Print 

Author Topic: D&D  (Read 3799 times)

Offline HogZlla

• Posts Too Much
D&D
« on: June 04, 2008, 07:58:23 AM »
Just curious if anyone actually plays Dungeons and Dragons anymore. My son and I play and have a blast. I used to have friends that played locally, but they've all moved on.

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
Re: D&D
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 08:03:25 AM »
This should be in gaming and halo themed games section  :winkgrin: lol, but personally, I never have.

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
  • Yea I'm Pink...so what?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 08:20:56 AM »
I played it once, for about 30 minutes... :P

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 07:33:04 PM »
I never understood the game. Characters can get way too powerful.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Slayton V. Price

• Posts Too Much
  • Here we are, Juggernaut!!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 08:45:58 PM »
I do play. Yes, thats right.  Mr.Price plays Dungeons and Dragons.

I play once a week, and run a game once a week. 

On Sundays, I play as a 16th Level Sorcerer/Cleric of Nerull, who replaced my 17th Level Samurai after he blew himself to little pieces.  Ouch!!

On Mondays, I run a game after hours at a local Comic book shop.

I agree with you though Hydra, some Characters get way overpowered, take my brothers for example.  He plays a 16th Level Psion, on sundays, who, due to three Feats doesnt have to Eat Sleep or drink, never gets tired, and can read the mind of anyone that is on the same plane of existance as he is.  GAHHHHH!!!!

But, he can't dodge the good old
FIREBALL!!!!!!  :muah:

Slayton

Offline HogZlla

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 09:14:38 AM »
 :cawg:

I've been playing since 1980 and don't play a character over 12th level! I never made it past AD&D, either...you like the newest edition better?

I do play. Yes, thats right.  Mr.Price plays Dungeons and Dragons.

You make us sound like geeks! Oh yeah, I guess I am  :haw:

Offline Slayton V. Price

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 09:27:08 AM »
Making us sound like Geeks, not the intention. 

As for which edition I like.  3.0 and 3.5 are the only ones I'll ever play.  I think when they released  $th edition, I mean 4th edition, they were just looking at hitting the MMORPG crowd. The younger kids who have played WoW and Guild Wars, and think that everything is a great big Grind session.  Persoanlly I think most of the decisions they made and changes the put into place were not made for the right reasons.  That's the main reason I'm sticking with 3.5. 

I am interested in trying a World of Darkness game.  My brother loves the genre so, I thin we'll be giving that a run shortly.

Slayton

Offline HogZlla

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 04:30:59 AM »
Cool, Slayton. I was just kidding around about the geek thing  :)

Offline Slow Bullet

• Junior Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 07:22:43 PM »
Played it once w/ cousins but destroyed them after 45 minutes of playing. i got bored! never played it again.

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 07:39:22 PM »
never played , never plan on playing .. im gonna stick to video games

Offline Toe Tag

• Junior Poster
  • You don't want any part of me.
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 11:54:08 AM »
I play when I get the chance.  Opportunities have been few and far between, though, because the people in my group work different schedules and family obligations take up most of my weekends.  We are considering play by email (PBEM) for our campaigns that focus more on chat & discussion (rather than combat & crawling dungeons) just to keep things moving along.

I liked 1st Edition best.  Second Edition is pretty good, too.  I don't much like Editions 3 and 3½.  I think TSR/WotC oversimplified too many things.  My group has switched over to the later editions.  However, I care more about my fellow players, how they play, and playing the role than I care about the rules.  The rules are merely protocols to facilitate gameplay.

I have rolled nine characters since I starting playing with my current group in 1993.  They all are mid-level characters (4-12) of various races and classes.  I play two of them more than the others.

Does anybody remember Module B1?  I still have it!  We three brothers still have our lead figurines somewhere around here, too.
LIfe is good.  Vacation is better!

Offline HogZlla

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 04:05:35 PM »
It is hard getting a group together, isn't it. We used to play online when my friend ran a program (bot) that let us roll dice among other things. I think it was on Telnet...hard to remember. I've always like 2nd Edition because it was a good mix of everything, but we always made concessions on HP like adding your level to HP per day. Who wants to sit around healing forever! Speaking of the old modules, I've got a bunch of them. I have one die (20 sided) left from the box set, too. My figurines are long gone, though.

Offline 'Medic

• Posts Too Much
  • High Speed, Low Drag.
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 02:54:02 PM »
Does anybody remember Module B1?  I still have it!  We three brothers still have our lead figurines somewhere around here, too.

I do!! I do!!!!

The figurines that you, Fender and I so meticulously painted over the years are in my attic!!!!!

Woo!!!

I remember playing Module B-1 back in 1981 with you, fender and Tony S. in our old dining room!

Way back!

-signature courtesy of Atroxide & h@ngm@n

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try!"
--Master Yoda

Offline zagwa

• Junior Poster
  • my rock of doom!
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 04:54:30 PM »
I LOVE D&D :neckbeard: :neckbeard: :neckbeard: :neckbeard: :neckbeard: :neckbeard: :neckbeard: SO MUCH IT IS LIKE MY FAVORITE NOT ONLINE GAME  :chief:  ;D

Offline Slayton V. Price

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 07:29:44 PM »
I am currently waiting for Paizo's 3.75 to drop.  It should be out soon, either September or October. It takes most of its stuff from 3.0 and some of the more useful points from 4th.  And, the fact that it isnt WotC publishing it, means it may breathe new life into it.  Not that it isnt alive, just something new for us to use. 

Currently, I have two characters on the go, one is Garrick of the Vale, a 16 Level Sorcerer/Cleric.  The other, who is in the same campaign, is Alicar Karnac, a 17th level Samurai.  Both, in my opinion my coolest characters, though Alicar is my favorite. 

Print