Print 

Author Topic: ** Itsky and Elvis Teams Are Season 8 Finalists **  (Read 3313 times)

Offline BFM_Mr Do

• Colonel
** Itsky and Elvis Teams Are Season 8 Finalists **
« on: February 24, 2008, 07:23:18 PM »
After some very hard-fought semifinals matches, the top two teams from the regular season have earned the right to face off in the Season 8 finals. Team Itsky/Hazy will race Team Elvis/Booyah for the Season 8 championship this coming weekend.

Both semifinal matchups were won in two straight matches by scores of 5-2 in the first match and 5-3 in the second but were more hotly contested than those scores might indicate.

The Itsky/Hazy seminfinal win came despite spirited comebacks by Team Panoze/DeathDealer. In the first match, Itsky's team won the first two maps convincingly and looked to have a lot of momentum but Panoze's team was unfazed, taking the next two to tie it up before Itsky's team reignited and swept the next three. The second match went the same only this time it was a 3-0 Itsky lead that was erased by a three-map run by Panoze's team before Itsky won two straight to clinch the spot in the finals. The streaks go to show that you can never count out any of the teams until the final map is won. Participants from both teams say the matches were very intense and hard-fought.

The other semifinal featured a lot of close finishes, with maps often turning on a single event or mishap. My team (Team Mr. Do/BluAdpt) felt like we gave away a map or two with mistakes in the first scrim and saw a couple more slip away with just plain close finishes. Team Elvis/Booyah seemed more composed and simply kept finding ways to win maps. My team felt like we were going to play much better in the second match and we did, pulling out to a 3-1 lead. But Elvis's team gutted out one hard-fought win after another to sweep the rest of the maps. Both teams agreed it was some of the most intense action we have experienced.

Competition in the finals promises to be at the highest possible level with those two teams going at it. Big congrats to the members of both teams. It should be a great experience for all of you.

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
Re: ** Itsky and Elvis Teams Are Season 8 Finalists **
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 01:05:08 AM »
Good luck, team Itsky/Hazy and Elvis/Booyah!

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Mr Ninja

• Posts Too Much
  • RIP Bud
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 03:07:28 PM »
Good luck to both teams,
you've both worked very hard to get where you are and no matter what your both winners  :)

:ninja:

A Big thanks to McSkittles for the Ninja sig

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 05:55:41 PM »
Very Well done everyone !

Offline panoze

• Posts Too Much
  • 棕榈 grower
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 06:04:58 PM »
I wish this match would be on ESPN or Fox so we could watch it!  That would be great, who would be the announcers though?

Offline BlazinAngel

• Regular Poster
  • THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE HIGHLANDER !!!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 07:24:57 PM »
I wish this match would be on ESPN or Fox so we could watch it!  That would be great, who would be the announcers though?

Bot and Chris Berman
"I'll say sorry, but I'm not taking off my glasses."  -EPIC ! :beachglasses:

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 07:37:55 PM »
Good luck to both of you, but of course most know that I absolutely MUST cheer for Team Itsky/Hazy!  :winkgrin: ::)

Well done both teams and all players!  Congratulations on making the finals.

Offline ((Kàkà§hì))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 08:11:29 PM »
Good luck to both teams!!

I checked the mirror Saturday night after the scrim and would like to personally thank team Elvis/Booyah for the extra grey hairs  :embarrassed: - Well Played!!

THANKS  SLAYTON  FOR  THE  A W E S O M E  SIG!!!
http://ninjamouse.com - http://ninjamouse.com/images/Kakashi_sig24.jpg

Offline Fuzion

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 08:13:01 PM »
It will be an awesome match.   :winkgrin:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 08:31:46 PM by BFM_Fuzion »

Signature by AR~H@ngm@n
(July 07)

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 08:26:52 PM »
Will be a great match .Good Luck to everyone.

Offline MaryK8

• Junior Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 11:58:37 AM »
Good luck everyone! 

Offline Kikn

• Junior Poster
  • My Halo 3 spartan
    • Future Hope To Many
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 12:01:15 PM »
Congrats to both teams! Well deserved!

Offline AJ/[ZÅ]HatofLove

• Junior Poster
  • AJ, a.k.a. The Hat of Love
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 09:24:52 AM »
Well done and good luck!

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 03:24:10 AM »
First off WHAT A MATCH!!! The semi finals were awesome. Elvis/Booyah vs Mr Do/BluAdpt  Every single map was a TOTAL WAR! Totally clean but totally hard fought. Neither team would give one inch. Every map it came down to just inches to see who won. My team knew this was be an awesome game and a total war. I think my team played its best game. It's a good thing they did. It took everything we had to give and then some to come out ahead in this scrim. It seemed everything we tried to do was countered by Mr Do's Team. There was no advantage. So it came down to what team will get to the line first. My team was lucky that we made it just a hair in front of Mr Do's team on a few maps. This is one of the best matches I have ever been in. If you werent in the captains season scrims you TOTALLY missed out. I would train for a year just to play in one match this competitive. WOW!!! 

Well so we survived a war. Well not without casualities. We will more than likely not have BFM_Roddy for the playoffs. This will hurt. But his teammates will step up the challenge. We have a super team. Bad thing is we play the #1 Scrim team of the season. We also lost the #1 player on my team. We will be the underdogs for sure. But I totally expect my team to rise to the challenge. We will not go down easily. We will have War #2. My team will play as hard as any team will ever play. I have awesome players and awesome People on my team. But we are going against the VERY best team of the regular season. I just hope my teams best with the loss of Roddy for the FINAL MATCHES will be enough. If everyone on my team can step it up we can give team Itsky/Hazy a battle. With any luck we can come out on top. We are hurt losing are team MVP. But we still wont give up. I just hope we can give the #1 team a good match so the game is at least as good as all the  championship matches in the past. Good luck to all!!!!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 03:28:15 AM by BFM_Elvis »

Offline ºReFº

• Senior Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 01:55:03 PM »
Team Elvis/Booyah will just have to show how good we are even without our MVP player and we WILL rise to the occasion. I expect that this match will be a great one just like the semi-finals.

Good luck to Itsky/Hazy and may the best team win.

Print