Print 

Author Topic: Hey! I'm the new guy.  (Read 4744 times)

Offline ßlitz

• Junior Poster
Hey! I'm the new guy.
« on: April 03, 2008, 12:26:34 AM »
I purchased my first Halo game in Dec of 07 and quickly became addicted to it. I managed to stumble my way through it a few times, then I discovered these online games about a week ago. The first game I played on line was Slayer then I moved onto racing. In my first race I was trying to kill everyone. That's when I met BFM_Exodus and it wasn't pleasant for me. It seemed that everything I did he/she was calling me out on. The one reprimand that got to me was no walking or some such. I thought, "Dude, if I could find a hog, I wouldn't be walking, ease up!"  Then tonight I saw a message that had this webite address in it. Now that I've read the rules and read some of the posts it is making more sense.

I want to apologize. I had no idea that there are so many rules and that I was breaking so many of them.

I have to say I am really impressed with all players I've encountered on these servers. I am still in awe that you guys can type a message while playing. I'm doing good to control my hog, and most of the time I'm not doing a very good job of that.

Look out! I'm here, I'm loving it and I'm getting better...

Thanks to Neo for this awesome sig!

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
Re: Hey! I'm the new guy.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 01:18:16 AM »
Hi there Riddick!

It is good GREAT to see a guest like yourself coming to the forums to find out what BFM is all about. You've done the right thing by everyone. We acknowledge it is hard at first to comprehend race and all it's rules, but with patience and practice and watching some other players you can enjoy it - rules and all! That's why so many players have turned to race to keep their enjoyment in Halo.

By the way, BFM_Exodus is my brother. I think he will be VERY pleased to see that you have come to the forums and written this and checked out our rules and such. I will pass this on to him if he does not see it.

I hope that I get a chance to race with you soon, Riddick! The rules may be hard to follow, but they are there for everyone's enjoyment, as I hope you have come to realise :).

See you on the tracks!

BFM_Hydra

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline CCBigBoy

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 05:34:56 AM »
Hey Riddick. Cant' wait to race with you. I don't know If you use that halo name 'cause you like the movies starring Van Diesel but I need to say that I liked the first movie - the planet with the monsters - but the second was a little bit awful. You could change your name to Ridqlous ..... hehehe ........ !!!
CC=BigBoy+-
 d_b ;D d_b

Offline Fender

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 05:50:14 AM »
Welcome, Riddick! 

As Hydra says, it looks like you're starting with the best attitude we could possibly ask for.  Don't worry, while the rules seem a bit daunting, I think you'll grasp them pretty quickly. They are founded on the principles of fair play, courtesy, positive attitude and good, clean fun. If you're starting from that perspective, then you are definitely headed in the right direction.

It is also very gratifying to know that you recognize the Admins are here to help! We all love to see players improve their skills as well as their sportsmanship.

I look forward to seeing you "on the tracks" and again, welcome to the BFM forums!

-Fender

Offline Luupää

• Posts Too Much
  • The master of disaster
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 07:34:30 AM »
Hey Riddick and welcome to the forums. I hope I can race with you soon!

Sig made by me.

Offline nd

• Junior Poster
  • Stickman made by Sprite :D
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 07:39:28 AM »
Hiiiiii Riddick. Your name looks familiar.. Have we raced together before? If we haven't, hope to sometime!

P.S. Has anyone else noticed hydra is usually the first person to post or atleast on the front page of almost every thread  :o
You’ve got to fight, fight, fight, for FSU
You’ve got to scalp ‘em Seminoles;
You’ve got to win, win, win, win win this game
And roll on down and make those goals
For FSU is on the warpath now,
and at the battle’s end she’s great
So fight, fight, fight, fight to victory,
our Seminoles from Florida State.
F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E
Florida State, Florida State, Florida State, WOOO!

Offline RUSTY0

• Junior Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 07:44:32 AM »

Well done Riddick, thats the what I like to see.

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 10:35:49 AM »
Man i love those movies (and the animated one). Welcome to the forums and an excellent intro. As you can see its quite rare and relieving!  :LOL:

Offline T@rg3t

• Posts Too Much
  • Ex BFM_T@rg3t
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 10:52:26 AM »
Great to have you around Riddick!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Offline Plixity

• Posts Too Much
  • I'm in your base, killing your mans.
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 11:16:20 AM »
Hey there Riddick! This is what makes our (well, at least my!) day! Its great the you came to the forums and are on the road to improvement. Don't let your mistakes get too you. The first time I joined a BFM server was to test out my sniper skills on hogs, which I later found out wasn't the best thing to do in one of our servers ;D. The admins were so nice I just had to go read the rules, and long story short, here I am!

Perhaps you, too, will apply? :).

Offline BFM_ImaybeU

• BFM Admin
  • Got Ping? I do!
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 12:16:44 PM »
Hey new guy!!  Welcome aboard, Riddick!!  I started out exactly the same way you did.  Discovered Halo on-line games after playing the campaign a few times.  Played CTF a lot, then discovered racing and eventually BFM servers.   Got kicked several times in my ignorance of the rules until an admin politely posted the website in team chat.   Woah!, they have rules!  Lots of rules. 

After reading about the BFM philosophy and policies, I found a favorite place to be on the servers.  I still keep a printed set of the rules near by for quick review.  They become second nature after a while as does your driving & shooting skills (still working on mine   ::)).

It didn't take long for me to want to be part of the BFM clan and work with the great group of folks and admins that make it a fun place to play for all ages. 

So keep racing and I hope to see you on the tracks soon!

^^Thanks Warlord for the great sig!

Offline Bleach

• Senior Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 05:12:35 PM »
Welcome to the forums Riddik! I am sure you'l soon understand all the rules to the point where racing gets fun :D

A part of the winning teams for season 9, 10, 13, 17, 18 and now 19. Thanks for all of the great memories guys :D

Offline warcheef

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 05:28:02 PM »
Yo riddick we all have been new one day, the first bfm i met was jar, and i started breaking the rules by shooting everything and nading everything i could see and I we're like "whats going on ??" eventually my bro tooked my place while i we're cooking vegetables and started to make fun of him, then he got really really mad and things turned bad, but i am those kinds of  people who learn from their errors and now i enjoy a lot respecting the rules and i watch my bro a lot!! Lol hydra too bad my brother isn't like yours  ::). See you on the #5 or #6 man i hope you can be my gunner  :) and don't worry man maybe they have a lot of rules but they are nice guys :)

Offline Banshee

• Newbie Poster
  • No One Gets Left Behide
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 06:30:37 PM »
Glad you joined us Riddick. Cant wait to race with you.

P.S. If your basing the name Riddick from the movie. (its a great movie)

Thanks Ren for awsome sig

LIFE ISNT ALWAYS ABOUT WINNING.

Offline Cr@zy

• Senior Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 06:30:51 PM »
hey Riddick, welcome to the forums, ive raced with you once or twice in the past day, your doing great, keep up the good racing.

Thanks H@ngm@n Soooo much for the Awesome sig!

Print