Print 

Author Topic: Cant log in on Skorcard (RESOLVED)  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Tanger

• Posts Too Much
Cant log in on Skorcard (RESOLVED)
« on: August 13, 2007, 07:09:11 PM »
Well on skorcard.net i cant login on the homepage or the forums. When i type in my email/username i click login nothing happens...when i use to log in fine.

Iv double checked my email address and password.
No my internet/firewall is not blocking it.

Any ideas?

I would ask someone there but i cant get logged in to ask of course...

-Tanger
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 03:13:49 AM by BFM_Chaindog »

Offline Tanger

• Posts Too Much
Re: Cant log in on Skorcard
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 07:43:45 PM »
Lol Max i checked that >.<

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 09:55:51 PM »
Err...Skorcard doesn't like you.

Skorcard wasn't working for me the other day maybe it was temporary...

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Tanger

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 12:49:43 PM »
Err...Skorcard doesn't like you.

Skorcard wasn't working for me the other day maybe it was temporary...

lol i hope but its been for a week...thats what i thought now im wondering

EDIT: I can now log in :D
[/s]

Edit again.....I can login but i cant change my banner and my banner wont update. When i type my name in and choose which banner i like it takes me to the next page...where it says view banner code. where you click and it gives you the new code for your banner. however when i click that that it takes me back to the start of the banner process.

LAST EDIT I PROMISE!:lol well i use internet explorer instead of fire fox and it worked! so its working now. now i can use hangmans newly made banner woot woot :D lol
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 07:01:59 PM by BFM_Tanger »

Offline BFM_Chaindog

• BFM Admin
  • F☼rum M☼derator
    • Hades Star:  Stargate Corp
Re: Cant log in on Skorcard (RESOLVED)
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 03:15:00 AM »
It sounds like the Skorcard website isn't optimized for browsers other than IE, this usually causes this issue.  Used to make it near impossible for me to login to the old forums because it'd just reset to the login screen after putting in my info and pressing enter.   :munch:
"May you never cheat, lie, steal, or drink....if you must cheat, cheat death..if you must lie, lie in a loved ones arms...if you must steal, steal kisses...and if you must drink, drink with us yo!"

NOTE:  I've currently returned from serving in various Middle East combat zones.  Wow, just realized how many years I've been hanging with BFM, since near the beginning!  :Chaindog:

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: Cant log in on Skorcard (RESOLVED)
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 12:46:49 PM »
It sounds like the Skorcard website isn't optimized for browsers other than IE, this usually causes this issue.  Used to make it near impossible for me to login to the old forums because it'd just reset to the login screen after putting in my info and pressing enter.   :munch:

Oh, I can tell you that I'm pretty-much around to MAKE SURE that they're NOT optomized for IE!  ;D

If prob's with IE: It's probably one of those obtuse Security settings within the Internet Options control panel....

Either browser: Another possibility is that you're getting bit by some caching: Try holding down the <SHIFT> key (Firefox) or <CTRL> (IE) and while clicking on the RELOAD icon for the banners page - after every change yopu make to it.  (This gets a 'fresh" page and bypasses ALL caching between you and the server.)

(Missed refreshes on the banners page has always been a problem with skorcard, BTW. That was supposed to be fixed by the addition of the "Submit" button at the bottom. 'Guess NOT, eh?!?)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Print