Print 

Author Topic: Just curious.. Any Supreme Commander (Forged Alliance) players here?  (Read 3189 times)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage

Just curious.

I've been a Starcraft player since the month it first came out.  I still play a game or two (against AI opponents) almost every week.

Recently, my son (MoNsTeR) got Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance and we started playing co-op LAN games against AI opponents.

Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance("SupCom FA" to most players, or just "Forged Alliance") is kinda like Starcraft... on major steriods!

Lately we play almost every night now, and some of the games take hours! (The AI has a wide range of settings and postures, and the "Adaptive, cheating, Seraphim" player is a challenge for the two of us, at 2-on-1!

What's more the graphics are AMAZING!  (If you know what MoNsTeR's system is like, you know how I know! And soon enough I'll be able to see the details, too!) When you zoom in from the large format tactical view and see all the elements it's okay and all, but then if you KEEP zooming in you can see their tire treadmarks, squashed grass and bushes, even sand ripples on the dune plains!

And it has some of the most awesome explosion graphics I've ever seen, too! (FYI: There are various forms of "Atomics" available, and your "Commander" goes H-Bomb if he gets knocked down to zero health.  They call such units "Volatile" in their list of capabilities! ROFL!)

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has run into this game, and love to hear what they think about it too.

... Now you know why I'm not in Halo Racing games as often lately! :winkgrin:

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
Re: Just curious.. Any Supreme Commander (Forged Alliance) players here?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 01:16:21 PM »
My friend has this game. Been try'na convince him to give it to me for a few days or a week - I don't want to fork out $100. *Is stingy* ::)

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 10:51:40 PM »

$100!!

That's a lot of money even in Aussie currency!!  ;)  :doh:

US$30 online purchase & downloadable here! (See bright green "Download" button to right side of page....)

P.S. You do NOT need the "Extended download service" for an additional ~$8 that gives you 30 days to download it, I don't think!...  :ninja:

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 10:59:14 PM »
$100 in Aussie currency is like US$90 now ::)

It would take around 24 hours straight to download with our Australian connection and with the commercial download manager we own...Lol.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 11:13:11 PM »

Ya, I forgot to mention that it's about a 6GB download too!  :doh:
(So it's probably out of the question for you metered ISP users.... Sorry!)

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 01:08:38 AM »
We discovered how bad our systems needed upgrading when we played through the different games in the series (starting with the demo a while back). Playing online worked out a lot better performance-wise than against AI forces. When facing the AI, the game starts out smoothly enough, but once the number of units built increases the systems bog down to the point where it becomes unplayable. I guess the  AI component is very taxing. Wouldn't mind loading up an old copy of Total Annihilation to play again for nostalgic purposes.

Don't forget to mention the Experimentals.  They are truly amazing.

[img

Print