Print 

Author Topic: What is the difference between a Vector and a Render.  (Read 5507 times)

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
What is the difference between a Vector and a Render.
« on: June 27, 2008, 01:50:20 PM »
?

Offline ToMaHaWk

• Regular Poster
  • Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
Re: What is the difference between a Vector and a Render.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 03:42:22 PM »
Err in what context?

I know when working with Photoshop, vectors are lines made with the pen tool. Vector masks are masks of a render, or whatever you choose, that allows you to work and manipulate the item without physically changing the item itself.

A render is simply the object, main focus, and primary image of a signature. In my case, the render of my signature would be the hawk.

Offline Max

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 04:05:24 PM »
Render is an image that just has the primary focus of a picture and has had the background cut out, and usually is on a transparent backdrop.

And for vectors, I personally don't know, but I quote Wikipedia "Vector graphics is the use of geometrical primitives such as points, lines, curves, and shapes or polygon(s), which are all based upon mathematical equations, to represent images in computer graphics."

Offline ToMaHaWk

• Regular Poster
  • Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 04:23:50 PM »
Even though this dropped a bit, I figured it'd still be useful to know.

I decided to try out a tutorial on using the "Pen Tool" for Photoshop and it focuses solely on vectors.

Here's what the tutorial had to say:

The pen tool is one of the few tools available to you in Photoshop that works with Vector Graphics as opposed to Raster Graphics. Vector Graphics use mathematical statements and points in order to define their shape and other characteristics, and therefore are very scalable. In other words, vector graphics can be scaled to any size without ever losing quality.

Offline sandwich

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »
i've done a couple vectors, this is a vector:

Which, like they said uses the pen tool.

This is a render:

its just the picture with nothing done to it.

Print