Print 

Author Topic: high quality, helpful sites for homework assistance  (Read 4848 times)

Offline Chevizzer

• Newbie Poster
  • Formerly Chevalier
high quality, helpful sites for homework assistance
« on: June 03, 2008, 09:23:30 AM »
Howdy,
Here are some sites that I have used to complement my textbooks and such in the past.

For K-12 Math help:
http://mathforum.org/dr.math/
This site is run by math wiz volunteers from around the globe. They explain the concepts quite nicely and fairly easy to understand for their respective levels. Topics include basic addition and subtraction, calculus and trigonometry, and pretty much everything in between. The site is also easily navigable and very easy on the eyes (the only advertisements I have seen so far are for related math textbooks, and those are only few on the main page). This global group will also answer generalized homework questions sent by email (within a business day or two, generally). Highly recommended!   ;D

For unit conversion:
http://www.onlineconversion.com/
This site is extremely helpful for those who want to double check their conversions between units. The complete list of conversion topics is too long to list here, but it includes trigonometry, astronomy, and physics unit conversions, to name just a few. The possibility of conversions does not just encompass one country, but a multitude. (I did not know a "candy" is an Indian unit of measurement, and a "carga" is a Mexican unit of measurement, but I can convert between the two if I so choose. Not bad.) With all units of measurement you could think of, and tons more, this site is extremely helpful.  :winkgrin:

I hope this helps someone, and I'll post more high quality, free sites here for homework help as I come across them. Have a great day!
“I’ll tell you who your enemy is gentlemen: apathy, passivity, indifference. And yes, uh, also those red guys.” -- Captain Butch Flowers from RvB

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.
--Former U.S. President Abraham Lincoln

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
Re: high quality, helpful sites for homework assistance
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 12:24:29 AM »
Also, although a little hard to navigate:

www.sparknotes.com

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Bonessi

• Newbie Poster
  • That's me in real life...
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 05:15:35 PM »
Another good study site is:

www.freerice.com

it's good to practice for the SAT's and just for vocabulary.
For every word you guess right The World Food Group donates 20 grains of rice to some poor kid in Africa!

Go check it out.
I promise, it's funny, actually kinda addicting...
Get Racing!

Offline Chevizzer

• Newbie Poster
  • Formerly Chevalier
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 01:11:15 PM »
If anyone needs help with coding Java:

http://java.sun.com
is the homepage for the Java programming language, and:

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/
is the site under the above parent site that I used extensively in my college Java programming class last fall. It lists all the current Java classes exhaustively and gives examples in each list of what each class means. Basically if you have a Java programming question, any at all, this is the first place to go for the latest Java release (version 6). The other version APIs are also on the homepage above.

“I’ll tell you who your enemy is gentlemen: apathy, passivity, indifference. And yes, uh, also those red guys.” -- Captain Butch Flowers from RvB

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.

Offline BFM_Hlao

• BFM Admin

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 05:12:54 PM »
http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp

EVERYTHING you will ever need about ANY programming
i haven't even heard of some of these.
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 12:48:35 AM »
omg, these helped heapsssssss

Thanks-you so much!!

~d3struct

Offline Chevizzer

• Newbie Poster
  • Formerly Chevalier
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 01:21:57 PM »
omg, these helped heapsssssss

Thanks-you so much!!

~d3struct

Thanks to everyone who has posted here, and glad this helps you man!  :winkgrin:

Offline Slanzinger

• Regular Poster
  • Wakka wakka wakka Saturn wakka wakka...
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 02:38:48 PM »
A-level Physics (mainly AQA exam board, but possibly relevant for other courses too):
http://www.antonine-education.co.uk/antonine_education_contents.htm
(GCSE also, and ICT and Electronics)

Also, anyone in the UK who's doing Physics, Chemistry or Maths A-level (AQA, OCR and Edexcel respectively) - drop me a line, I have a load of computerised notes which I can easily mail you.
(Edexcel German too, but probably slightly less relevant)

Although I believe the specifications are changing now?
wakka wakka wakka Saturn wakka wakka wakka...

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 05:03:33 AM »
OMG guys thank you so much! these sites rocked!  :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Print