Print 

Author Topic: Old arcade games  (Read 1961 times)

Offline zetlandpeat / {HM}Zet

• Regular Poster
  • The Vikings are Coming - Up Helly Aa
Old arcade games
« on: July 17, 2008, 04:32:08 AM »
My favourites were Defender, Space Invaders and Asteroid. Any one know where I can get reliable copys of the above???

Thanx
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

TALL SHIPS RACE COMES BACK TO SHETLAND

I would like to be a glowworm, a glowworms never glum, it`s hard to be downhearted when the sun shines out your bum.

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
Re: Old arcade games
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 05:39:59 AM »
well if you have a Nintendo DS, GBA SP, normal GBA, or a GBA micro, you can buy copies of all your classics on GBA.  (gameboy advance).  their are websites where you can download trials of these games.  just go and type in something like dos games because i believe they can run in dos. 

here is my ALL time favorite, never can be beat, ultimate game. 

but for others i like pacman, space invaders, asteroids, and yea that's about it. 

if you interested in some new old school style games check out this game. 

take asteroids, kick up the speed by like 10, add 50million enemies and turn the graphics to ultimate and you got geometry wars. 
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

Offline goner

• Junior Poster
  • don' h8 tha playa h8 tha gammmmmmeeee :P
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 02:49:56 AM »
hey zetlandpeat whaddabout sinistar??? lol u can try romnation.net if you're running roms from your computer...saw some atari games like centipede/milipede...xevious....
slumber will come soon, and you are helping put it to sleep; side by side we do our share, faithfully assuring, that slumber will come soon---

----bad religion

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 03:57:32 AM »

as carl said, google defender zip dos, and you should find versions that will run on a PC.  There is a zipfile of about 10-12 games floating around, includes asteroids and pac man.

Print