Print 

Author Topic: Wrong Name?!  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Benzo

• Newbie Poster
  • He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins!
Wrong Name?!
« on: April 27, 2008, 02:10:36 AM »
ok so I was playing in one of the race servers when,BFM_Nutrino told me to change my name.I replied with: "Me?!" as I thought what is wrong with the name "Benzo"? So I asked him and he said "It is a drug". And then I said " It is?!" and he said "yes".

So I agreed to change my name (to Ben).I then did a google search to find out that,yes "Benzo" is a drug.I could not believe it! A nickname that I have grown up with for the last 5 years is actually a drug!!! I really,really do not want to have to change my name to "Ben" as I feel it lacks flavour,personality and is just downright BORING!

I have never had a problem before with this name in other BFM race servers.Do I HAVE to change my name to just Ben?

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Wrong Name?!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 08:10:05 AM »
Benzo is short for Benzodiazepine.  It is a legal class of drugs that can be abused.  If we were to outlaw anything that can be abused then we would have very few names allowed at all.  Nutrino did the right thing based on what he knows and his wanting to keep a clean atmosphere.  At the same time we have to guard against looking too hard for things that may have some obscure illegal reference.  This one is relatively obscure (I had never heard of it and had to look it up) and does in fact also refer to something that can be legal.  I am going to say that you can use that name but with a request attached.  On the rare occasion there might be someone who expresses a very real concern about the name.   On those occasions please continue to be as understanding as you were with Nutrino and change it when asked....thanks.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Print