Print 

Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 9557 times)

Offline T@rg3t

• Posts Too Much
  • Ex BFM_T@rg3t
Gas Prices
« on: April 10, 2008, 01:37:24 PM »
Just out of curiosity. I've been watching gas prices steadily creep higher and higher and it's just sad at how high they are now. 3.50 a gallon where I live. I was just wondering what the prices are around where some of you guys live. Just to compare.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Offline Fralalala

• Regular Poster
  • This One Time I Was BFM_British...
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 01:50:18 PM »
Sure this has been made before...
But ours is £1.16 a litre at the moment.

So you guys still have A LOT of catching up to do. ;D

Offline Nutrino

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 02:05:41 PM »
Bwahahaha. $3.50 gallon sounds like a lot to you?

At my nearest gas station I'd pay the equivalent of $10.25 per gallon; or 5 quid and 20p in Imperial money (GBP). Using the price I-Am-Bored gave, the Brits would pay the equivalent of $8.70 per gallon.

Which is kinda ironic considering Norway (where I'm from) is the third largest oil-exporting nation in the world; only outdone by Russia and Saudi Arabia! You'd think that'd mean we got good prices on petrol, wouldn't you?  :muah:

Cheers,
BFM_Nutrino

Offline Ediseye

• Posts Too Much
  • And t3h shark eatz itz
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 02:09:45 PM »
Wow, you guys pay a lot for gas, Nutrino and British. Lol. Over where I'm at, the average is about $3.30 a gallon right now.

Offline Fralalala

• Regular Poster
  • This One Time I Was BFM_British...
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 02:55:44 PM »
Yeah.. Luckily i get about 120Km done before i have to fill up so i can manage. ;D
And my tank is hardly.. Well hardly a tank actually. Lol

Offline Cr@zy

• Senior Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 04:22:34 PM »
3.20's up to 3.72 at one point

Thanks H@ngm@n Soooo much for the Awesome sig!

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 04:52:30 PM »
Which is kinda ironic considering Norway (where I'm from) is the third largest oil-exporting nation in the world; only outdone by Russia and Saudi Arabia! You'd think that'd mean we got good prices on petrol, wouldn't you?  :muah:

Cheers,
BFM_Nutrino

But what's it's total production? It may export more, but that doesn't mean it produces more oil proportionately.

I get thirty miles to the gallon with a 13 gallon tank, which is about 630 kilometers for one tank of gas. About 12.8 kilometers per liter. Hardly any highway driving, too.
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 05:08:06 PM »
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline ThE BrIcK

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 05:11:55 PM »
Gas is the cheapest over here in Jersey. The Wawa here. Yes, a WAWA, the gas is $2.97  :neckbeard:
BFM History
Application - 9/23/06
Little Tags - 2/17/07
Big Tags - 4/3/07
Corporal - 3/9/08
Sergeant - 8/15/08
Lieutenant - 9/27/08
Captain - 7/4/09
Resignation - 5/20/10

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 07:24:15 PM »

heh.

I read a story in last weekend's newspaper about a german guy who bought a '57 Caddy from someone in Arizona (I think?)

He and his companion flew out here and spent four months driving around in it, all over the western US.

Great (non-verbatim) quotes:

"Now I've driven all over the western US in a superb 1957 Cadillac with my best friend.  That's like a dream that few people ever get to enjoy!"

When asked about our high gas prices: "$3.50 is very inexpensive, compared to the $7.40 (equiv) we're currently paying in Germany! So with the strong Euro and your relatively low gasoline prices, it made our dream holiday even that much better!"

Oh yeah: The CHEAPEST in my area it $3.56 today.  The station down the street is asking $4.14 ....

Oh, and the first time I ever bought gas it was . . .

$0.13 / gallon!  :eek:  :aaaaa:  ::)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Volley

• Posts Too Much
  • You Just Got Served...
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 08:12:22 PM »
$3.35 average

~Former 1st Lieutenant - 2008

Offline T@rg3t

• Posts Too Much
  • Ex BFM_T@rg3t
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 08:28:07 PM »

heh.

I read a story in last weekend's newspaper about a german guy who bought a '57 Caddy from someone in Arizona (I think?)

He and his companion flew out here and spent four months driving around in it, all over the western US.

Great (non-verbatim) quotes:

"Now I've driven all over the western US in a superb 1957 Cadillac with my best friend.  That's like a dream that few people ever get to enjoy!"

When asked about our high gas prices: "$3.50 is very inexpensive, compared to the $7.40 (equiv) we're currently paying in Germany! So with the strong Euro and your relatively low gasoline prices, it made our dream holiday even that much better!"

Oh yeah: The CHEAPEST in my area it $3.56 today.  The station down the street is asking $4.14 ....

Oh, and the first time I ever bought gas it was . . .

$0.13 / gallon!  :eek:  :aaaaa:  ::)

.13 a gallon  :drool: :drool: :drool:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Offline 'Medic

• Posts Too Much
  • High Speed, Low Drag.
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 08:36:51 PM »
$4.09 for diesel around here.

Free if I install the Frybrid conversion for my car and burn used Fry oil!!

..someday!

A neighbor has the conversion on his F250 Pickup and he gets his oil from a nearby seafood restaruant. Smells like fried shrimp when he drives by!

-'Medic

-signature courtesy of Atroxide & h@ngm@n

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try!"
--Master Yoda

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 08:41:26 PM »
About $3.15 around here.

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 09:52:46 PM »
$3.89 for regular where I'm at unless I go to Arco or Costco. Unfortunately, one car only uses super. The upward trending in prices are setting us up for an expensive summer. Better tell the kids to walk home from school.
[img

Print