Print 

Author Topic: a couple of questions  (Read 1069 times)

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
a couple of questions
« on: June 27, 2008, 04:49:25 PM »
hello
my first question is about server seven.  when you are in a ghost and are closely following another truck or ghost can you fire on that truck as long as you are facing forward going for your navs or would it be considered chase killing.  i think this may be considered chase killing because you are following a person for kills, or you may be driving sideways in a ghost and killing another person located to your side, once again following someone for kills.  or would these be acceptable AS LONG as you are following your navs?  i am not sire what these would be called so i would just like some clarification. 

my second question is about the servers.  i was reading an unban thread.  according to the person who was banned there were no admins in the server, which i believe him because he is know to me as a good racer.  his statement was responded by an auto ban may have kicked.  my question is there really an auto ban function in the race servers?  if there is, how is it activated so i know how to avoid it. 

i thank anybody for their time and help. 

your friend
-Carl
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: a couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 05:41:04 PM »
Just like racing in the gunner seat of a hog, as long as you are racing legally to your next nav, you are allowed to kell the enemy.  Being alone in a ghost obviously gives you opportunities to do this that are not availabe in a hog but that does not make those oportunities ilegal.  As long as you are notgoing out of your way and/or stopping racing you can feel free to kill the enemy.

Yes, there is an auto-ban feature on the servers.  The way it is "activated" is by betraying your teammates too many times within a given time frame.  I will be perfectly honest that I don't know exactly what the settings are in our servers for exactly how many betrayals in what time frame but it is not usually something to be worried about because we have team killing turned off in our servers so betraylas should only happen very rarely.  Auto-bans are also only temporary and expire after a specific time frame...again I have no idea what the time frome is set at.... :-\  This is actually a very common setting for Halo servers.  Most guests will have nothing to worry about with it.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
Re: a couple of questions
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 06:10:35 PM »
ahhhh, OK thank you very much.  you clarified my questions with good details.  once again i thank you for your time. 

your friend
-Carl
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

Print