Print 

Author Topic: Ventrilo, Halo and old sound cards... (ANSWERED)  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Kozmo

• Junior Poster
Ventrilo, Halo and old sound cards... (ANSWERED)
« on: August 10, 2007, 12:52:10 AM »
I have a crappy old sound card laying round...
Before I go messing with my settings, does any one know if it is possible to both?
  • Plug in the old card and have all ventrilo sound run through it (for headset)
  • Run all my other sound through my onboard card
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 02:20:56 AM by BFM_Chaindog »

Offline Slanzinger

• Regular Poster
  • Wakka wakka wakka Saturn wakka wakka...
Re: Ventrilo, Halo and sound cards...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 02:59:55 AM »
Should be possible, yes. Ventrilo has an option in the "Setup" menu, under the "Voice" tab, to choose which sound device is to be used for each function. For example, I have mine set up at the moment for "Default DirectSound Device" for the output and "USB20 Camera" for input (as when I initially installed it, that was the only mic I had) - changing these to a different setting should only affect Ventrilo, not any other programs.

If, however, you want to change the default sound device for everything on the computer: (Assuming here you have XP)
Go to Control Panel
Double-click on "Sounds and Audio Devices"
Click on the "Audio" tab at the top
Use the drop-down menus to choose sound cards for "Sound Playback" (all output from the computer, unless chosen otherwise in a particular program) and "Sound Recording" (all input)
Click OK to save the changes.

If, at any time, you need to change the volume for a particular audio device:
Double-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
Click "Options"
Click "Properties"
Use the drop-down menu next to "Mixer Device" to choose the sound card whose volume you need to change.
Click OK, the volume sliders for the chosen device should appear in the Volume Control box.

Hope some of this was of some help.

--J
wakka wakka wakka Saturn wakka wakka wakka...

Offline Kozmo

• Junior Poster
Re: Ventrilo, Halo and sound cards...
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 08:38:11 AM »
Thank you, Ill give it a go.

Print