Print 

Author Topic: Stunt server?  (Read 4311 times)

Offline l4nc3r

• Newbie Poster
Stunt server?
« on: April 21, 2008, 03:37:17 PM »
has anyone in BFM ever thought of a stunt server.. it would be fun..crazy footage for site ill be the guinea pig and fly :)

Thnx to spidey and Luupää for the sigz

Offline Plixity

• Posts Too Much
  • I'm in your base, killing your mans.
Re: Stunt server?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 04:23:21 PM »
The closest thing to a stunt server we have would have to be the CE server, but sometimes we make out own servers and have fun in them. They are not official BFM servers though.

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 04:42:31 PM »
Stunt servers are a blast, but can get boring easily.

Offline l4nc3r

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 07:26:05 PM »
yeah.. but if we experimented in ce like plixity said it could be fun.. like.. area51 :P
 its fun as heck if u get thru the underground place..

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 02:12:59 AM »
The reason we don't have them is because not many people would play in them. We try and keep the servers that people use often, that have 10-12 people in them for most of the day. We wouldn't fill up a stunt server for more than a couple of hours.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline l4nc3r

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 07:22:01 AM »
well when im in bfm ill moderate a stunt server :P and if ne1 wants to join theyre more than welcome.. now i need to go read up on server commands so i can use time freeze and other mods :P

Offline [HÐ]Bunny

• Newbie Poster
  • Fall down 7 times, stand up 8
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 08:13:12 AM »
  I do know that }SoC{ has a stunt team  and that they have alot of  fun with it but ditto to what Hydra said.                                                                                                     
The reason we don't have them is because not many people would play in them. We try and keep the servers that people use often, that have 10-12 people in them for most of the day. We wouldn't fill up a stunt server for more than a couple of hours.

^Thanks VxT for the sig :D

Offline T@rg3t

• Posts Too Much
  • Ex BFM_T@rg3t
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 04:19:23 PM »
It would be hard to keep them under control all the time. I'm sure half the time it would just turn into a slayer server. There would be alot of people who probably wouldn't catch the flow of stunting and mess things up and people might end up getting mad. It just doesn't seem like a thing that I could see being easy to supervise and keep under control. Race is hard enough to supervise sometimes as it is.  :-\

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Offline l4nc3r

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 07:22:14 PM »
i know wat ya mean target.. i understand wat u all mean as well.. but let me try..? ill run the server myself :P even keep halo on when im afk so server runs.. :) and it is hard to keep people on task.. but ill try my hardest..

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 07:28:00 PM »
If you want :) That decision is up to you. But just remember until it is approved by BFM and if you get Tags you can't write BFM in the title name.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline l4nc3r

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 08:59:57 PM »
i wont write bfm in the title.. until i have the tagz.. :P how does BFM_£4nc3r sound?? sounds lovely!!! :D but yeah i know of alot of ppls who like stunt servers.. it depends on the maps u do it at and the mods u have.. but yeah.. ill try my best.. all of u add me in xfire if u want.. mines l4nc3.. the more the merrier :)

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 01:11:22 PM »
stunts sounds like a great idea! :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief:

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 01:20:58 PM »
I'd play there, as long as the server was kept clean like the BFM servers!  :D :D

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
  • Yea I'm Pink...so what?
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 07:44:32 AM »
Meh, I've never really been into stunts :P I just like killing things.
But if you become  BFM, you could be the server operator, I might join everynow and then

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 12:36:05 PM »
I know this is sorta a dead topic but I was just browsing and saw this and considering I stunt as much as I race I have to put my imput...

From personal experience and the experience of some of my friends, a dedicated stunt server is a BAD idea. In your case it might be ok though, because you have so many people with rcon capabilities you could easily keep it under control as long as one of you is in there and that that person knows what he/she is doing.

And also if you know a few things then mods are not necessary unless you're looking for impossible thrills

In that case a modded stunt server is you're best option. The best to start out with is definetly Development Trainer (devmod) which can be easily found by googling it or getting it from a friend (add my xfire if you want it (soldier88midget)). Good luck in you're quest to getting one  :toot:

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Print