Print 

Author Topic: What does your name say about you?  (Read 10019 times)

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
  • Yea I'm Pink...so what?
What does your name say about you?
« on: July 31, 2008, 08:37:03 PM »
I saw a topic a while ago that asked, "how did you get your name"

:) well, it's not quite the same. How you got a name, and what it says about you personally, may not always be the same thing.  :)

For instance, Someone might name them selves Spartan 117, it's a common name, and I bet they got the name from...well, master chief. But what it says about them, is that they love Halo enough that they pick an Unoriginal name, just to show it, regardless what other people think of their creativity.  :clint:

So...what does your name REALLY mean about YOU??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does my name say about me? It says I dont care what people think of me. I'm a guy, and I'll wear Pink if I want to. If you don't like it, tough....thats your issue. (a jerky meaning, but it gets my point across  :cop: )

Offline Grim Oswald

• Newbie Poster
  • Witticism is just Wit and Ticism put together.
Re: What does your name say about you?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 09:26:33 PM »
I rather suspect my name gives off the wrong impression of myself, as online at least I am as positive as they get! :) So a short answer might be I am a fan of irony? However,* its origins and "what it says about me" are somewhat connected, so it's time for...A STORY! Wait, no, don't leave, it will be interesting, I promise! :doh:

So, this dates a little way back to when my sister and I were younger. We would make these newspapers about stuff happening around the household and such, and print them off and give copies to everyone in the house. Three years or so later, I thought "Hey, I know the perfect way to showcase my trademark humor and wit!** I will bring back The Tails!" (That is what mine was called. It is a pun on account of our cat being named Tails). While making it, I got the idea of creating a fictional team behind the newspaper. The head of the corporation was Fluffy, a stuffed koala bear who to this day sits on my shelf along with my numerous other stuffed animals (Yes I still like them. Do not judge me :P). And I decided to make this wooden stick with a skull on top wearing a bandanna into the reporter/interviewer. But of course, he needed a name. So I thought about it for a minute and came to the conclusion that Grim Oswald would be the perfect name. See, there was sort of a double irony here, because being a skull he looked like a grinning idiot, but also being a skull you would expect him to be kind of grim. And I just liked the name Oswald. Here is a picture:

So anyway, fast forward to when I was signing up to a forum. I already had an account there, but I did not really like the name so much and only had like one post anyway, so I thought why not just start anew. So being the traitorous scum that I am I pinched the name from Mr. Skull-On-A-Stick and used it for myself. And from there I just started using it more and more for things online, such as other forums, Unreal Tournament, and of course Halo (Incidentally, my other most regular name is EvilWeevil, so if you see that somewhere it *might* be me). And so...

...Wait, what was this thread about again? :doh:

Oh right, what my name says about me. I guess it says...I guess it says...***

...I guess it says I really need to come up with better names in the future. :P

*Disclaimer: this whole post may just be an excuse to post its origins so I can just copy and paste it if anyone ever asks me about it.
**Disclaimer: said humor and wit may be non existent.
***Disclaimer: it may also say that I type far too much and live in the dream world in my head.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 10:34:07 PM by BFM_Grim »
Grim is the ultimate BFM!!!
I wouldn't go so far as to say that Grim is the best BFM ever... but he's definitely in the top one.

Grim Oswald: Types too fast to be human. :D

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 10:11:18 PM »
I think mine shows that I'm slightly random and like the letter 's'.

Offline Snake 3-1-3

• Senior Poster
  • Snake 3-1-3
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 10:51:34 PM »
i wish that my name mean that im fierce but i like the fact that snake is an spy (metal gear game) so i loved to sneak thru the map to find my prey in slayer servers (im very tactic in that way, i dont like the confrontations one on one i prefer to kill without being watched like the surprise element), but when i found BFM i changed the meaning of my name to sneak to see the rulebreakers  :cop:

i always use this name in every game i play, and i think this name reflects myself because i never give up in anything and always try to do th right things in my life, also the snakes are one of the best animals in the nature and i love the fact that they wait for the prey or sneak to get it but never surrender.

