Print 

Author Topic: Xfire pop ups (ANSWERED)  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Forseti

• Junior Poster
Xfire pop ups (ANSWERED)
« on: August 18, 2007, 07:52:40 PM »
Anyone know how to prevent xfire from shooting pop up windows at you? Some times it is chat and sometimes someone wanting to be my friend. It will go on top of anythign I am doing and I will have to minimize the game to make it go away.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 05:00:22 AM by BFM_Chaindog »

Offline Tanger

• Posts Too Much
Re: Xfire pop ups
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 08:30:03 PM »
hm...mine never does that it only sends me a notification at the bottom right of my screen. if yours is doing that and it wont go away...i have no clue.

Offline ((Kàkà§hì))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 09:11:20 PM »
The only indication for me is a kind-of ripping noise when I'm playing, but I don't see any popup. I think this is due to the fact that I run the game at a different resolution then I run my operating system. Not sure about that, though.

THANKS  SLAYTON  FOR  THE  A W E S O M E  SIG!!!
http://ninjamouse.com - http://ninjamouse.com/images/Kakashi_sig24.jpg

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 03:08:20 AM »
I play in a window and it does come up over the top, if you play in full screen it shouldn't. I only play in a window so i can see  the vent window.
~Former BFM Sergeant ~
~ Arrived 20/08/2007 - 23/11/2009 Departed... ~

Offline ThE BrIcK

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 10:11:28 AM »
I play in a window. Playing in window with Xfire = bad.

Because if somebody xfires you, then you have two windows pop-up. The main one that you usually use when your not playing and the one in the bottom right corner. Its really annoying when that happens but it's much easier to minimize.
BFM History
Application - 9/23/06
Little Tags - 2/17/07
Big Tags - 4/3/07
Corporal - 3/9/08
Sergeant - 8/15/08
Lieutenant - 9/27/08
Captain - 7/4/09
Resignation - 5/20/10

Offline Forseti

• Junior Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 04:21:24 PM »
Well I have been playing in a window since getting xfire. I usually do get the tiny little pop up in the lower right corner when someone responds to me. If someone sends me a first message or I get a request to be a friend, it pops up on top and I can not close it. I have to hit the "start" button on the keyboard to get out of Halo to then close the window. I will try MAx's suggestion and maybe that will at least fix the one. BTW someone sent me a request to be a friend last PM and I was in the middle of a game and hurriedly closed it without accepting and did not even see who it was from. Meant to automatically accept it if you resend it lol.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 10:21:56 AM »
Turn OFF xfire balloon popups by:

0) Start up xfire & login

1) Tools -> Options...

2) Under "General" tab, at bottom, in the "Balloon Tooltips" pane:
Uncheck both boxes.

3) If you ALSO want to turn off the sounds xfire alerts with:
Select the "Sounds" tab & uncheck whatever/everything.

4) Select the "OK" button to save all your setting changes.

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Chaindog

• BFM Admin
  • F☼rum M☼derator
    • Hades Star:  Stargate Corp
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 05:00:06 AM »
Well I have been playing in a window since getting xfire. I usually do get the tiny little pop up in the lower right corner when someone responds to me. If someone sends me a first message or I get a request to be a friend, it pops up on top and I can not close it. I have to hit the "start" button on the keyboard to get out of Halo to then close the window. I will try MAx's suggestion and maybe that will at least fix the one.
Using the Windows button to switch between programs = VERY BAD.  Sometimes it'll trip settings in your game because the game doesn't recognize that form of program switching.  Other times it may freak out the settings between the game and the graphics card as it switches to desktop settings, and you'll crash or even after quitting the game later some programs may crash or act funny.  Use the key combination ALT+TAB (holding down the ALT key and tapping the TAB key until you are at the program you want, then release both) to switch instead.  This program switch is supported or at least understood by the majority of games from 2000 and newer.
"May you never cheat, lie, steal, or drink....if you must cheat, cheat death..if you must lie, lie in a loved ones arms...if you must steal, steal kisses...and if you must drink, drink with us yo!"

NOTE:  I've currently returned from serving in various Middle East combat zones.  Wow, just realized how many years I've been hanging with BFM, since near the beginning!  :Chaindog:

Print