Print 

Author Topic: Ringtones!  (Read 1062 times)

Offline JôkÖr

• Regular Poster
Ringtones!
« on: June 25, 2008, 12:09:13 PM »
Well I figured out how to use audacity and trim parts of the songs out that I want for ringtones. But I can only make them about 7 seconds long before they get to big to be a ringtone. I downloaded one from myxer and its a minute long and 235K. But it costs a fortune to download stuff off the net on my phone plan! So heres my question, how do I make ringtones longer and smaller in size? Im guessing its an mp3 compression thingy?

Offline zetlandpeat / {HM}Zet

• Regular Poster
  • The Vikings are Coming - Up Helly Aa
Re: Ringtones!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 12:32:21 PM »
It all depends on your fone , my nokia plays mp3, acc, mid and mxmf files. If you have an older fone then memory will fill quickly, one of my mp3 files is 2mb.

good luck

oh yes, you can get phone managers for various makes of fone, nokia and sony erricson i think motorola do, you need to be able to plug in phone to puter via usb, other cabled link or Bluetooth (so named after a viking guy).
These suites will do the conversions for you.

good luck again

I have a nokia system I am sure i can upload it somewhere

zet
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 12:10:30 PM by zetlandpeat »
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

TALL SHIPS RACE COMES BACK TO SHETLAND

I would like to be a glowworm, a glowworms never glum, it`s hard to be downhearted when the sun shines out your bum.

Print