Well that is what i think about myself and i love both the character of snake in metal gear and the real snakes   :)

Offline BFM_Slim

• Leader
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 04:34:24 AM »
Unlike my twin Grim ( well that's a whole nother story) my story is simple. Im slim...like i like to stay fit and am in my 30's and slim. Friends i grew up with say how do you stay so slim, so i thought hey slim its is.  Sorry it wasnt more exciting  :siderofl:
I used to go by poor me a long time ago when i was getting killed all the time  :toughguy: but many...many and some more many hrs on Halo have taught me to race and live  :clint:

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 04:42:09 AM »
my name people may think as boring or plain.  well that is what i like.  i like it to be kept simple, and plain.  i also think it sounds original kinda.  you know just have your name its original to me.  over all i am a plain and simple man. 
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

Offline aaron

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 07:02:07 AM »
well my name is aaron because that is my name. What this shows about me is that i have a very limited imagination and am no good at thinking up names.  :-\

but i like it so it is going to stay. :angel:

Offline ToMaHaWk

• Regular Poster
  • Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 07:32:40 AM »
Just like Octane, my name has stuck with me through whatever game I've played.

I originally used to play under the name ToMaHaWk. The first time I ever joined BFM was shortly after it was founded. There are so many names from the original members that are no longer with us, however, there are also so many names that remain. ;) Anyway, I used to go by BFM_T-HaWk because ToMaHaWk was just one character short of working. It was all nice and smooth with the new name until I started getting an incessant number of comments about Tony Hawk.

How could I have never seen the correlation?  :doh: So if you guys ever hear Elvis call me "Tony," it's because he loves to tease me about it...

The origin of the name ToMaHaWk comes from it being a primary weapon used by some Native American tribes. I live in Florida and was formerly a diehard Florida State University Seminole fan, the Seminoles being a major Native American tribe in the southeast. The fans have this in-game ritual where they make a chopping motion called the "tomahawk chop." Hence, I adopted the word and have used it in every game I've played or tried to use it on every forum I have registered.

When I switched from BFM_T-HaWk to BFM_HaWk, I realized that my name ended up having dual meanings. It incorporates my original name but it also brings to light another interest that I had when I was a little kid. When I was young I was really intrigued by raptors (not necessarily the dinosaurs you're thinking of!), with hawks being one of them.

Well, that's all the significance I can think of regarding my name. :)

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 08:55:07 AM »
ha my name well old name of MiGeWiBro was me :hurr:!

Offline zetlandpeat / {HM}Zet

• Regular Poster
  • The Vikings are Coming - Up Helly Aa
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 09:02:02 AM »
Zetland it the old name for the Shetland Isles, where I come fae.

Peat is an organic fuel widley used in Shetland

Shetlandpeat does not fit.

Zetlandpeat is a comical mix of them both and fits.

So there you go, history, comedy, size and warmth.

That could mean old, joker, compromising and cordiality.

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

TALL SHIPS RACE COMES BACK TO SHETLAND

I would like to be a glowworm, a glowworms never glum, it`s hard to be downhearted when the sun shines out your bum.

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 09:05:08 AM »
i like Shetland because of the good salmon that comes from there.  lol
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

Offline UCANTSEEME

• Senior Poster
  • Mnid pwoer is the olny way to sccuses.
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 09:46:01 AM »
My name is UCANSTSEEME... Can you guess why...?....

:yesyes:Because UCANTSEEME!!!!!:yesyes:

SEEU on the track!

Sig by Hlao

Big thanks to Geekums and Slayton for the sig!

Offline Forseti

• Junior Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 10:32:53 AM »
Ok if you know the song, Bunny Fufu is clearly a boy rabbit. No respectable girl rabbit would go around bopping field mice on the head, but I started using the name, because my daught thought of it when she saw me just running around on the Easy Campaign not shooting, just hitting the aliens on the head. I thought it was funny and when I used it on line, everyone was really friendly, more so than any other name - probably because everyone thought I was a girl though lol.

Then I went to Forseti the Norse god of peace, justice and truth when I was going to be an admin and {HM}BunnyFu just did not make any sense and was sure to not make some folks happy on your servers where I play a lot. Then when I took a break from clan life, again, peeps just seem to be much nicer in general with the Bunny Fufu name - a lot of people really do judge a book by its cover I guess. That and everyone thought Forseti was some kind of Italian race car or something. I just wanna be loved!

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 12:18:23 PM »
what does my name say about me?

Hmm...I never really thought about that before, I guess it's just because I always take it for granted. When I first made it I thought it was more original than it acutally is, because I thought it would be smart to flip the M in Midget (I'm short, you can figure it out from there) to make it look like a W. It was only after I started playing halo that I learned it was an actual word. From then I kept it because it shows my interest in electronics, especially some that people may not know offhand

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline Noodles

• Senior Poster
  • (:
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 01:36:55 PM »
I Like Noodles.

Print