definetly better than the copies.

If you need help with any part of the assignment (like the Aussie Geography) nobody better to ask than one of the Aussies!

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline S.S.NZ

• Junior Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 01:05:40 AM »
Marmite was originally invented in england , but it was horrible rubbish so the kiwis decided to try their hand , In 1919 they had major success and it stopped all imports of the inferior like named product from Uk. Then in 1923 probably after the wallabies had been thrashed by the all blacks on a rugby tour of New Zealand , The aussies decided that the kiwis cannot have the best yeast extract spread on the planet so they invented vegemite , a horrible rip off of marmite , probably because NZ marmite had become a staple diet in aussie and the aussies were starting to lose their weird accent , play better rugby and increase slight in I.Q. Now for the last 85 odd years aussies have been forcing their kids to eat vegemite even against their protests of "this is not marmite , I aint eating it". This is all just because they cannot admit to marmite being a far superior product , because it produced in NZ.

It is ok aussies , stand up , buy marmite

[/quote]

SSNZ is a New Zealander, don't listen to him.[/quote]

That wasnt very nice

Offline Daigoro

• Posts Too Much
  • shishogan...swordsman's eyes
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 01:09:07 AM »
lol and  :munch: this is gonna be GREAT!
Sincerely,
Daigoro

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 03:34:31 AM »
Yay! The aussies and the kiwi(s) are battling again! I love when they get into it! Rugby, spreads--one HAS to be better than the other! Who will win? :LOL:

If you need help with any part of the assignment (like the Aussie Geography) nobody better to ask than one of the Aussies!

He's right and what a great opportunity! If all the groups have a country, I bet not many can talk directly to someone from that area. You should stay up late and take advantage of this, Ninja...

Offline Mr Ninja

• Posts Too Much
  • RIP Bud
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 03:37:54 PM »

He's right and what a great opportunity! If all the groups have a country, I bet not many can talk directly to someone from that area. You should stay up late and take advantage of this, Ninja...

That's exactly what I was thinking Jane!!!

I will certianly take advantage of this opportunity and thank you for the idea Exodus :]
or project is not due for another 2 weeks but vacation takes away one of the weeks of work so I think I'll have to get started on it soon :]

Offline S@ndm@n

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 06:51:18 PM »
The real question is, why would you want to?  The stuff tastes like Worcestershire Sauce, cheddar cheese and bile mixed together.

Mmmm... yummy!

S@ndm@n

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 04:30:49 AM »
Ah but Sandman, when you add Worcestershire sauce, cheddar cheese, and bile it tastes even better!

Actually Vegemite is actually quite delicious if used on the correct food...Like bread. Lol.

Feel free to ask us questions, Ninja! We will be only too happy to spread the news of Australia! (Or as SSNZ would say, the disease ::))

Now SSNZ...I know that you guys are proud of your rugby...but seriously...You're fighting over MARMITE? How can ANYONE defend such an ABHORRENT product.

..."We're happy little vegemites."

(^ That only applies to SOME Australians...:P)

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 04:45:09 AM »
Now SSNZ...I know that you guys are proud of your rugby...but seriously...You're fighting over MARMITE? How can ANYONE defend such an ABHORRENT product.
Because it tastes better.

Print