Print 

Author Topic: Headset  (Read 5043 times)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: Headset
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 10:45:18 AM »
I just half to look for NOISE CANCELLING!! on the box lol

ROFL!

"Noise canceling" in MOST instances only me "over-the-ear cups" instead of foam covered, on-the-ear headphones!

There is "active noise canceling" which is software that removes unwanted echo - and is pretty-much standard with all sound devices these days....

The TRUE, ACTIVE "noise-canceling" headsets - with active hardware built INTO THE HEADSET that drowns out spurious noise with opposite sound waves INSIDE THE EAR CUPS - cost over $100 ($200?), for sure....

Moral of the story: Unless over-the-ear cups will do fine for you as "noise canceling," don't believe 1) what the packaging says about noise canceling, and 2) check high-end audio reviewers if you really want to find something that ACTUALLY does noise canceling well!

GL!
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Manticore

• Junior Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2008, 05:32:10 PM »
Okay guys. I just bought a 26 dollar headset that follows: Gigaware wrap around USB stereo headset 43-203 with "Superior clarity (skype certified), noise cancelling mic, and in-line volume control." any comments?

Thank you Miserabilis!                                       Thanks a bunch Slayton!

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2008, 05:52:57 PM »

can't hear a word you just said, sorry.   something about nose cancer ring?

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 06:15:52 PM »
I was going to reccommend "Plantronics". They make excellent headsets. Myself, Exodus and Nemesis all use the same headset which is Plantronics and cost about AUD$60 (Probably gonna cost $35-40 in US though). We have NEVER had a problem with any of the 3. :thumbsup: to Plantronics!

PS. These headsets have lasted 20 months, 14 months and 12 months respectively, and we've never been able to complain once. An excellent $60 investment.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Manticore

• Junior Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2008, 07:42:30 PM »
Yeah. Well im starting out cheap and didnt want to pay for S/H and this was the only brand besides Logitech...and that was a good 10 dollars more. I'll test it out at home on the 30 or so...and i have 93.64 left! :D anyone have this brand and able to give feedback...ive opened the box and put it on...i think it fits comfortably.

Thank you Miserabilis!                                       Thanks a bunch Slayton!

Print