Print 

Author Topic: Headset  (Read 4999 times)

Offline Manticore

• Junior Poster
Headset
« on: July 19, 2008, 07:55:56 PM »
Hey folks!!

I have 80 bucks and looking for a niiiccee headset that will last me. Anyone have a suggestion?

Puhleese put the item name, price (if known), personal comments on it (how would you rank it against others), and location i could buy it at :D thanks. (btw it NEEDS a mic not just headphones)

Thank you Miserabilis!                                       Thanks a bunch Slayton!

Offline Manticore

• Junior Poster
Re: Headset
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 09:21:37 PM »
!Edit! That number just bumped to 120 bucks ;D (late b-day moneyz)

Thank you Miserabilis!                                       Thanks a bunch Slayton!

Offline Max

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 10:50:15 PM »
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158051

Creative Fatal1ty, amazing sound quality for a pretty good price.

Offline Manticore

• Junior Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 11:06:59 PM »
Cant go to links w/o writing them down and manualy entering it. store i could find this at? And how long has it lasted you.

Offline Max

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 11:10:43 PM »
I've only had it for 2 weeks now, but 90% of reviews on newegg.com gave it 4 or 5 stars. I've read a few reviews and the all say it's lasted for a long time.

You can get it at CircuitCity, not sure about other stores like Walmart and Target.

EDIT: You can get it off Walmart.com(not sold in stores), although I would reccomend Newegg.com. Search for "Creative Fatal1ty".

Offline Manticore

• Junior Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 11:18:04 PM »
Ty ty. Whats the general price? And how well does the mic work?

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 12:29:52 AM »
$50 from Newegg (+$10 3-day shipping)

Quote:
"Cons: Microphone does not go up and down like most headsets."

Offline Manticore

• Junior Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 12:34:05 AM »
One position fits...most? And im looking fer somethin i could get by hand. I only have cash = unhappy internetz.

Offline Max

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 01:13:05 AM »
Someone else on Vent care to say how my sound quality is?

And yeah I agree with that con, although the mic is detachable, which is VERY nice if you're eating.

And general price is around $50 USD.

Offline Manticore

• Junior Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 07:56:55 AM »
Lol! Well...do you need a credit card to buy it?

Offline ToMaHaWk

• Regular Poster
  • Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 08:52:59 AM »
Most likely, Manti.

I know I use just a standard Logitech headset that I bought from Walmart for about $18. I haven't had anyone complain about my sound/clarity and it works pretty well. The only downside about it is that they cables are long and get wrapped/twisted around a lot of things. It also is kinda old and boring looking, but that's not really a big deal.

Offline Manticore

• Junior Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 09:18:03 AM »
Gah. Dont have a credit card D:

my last mic was a logitech mono ear piece and the feedback was HORRIBLE! No one could hear me untill i shouted and even then the constant humm of my computer was annoying. So i just want something people can hear me clearly when i talk normaly and no background noise.

Offline ToMaHaWk

• Regular Poster
  • Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 11:56:04 AM »
Yeah I didn't get the one earpiece headset. I guess you could say I got the "professional" version of the headsets they had at Walmart. I had previously tried their "ergonomic" gaming headset that curved behind your head and around your ears. It was so horribly uncomfortable. However, I'm sure that with the variance of products that Walmart sells, they probably don't have the headset that I'm talking about.  :sad:

Offline Max

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 12:13:11 PM »
Lol! Well...do you need a credit card to buy it?

Not if you but it at a store, online though yes.

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »
I have had a handful of headsets over the years and have become a fan of the "cheap" ones.  The few expensive ones I have had only slightly improved on sound quality and break just as easy as cheap ones.  There is a big difference in breaking a $15 headset and breaking a $50+ one though.  Start cheap and find out what you want in a headset.  Different styles fit differently (which makes a big difference), diferen styles work differenly (USB versus soundcard).  You don't want to spend a lot of money up front until you know how hard you will be on it or what you like/dislike in headsets.  You can also find cheap ones at your local stores where you can pay cash.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Print